Preview + Feedback [March 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

echoplxx

Journeyman
*img814.imageshack.us/img814/466/digitcovermarch2011fina.png
Revealed! Secrets to social networking - We show you how to use social networking for fun and useful purposes. Find better friends, make lasting contacts, work better and gain popularity.

You + 3G = local social superstar – Leverage the power of local crowdsourcing in your area

Life without Facebook – Imagine the un-imagineable

*img854.imageshack.us/img854/2180/fasttrackcoverfinal.png
Fast Track to Android
We’ve all witnessed Android’s phenomenal rise in recent times. If you’ve pondered over getting an Android handset yourself, or you’re interested in Android, this Fast Track is for you.

Special features
Smart bots to play with! - Even your toys are getting intelligent these days. A closer look at some brainy tech toys.
Tech @ Work – Build your career in the lucrative segmant of IT industry which deals with testing of software and analysing its quality.

DIY - Spy Device from an old phone
Learn – How to use code hosting sites
Compare – Multi-Functional devices for home and work

Mobility on a budget – Laptops under 45K compared

Tech that died - Everything in the world of technology comes with an expiry date, some things more than others!

World View – This time we bring you the best from Lifehacker and tell you why Microsoft and Nokia need Lady Gaga

Monitor your employees – Reduce wasted time. See what your minions are upto!

Do more than just print – Multi-Functional devices are slowly but surely replacing stand-alone printers due to their versatility. We tell you why

Regular Features
Tips & Tricks: Chrome, Movie Maker, GIMP and more...
Mobile Watch: What does the Nokia-Microsoft alliance mean to us?
Web Watch: Quora, the smarter way to know stuff...
Consumer Protection Know your rights as a consumer

Bazaar Review Highlights
Nikon D7000 – An interesting middlemen
LG Infinia 47LX9500 – Impressive TV but 3D experience a let down
Samsung Wave 525 – A decent offering for a specific type of user
HTC HD7 – Sleek and stylish, but far from perfect
DELL Inspiron One Aio 2310 – It's an all in one, it's a TV

SKOAR!
Dead Space 2 – Chock full of content but little imagination
Dawn of War II: Retribution – Retribution has new face. A preview..

On the DVD
*img135.imageshack.us/img135/6636/dvdalphamarch2011.png
Alpha
Widows, Utilities and Security Starter Kits – All the software you'll ever need on a new PC or Laptop
Game Demos - Crash Time 4: Syndicate, Postal 2: Share The Pain, Q.U.B.E Demo v1.3
Full Games - Death Rally, Duty Calls, Warsow and more
Mega Movie - Zeitgeist III - Moving Forward
Mandriva Linux

*img821.imageshack.us/img821/9437/dvdomegamarch2011.png
Omega
Solved AIEEE and AIPMT papers by CBSEGuess.com
Tools: build your own social networking site
Video tutorials on iPhone apps development
Linux GnackTrack
Digit TV Video reviews - Samsung Wave 525 Review, ZOTAC GTX 560Ti AMP! Edition

For full DVD contents click here

Last edited:

n.tech7

Broken In
Social networking in offices should be strictly prohibited. It just drains the energy of employees. However I think that social networking can be done for good too. Like the ithinkgreen page by digit which is spreading the message of preserving our nature.

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
^Social networking in offices should be strictly prohibited...

I agree with you on social networking being prohibited at offices, however I think they should be restricted to a level. Games like Farmville and Mafia wars distract employees. To know more on how you can maintain a healthy balance between work and fun use of social networking read our cover story this month..

I purchased my copy today. My subscription already expired :( even after receiving calls from digit I didn't renewed, as there are no such good schemes. Only Pen drive and portable hdd, which most of us already purchased.

I never thought it would be available to the newsstand today. This edition looks classy and cool. Thanks

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Nice!

Will buy issue today iF its arrived.

I think I requested Android last mont and you have implemented.

Sigh, I dont have a Android phone.

Will give more feedback after I get it.

insaneYLN

In the zone
I opened my March 2011 package 10 minutes ago and after going through the contents, i must say thank you Team Digit, especially for the Fast Track on Android. :smile:

But, i do have a few queries -
What is the total count of pages of the magazine? Is it 120 pages (the last page being an advertisement of Asia Powercom UPS)? :C_doubt:
The reason i would like to know the above is because there is no mention of date, time & subject of the monthly webinar. :C_surprised:

The quality of the printed text & illustrations (especially the illustrations) of the Fast Track To Android is rather bad.
For example, the illustration on Page 7 (bearing the text "Android let you play around with all functions and features" below it) has got imprinted on the previous page as well. This is the case with majority of the illustrations on succeeding pages. The text & illustrations appear "smudged". :sad:

Does anyone report a similar problem concerning the Fast Track as mine, mentioned above? I was contemplating on requesting the Customer Care to send me another "proper" copy. :oops:

One last query, may i kindly know what is "The Young India Fellowship Recommendation Form" for? What purpose does it serve?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Just got the issue.

First thing I did was flip to QnA section.

In the last question about webcam, I clearly remember answering in Software section of the forum. I really wanted to see my name. Why was it edited out?
Expecting a answer..you want thread link?

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
^ Give me link to the thread.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

But, i do have a few queries -
What is the total count of pages of the magazine? Is it 120 pages (the last page being an advertisement of Asia Powercom UPS)?...

Yes the total number of pages are 120 in March issue. This time we don't have a webinar.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Not only mine but all questions from GPU Kaput? Have been asked in forum and have been answered by members.
My question is on pg-78.
I am not arguing but saying members deserved as the one answering.

Thread creator and the guys name in the forum with the name mentioned in the mag is same.
Link-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/136875-webcam-trouble-win7.html

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Overall, I feel issue is gud. Nice work :)

Yup, the FT to Android is very good and helpfull

I really like the Web services we used to like- article.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
great issue - loved the FT on Android though i don't have a Android phone the FT may come handy someday in future.

The FT theme really looks cool and thanks Zeitgeist III - Moving Forward - great docu film to watch and for Gnack Track - it made my OSS collection even better than ever.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I found that the game '18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul' would not install as the error said that the file was corrupt. This is bad.

Even during CT4 install I had to skip 1 file as it was corrupt.

sygeek

Technomancer
Is there any way that I can purchase March's (2011) Digit's fast track copy (only)? I really regret skipping previous month's digit, just to realise that the last month's fast track was to android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom