[Preview+Feedback] June 2005 Digit DVD - Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
J

Jacknife

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Please consider this thread as Preview and Feedback. The details regarding the contents of the Magazine and Fast Track would be up on the forum as soon as its finalised.

Keep 'em coming.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@ rapheal_angelo2005: Will you stop with that HUGE RED TEXT.... OUCH man... think of the other members... we like our "Readers" to keep their eyesight you know!!!

NO SUSE 9.3 DVD!

How many people have DVD burners? Those with DVD burners probably have broadband/always-on anyway! Plus I aint wasting 2.something GB of space just on Linux, what about the rest who are not interested in Linux?

Raaabo

medigit

In the zone
Raboo, u can give SUSE 9.3 Live CD if DVD is not possible.this is a request from majority of the readers i guess.By the way is it not possible to burn the iso to a DVD and then give that DVD to DIGIT readers.2 DVD in anniversary special edition will be GREAT

G

gxsaurav

well, I gave my requirments for july 2005 DVD already, hmm, plz also publish the magzine preview

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
A great post, though, I would have liked Physics and Chemistry eBooks.. Moreover, May 2005 did not feature much wallpapers of cellebrities.. Plz see that good quality wallpapers are there this time.. Good quality softwares are there and good that u hve included more n' more games but plz see that games can be run on almost any Graphics card.. Moreover, you could give tutorials on matering Flash, macromedia and various other good quality programs.. Finally, I don't think a SUSE 9.3 DVD is needed.. Of course, DIGIT mat give this inthe future but all this should be a surprise !

sudhir_mangla

Broken In
Can you Tell what is on CD

Some one from DIGIT Can you Tell what is on CD .

Is there only one cd this time too.

Please tell the content of CD or CD's also

well good contents and no surprises fellows not that good. :) . And no e-books c'mon digit what is this i wanted more.

And suse c'mon how many os u guys will change! :lol:

hariharan

Journeyman
Digit Archive

Hey 'jacknife23' what happened to the Digit Archive. I was expecting it to be included in the anniversary issue very much. Disappointing!!!!

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I think if it is an anniversary issue there should be something special and we don`t want any more encyclopedias.The contents 500 freeware are good.[/url]

rohanbee

Padawan
Well this is good stuff !!! But is that enough to renew my digit subscription that expires this month.............hmmmmm

or should i buy a copy from the newstand.

kaysquare

Journeyman
Raaabo said:
NO SUSE 9.3 DVD!

How many people have DVD burners? Those with DVD burners probably have broadband/always-on anyway! Plus I aint wasting 2.something GB of space just on Linux, what about the rest who are not interested in Linux?

Raaabo

Raaaaaabo its not an excuse for not including SuSE 9.3.
You are wrong in assuming that ppl with DVD burners already have broadband and ppl with broadband having a DVD burner. Ppl are asking for Suse coz thay cant afford the download and/or thay lack a dvdburner.

I think this forum has been started to cater the needs of such users.

Correct me if i am wrong

Hi, man i don't think the Anniversary DVD is cool.

y don't the diGit team understand that giving lot of freebies will not make it irresistable to buy,

I was soo much disppointed with the DVD contents, not a single impressive software was there to mention man!

That too single DVD and giving it on the occassion of Anniversary Issue is too disppointing.

hafees

In the zone
Is this the so called Digit annual issue?? i m really really DISAPPOINTED :( .

You could ve atleast include that SuSE DVD. (as an extra DVD). and Raabo when did u start thinking that dedicating 2 GB for Linux is waste. Then y did u provide those in the earlier issues??

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
NOT VERY GOOD and NOT VERY BAD list.. Its OK.. But is does not seem to have the charm like of previous DIGIT ANNIVERSARY issues.. Oh! Yes. Hope this DVD works too...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
SuSE DVD

Me too thinks that the SuSE DVD as an extra DVD is a must!!

Come on guys! Its ur anniversary!

:evil:
Hi all! I think that this is not right place to ask 4 SuSe coz we all r asking about it for the last 4-5 months but no body is listening. Even this is a demand of majority of readers but to no avails. If this forum just can't full fill the demands of a majority, what's the importence of all members asking for SuSe from decades.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
This is extremely disappointing...its supposed to be an anniversary issue, and theres no sign of Adobe Photoshop CS2, or any major image editing software. 90% of software featured can be easily managed to be d/led on dialup.
I would like the digit team to reconsider their reason for shifting to DVDs. Please remember that most of your faithful readers are people without broadband connections and they'd love to see something they can't download on the DVD. It first started with the relentless onslaught of linux OS's. Now it seems to be a mix of useless software, with even more useless games.
And how many times will you feature SP2?
On the entertainment section, please feature high resolution wallpapers (say, from deviantart). The previous months were all 100Kb ones.
I'd like you to continue with your trend of including some special videos like you did last time (PSP, etc.) Why couldn't you feature a video of the Xbox 360 & the PS3?
I think it's too late to change your DVD listing...but hell, you've blown the anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom