Not open for further replies.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
There is no board as Gigabyte X38 DQ4, its either DS4 or DQ6
Foxconn board is not available locally.
Asus Maximus Formula is 18k or so.Maybe less but not less than 15k

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ wat happened u again shifting to LGA775 or something?
if ur dealer is giving that mobo for 13.5k then get it asap.its steal at that price.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
seriously, why should one pay 14k for core2 based board when Nehalem's boards are available for 2k more and that the processor too is available for 15k. Just a thought.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I suggest you save money and/or buy nehalem config. It doesnt make sense spending so much money on an LGA775 board now. It wise to wait for sometime and buy the x58 board with nehalem core with some good 1066 mhz rams. With some bios updates in the future, you can buy and use beyond 2000mhz based rams.

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
but bro DDR3 cost bomb right now plus X58 motherboard are costs much more than X38 plus the nehalem will also costs much more than Q6600 which i plan to buy & plus right now there is no performance difference between i7 & quad core.

bro can you tell me prices of i7 processors & a good X58 board? if they suits me i can consider them

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ That isnt a good reason to spend so much on a DDR2-LGA775 based motherboard now is it? Most People barely tweak settings like dram-fsb ratio, voltages, northbridge and southbridge. You have to look at price per performance ratio as well.

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
^^ That isnt a good reason to spend so much on a DDR2-LGA775 based motherboard now is it? Most People barely tweak settings like dram-fsb ratio, voltages, northbridge and southbridge. You have to look at price per performance ratio as well.

so what components do you suggest?

amitash

Intel OCer
^^^ wat happened u again shifting to LGA775 or something?
if ur dealer is giving that mobo for 13.5k then get it asap.its steal at that price.

Lol no way would i shift back to LGA 775...I have already ordered the Gigabyte Extreme board...I was just giving the price for the maximus formula my dealer quoted thats all

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
Lol no way would i shift back to LGA 775...I have already ordered the Gigabyte Extreme board...I was just giving the price for the maximus formula my dealer quoted thats all

bro can you tell me the price of your motherboard, processor & memory?

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
I would recommend waiting for a month's time. We should get better rams by q1 2009. It make sense that we should get atleast 2000mhz if someone wants to move. Too much latency is not worth it.

so you mean that i should change Ram to DDR3 but should stick to Quad core? right

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ You should move to Nehalem or wait for Deneb. No offense meant, it will be really really stupid to pay 15k for X38 motherboard at this point of time.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ you are right. The whole platform is changing from ddr2-ddr3. With that kind of budget- its wiser to wait. Waiting for one month wont hurt if you ask me.

amitash

Intel OCer
bro can you tell me the price of your motherboard, processor & memory?

Gigabyte GA-Ex58 EXTREME (Ordered arriving in a week)--20k
i7-920--299$ (bought in the US)
G-skill 6GB 3x2GB--240$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom