Preview + Feedback [July 2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
@nvidiageek: We love games as much as you do! There aren't many good games releasing every month. There's so much in the magazine itself that we have to cut down on the game reviews for these months. We'll keep that in mind though.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
@ax3
We like feedback and we take everyone's suggestions and complaints very seriously.

However, here's my personal opinion about your reaction.

I understand the importance and value of money but I think you're highly overreacting.

The feedback thread is for giving suggestions and telling what you didn't like. We'll always push to improve on that. I don't think anyone will agree with you that everything this month including the DVD is rubbish.

Although we respect everyone's opinion, I think you're doing so for the sake of mocking something or the other. The kind of comments you've posted in other threads on this forum paint a similar picture.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Thank you, cyberjunkie. You are the only one for the Team to reply to our problems :). I hope you guys review more games in the coming months. Your best issue to me was Dec. 2008, it had so many good game reviews, hope that type of issue comes soon!

I read this month's digit. Some review of this Rs. 4000/- barebones PC in India. Intel Atom with 512MB RAM and 160GB HDD. Seems like a great download rig cum home server.

@cyberjunkie or anyone else who were present in the REAL review: did it come with strings attached ?

warriork007

Right off the assembly line
july issue is nice

magazine quality has really improved

i had a little problem reading the fonts of Ethical Hacking section. i think the color combination was not appropriate. it really strained my eyes. the info could have been more indepth.

the videos provided in dvd were really nice. again there was nothing good for linux except linux journals, they r really informative. i think digit should have a section dedicated to linux in their dvd.

i am also having a problem with open solaris. i am not able to log in through it. can anybody please help. is there any predefined username and password.

although i was expecting fedora 11. it was disappointing not to find it in, but something is better than nothing(trying my hands on open solaris) but i am too restless to wait for it in the next months issue so would have to download it instead.

all in all july issue is good one. i am still reading it.

hope u help me out with open solaris issue

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
@MetalheadGautham: If you are talking about the Novatium Internet PC, it's something that is sold or given along with internet connections from BSNL. It might be available on a rental basis too. AFAIK, it's a customized Linux distribution which won't let you install anything. There's your catch :)

@warriork007: XWindows usually loads even without logging into the OS. Try jack as the username and password.

saddy

Broken In
hello digit , I had bought your Digit July issue . In the DVD you have provided
a Demo game "Darkensung:The dark eye" .which is in a zip folder. when i click on it i ask for a password , can you plz provided me the password for the demo.
n some of pages from the mag are missing .these are :
1.Agent 001
2.Best buys
3.Price Watch
4.Consumer Protection
saddy

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I liked the articles on
*Mobile Malware
*Ethical Hacking
*Security Lessons from the UK on CCTV
*How Conficker works (There is a BIG TYPO on the page, in orange font, CONFLICKER)
*Security Suites (I'm glad I am using McAfee)
*And offcourse Last Word

The article on WiFi components
I understand zone 1,2 and 3 is based on signal strength, but wouldn't it be nice to have the physical distance (broadcast range) of the router/AP in the absence of any physical barriers?

And I did not like this AD.

*img530.imageshack.us/img530/5840/imag0052.th.jpg

By your own standards it's ILLEGAL. Tell me if I am wrong :p

And offtopic, I renewed my subscription online this month, payed by credit card. I though processing of online subscriptions would be fast ?! Yet to receive any kind of electronic acknowledgement.

The renewal form you enclosed with my magazine tore when I opened the cover. It was stuck to the cover, in the glued/sticker flap :-S Your packaging people should be more careful.

*img208.imageshack.us/img208/6118/imag0054n.th.jpg

Last edited:

harikrishnat

Broken In
hello everyone

my open Solaris DVD was replaced by DIGIT but problem is not solved.

it does not boot at all... for conformation i tried fedora, ubuntu it works fine.

i dont want to waste Rs 40 again on courier sending this dvd back.

please tell me how can i make it bootable, can i use some software to burn the contents again so that i can boot solaris.

thankyou
please help me!!!!

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom