Preview [October 2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
@All Readers of Digit

Hi all!

Its been some time since I made Digit Archive for the readers. It was well received on the Forum but going by last few issues of the magazine it seems people have not found it useful.

To be frank, the only feature which it lacks compared to the Old Digit Archive is the description of the applications. The reason why its impossible for me to include the same with each software is that Digit itself does not provide the description on the Forum.

So there is no way in which this can be updated. Moreover, I am sure you all would understand that I wont be copy pasting description for each software from each month's DVDs which contains approx 200 software.

It was quite disheartening to read the comment of Mr. RS Bhattacharya in particular where he claims that the Archive is useless and Digit may have not even tested it before releasing it in the DVDs and how a novice is not worth finding a place in Digit's Software.

A lot of effort goes into making any software application. If Mr. Bhattacharya can offer to improve the same, I'll be glad to share my Source Code among all readers of Digit through this forum.

I plan to release the source code of my version if there are people willing to work on improving the same. What do you say guys?

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 has found 37 virus or Trojans etc. in the Licensed Software Folder. Please scan the discs before installing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krow

Crowman
Re: Preview [October 2009]
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 has found 37 virus or Trojans etc. in the Licensed Software Folder. Please scan the discs before installing.

*shop.ebay.in/merchant/taurusoft.india

Linux Forums

*taurusoft.forumotion.com/
Last edited by Anorion; Today at 09:54 PM.
What's up Anorion?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^ just decreased the violently large font sizes. In fact, did that to my own post as well.
@Rajivgundi, can you please mail a screenshot of the detection to cdcontent@thinkdigit.com?
For anyone else who get's an alert, please do the same, along with the AV software you are using, and when you last updated.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
^ just decreased the violently large font sizes. In fact, did that to my own post as well.
@Rajivgundi, can you please mail a screenshot of the detection to cdcontent@thinkdigit.com?
For anyone else who get's an alert, please do the same, along with the AV software you are using, and when you last updated.

First of all, its "rajivnedungadi" and not "rajivgundi".

Secondly, I would send send the screenshot by today evening as I am about to leave for work in another hour or so. I dont know if it would finish scanning the same.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@ Anorion Okay! We shall wait for the screenies although I am sure it probably will be a false positive. These AV's are not something I trust wholeheartedly at all.

vamsi360

Always confused
@All Readers of Digit
A lot of effort goes into making any software application. If Mr. Bhattacharya can offer to improve the same, I'll be glad to share my Source Code among all readers of Digit through this forum.

I plan to release the source code of my version if there are people willing to work on improving the same. What do you say guys?

I appreciate your work and I thank you because you have mentioned in July that you have done that software in VB. Then I started learning them myself and to say the making is just 4 clicks.

I can do the same in C# 3.0 with more features in just 4 minutes. What's the difficulty in doing it? Just designing a form and linking to a Database and just dragging the tables onto the form, arranging them and pressing F5 for running the app.

The source code is all Visual Studio generated.

If you really want to make a good archive then use all the features of dataBinding and Windowsforms so that it would be better.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
@toofan it's not sparse. Motherboards, Digital Cameras and Laptops were tested this month. Didn't put that in, so am editing the original post.

@nvidiageek: yeah, strangely enough, people still want those screensavers.

@rajivnedungadi: The software you mentioned were placed in the Licensed section as they were trials bundled with the licensed software we gave out. The licensed software is still worth 10K though. Should mention that in the original post, so editing that as well. Thanks for pointing it out.

@Digit Archive guys: we are working on it - our version - will take some time though.

@Distro junkies: This is not official, but from now on, we may start giving out DVD Distros - only of final releases of Fedora, Ubuntu and SUSE though - seems fair?

fair:razz:

Last edited:

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Here is one screenshot

*i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt50/rajivnedungadi/Digit%20Virus%20Oct%202009/DigitDVDVirus01.jpg

This is what I get after I install a program and try to run it.

*i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt50/rajivnedungadi/Digit%20Virus%20Oct%202009/DigitDVDVirus02.jpg​

toofan

Technomancer
@anoroin: Thanks for informing about hardware test. And for agreeing to provide the OS as boot-able DVD's.

@All Readers of Digit
Hi all!

Its been ........................................................................................... What do you say guys?

Vibhav. Kanwal: You archive helps me a lot. And I think it helps many others also.
You had done a great job. Which other even never think, you had done the same. And digit has also appreciated you work as they provide it in there DVD's.

If its this easy let them design there own.

@others: you can only say but can't do. If its only four minute away then please try making this with your own database.

Padikkal

Broken In
Most of the softwares available on DVD is free downloadable from their website and newer versions.
I never open these DVDs unless some thing special collections included.

'Get virus paying just Rs 200/- ! ! '

This extra 50/- only for the DVD?

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
We are very careful about viruses getting distributed to so many readers. Not saying that an infection is impossible, (can never say that), but we do everything we can to ensure that viruses don't sneak in*. However, Anti Virus software's detection methods are not perfect, and are likely to flag innocent software as infected, especially when the scanners are very sensitive. When a large number of software is given in a single DVD, the probability of such a false alert increases. Updates for AV B given on the DVD can be flagged by an installed AV A on the system.

*We download from sites that certify their downloads as virus-free, on a machine with two updated anti-virus software (AVG and Avast!), which is then transferred to another machine for burning. The software is scanned during the transfer.

Last edited:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I never open these DVDs unless some thing special collections included.

Get virus paying just Rs 200/- ! ! '

This extra 50/- only for the DVD?

I buy digit because I like the magazine.
I don't care about DVDs,it is not so important for me.
Unfortunately magazine get thinner day by day and quality(content) not like as good as before.
Extra 50/- not fair for only DVD.....:(

Krow

Crowman
^There is an offer for subscription for 900 bucks a year or something minus the FT and DVD's

channabasanna

In the zone
Did any of the subscribers in bangalore, recieved their copy of this month Digit magazine. Its already 8th of the month. And i have not recieved any mail saying that Digit is on stores, and the other mail saying my subscription copy is dispatched.

Why is there no consistency of sending the subscribers their copy in a scheduled time. For example, last month (September copy) i got the magazine after 12th of September, and the August copy i had got it on 30th July itself.

Krow

Crowman
@ all who have problems, you can mail Raaabo at :

robert [dot] smith [at] 9dot9 [dot] in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom