In the zone
mail2and said:
Mahesh Babu said:
sidewinder said:
Mahesh Babu said:
AMD 3000+ 64bit sucks

get atleast AMD 3500+

and also get ASUS 7800GT and enjoy the life

Why dont u tell this....... Every pc processor on earth sucks,get a supercomputer!!!
AMD 3000+ is the best a value pc buyer can buy right now.3500+is a hell costlier.3500+performs beteer doesnt mean 3000+ sucks :evil:
My friend bought a new AMD PC with 3000+ CPU (socket 939).Now he is saying that his old celeron 1.2Ghz was more superior to this in games.He could see just a small difference in speed.That sucks.So Go for AMD 3500+ or better or better stay with your current config.BTW he has Good graphics card GEforce 5700.

Dont go for FX series as they are way too costlier around 30ooo-40oooRs
Dont forget to get 7800GT especially ASUS brand which will cost around 25000Rs
Get Logitech 7.1 speakers around 20-25K.This will make a good config.

Your friend, my dear, is an a$$.

Are u comparing a Celeron 1.2 ghz thing with an Athlon 64 3000+? Are u even sane? Or better is ur friend insane? :D

I went from a 866MHZ P3 to a 1.7celeron thinking it would be 50% faster since I only needed just enough more juice to real time compress MPEG1 video... No way!! it was actually slower... Just got an AMD3000+ and it is more than twice as fast. Easily... Benchmark shows over 4 times as fast as a 1GHZ P3. And it does feel like its twice as fast.

Installing the proper drivers always causes a dramatic improvement in speed as well. Intel CPU's seem to be half as fast as AMD CPU's if you use MHZ.. IE a 3GHZ Intel chip would run about the same speed as a 1.5GHZ AMD CPU roughly. I can belive that since seeing hwo they screwed up the P4 celerons so much. The P2 celeron was like 10% slower so it was a good deal. Even 25% slower is okay.. But 50%? Especially when you need new mother board and much more expensive DDR ram etc...

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
Mahesh Babu said:
Vyasram said:
Mahesh Babu..... are you freakin' crazy ... maybe your friend is more freakier than u ......

And could someone plz tell me the price of the Gigabyte GA k8NF-9 Mobo
and the MSI K8 Neo 4 - F

Say that 'i will use google before asking dumb questions' 100 times

*img312.imageshack.us/img312/8756/bart5wz.gif

looks like you re gonna suggest me buy a system that will set me back by almost a lakh......

as for the 3500+ i'd like to say its price index is almost 30% less than 3000+ thats why i go for it and cel 1.2 is almost two generations behind this

Abt the google search the prob is that they dont offer Indian prices mainly even in froogle ... I 've searched also at techtree and even at the Digi-giga site so I asked here..... Therefore in India it should not be considered a dumb question......

Thanks for that link you guys gave me I've emailed them abt the price

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
Dont go for FX series as they are way too costlier around 30ooo-40oooRs
what exactly do u mean by that ?
all fx series are 30k-40k ?
do u know that the gf 5200/5600/5700 et al are FX 5200/5600/5700 respectively ?
what do u mean by that statement plz clarify

theraven, if I am not mistaken, he was talking about AMD FX series CPUs and not the nvidia FX series GPUs.

Mahesh_babu:
According to this site, the amd 3000+ surpases P4 3GHz in most benchmarks. Tell me then, do you suppose the celeron processor in questionis faster then p4 3GHz?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well Mahesh Babu,
I have a 3000+ ,talk with me about performance.

Oh yes i have 2 1.2Ghz Celeron.

Also hardware needs to be complimented by good software to work fast.

Could you please list the exact configs of the 3000 and celeron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom