Preview + Feedback [July 2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jain_pranav

Broken In
DVD content is good..
But today i read the magazine,i personaly didnt like it..
Its full on security and nothing else..
Hoping good mag content next time!

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Just judging from dvd contest ; You guys put Adobe PS in the bloatware list? Its resource heavy, but hardly a bloatware. Also what is Winamp 3 doing there? It was so bad that Nullsoft decided to re-write the code and built Winamp5 from Winamp2 and 3. Winamp 3 is utterly unusable. Its cpu usage randomely shoots up and it crashes whenever it feels like.

Will get the mag, since really njoyed last months mag. It was surprisingly good (much better than most of the other special issues).

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Indian: Hmmm... bloatware because even advanced users function on a fraction of the features available, also because CS installs a whole list of secendary programs... and they are not above tracking usage data. If nothing else, bloatware simply because of all the code dedicated to keeping the software from being pirated. You are paying for that part of the developement, and letting PS use your disk space for that too.
The issues with Winamp3 are partially true, depends heavily on the user and the type of computer, and is equally true for Winamp5 as well. People who use Foobar talk about Winamp the way you talk about Winamp3. So it's all a matter of personal opinion.
In fact, bloatware is bloatware only if the user is investing more space and resources than he uses... so it's a relative thing. Read the article.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Update1: Received my copy today. Though the suckers won't let it bring to my cubicle as it has electronic media :x

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
@All readers of Digit

Thanks for your support! The Digit Archive v1 has been included in the July issue 2009 of the Digit Magazine. W00T!

I have now added an Auto-Update feature to version 2.0. The Archive database can now be updated from the internet. All previous users are requested to download the latest version.

*files.getdropbox.com/u/1311758/My Digit Archive v2.zip

The version in the July 2009 DVD is version 1. Hopefully, version 2 will be included in the next month's issue.
Original Digit Archive forum Thread : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1041706

Technocratamit

Broken In
Unlike many others posting here on the forum I like the coverage on security. It seems this months flavour was security or ethical hacking.However I would have liked a more detailed and in depth approach towards the topic. More often than not, the articles covered on such sensitive topics are shallow, they lack in-depth information.
One more thing I tried using the digit dvd2 for installing opensolaris machine but it doesnt seem to work. Its not booting up with the OS, when I checked the dvd it worked fine as I could see and access other contents from Digit.

Thanks & Regards,

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@All readers of Digit

Thanks for your support! The Digit Archive v1 has been included in the July issue 2009 of the Digit Magazine. W00T!

I have now added an Auto-Update feature to version 2.0. The Archive database can now be updated from the internet. All previous users are requested to download the latest version.

*files.getdropbox.com/u/1311758/My Digit Archive v2.zip

The version in the July 2009 DVD is version 1. Hopefully, version 2 will be included in the next month's issue.
Original Digit Archive forum Thread : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1041706

Great :p

sarosh

Journeyman
Digit, June anniversary issue, page 18.

WE WANT TO BRING YOU THE BEST AND NEVER WILL BE COMPROMISE ON THE QUALITY LEVELS OF OUR PRODUCT.

Signed,
Editor

Who is the editor here? Is it Raboo, or is it Mr. Edward Henning??
Or are you hiring some clerk to type out emails for you? Or to cut cost you are outsourcing your emails to some bpo consisting of 4 employees?

Are we supposed to trust a magazine whose editor DOES NOT KNOW ENGLISH GRAMMAR?

Mr. Edward Henning, I am not sure what your plan is, but ever since the merger with 9.9 (or whichever profit-making company it is) the quality of digit has gone down and down, and if I hadn't already paid for 5 years subscription in advance I would switch over to another magazine or just read about technology on the net.

The digit of 2 years ago was the real digit where we could sense the passion in the articles. I don't feel that passion any more, except in Raboo's articles or agent001's articles.

Anyway, it seems like the typical case that our good, old friendly, small company of digit has been overtaken by some big corporation or some foreign ideas and it will never, ever be the same again.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
No GPU "Versus" reviews since 5 months :( Sure they got many GPUs to test, ainnit?? And, did any one notice in "Bazaar" section of the Anniversary issue, the Palit GeForce GTX 275 review is not completed, what the hell?? Is it only for me or everyone??

toofan

Technomancer
I watched the videos of the readers meet and the other events and the pics. and opps i missed these events. There was a reader meed at moradabad but that's too at a distance of 4hrs form my town.

But those videos shows that there must be so much fun and knowledge sharing. Please give other videos also. A the conversation of web conference if can be given in the DVD next month would be very helpful for others who missed these events due to their nature of work.

Good work.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
And, did any one notice in "Bazaar" section of the Anniversary issue, the Palit GeForce GTX 275 review is not completed, what the hell?? Is it only for me or everyone??

Hey guys, what about this? Please tell me. And why only two game reviews a month?? I love your mag. for all the thing, but gets jealous of CHIP 'cause, I subscribed to you guys! They review 5 games a month! Darn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom