[Preview + Feedback] Digit June 2008 - 7th Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

svshastry

Right off the assembly line
Disappointed.

Anniversary issue with 2 DVDs. a separate DVD of Fedora 9 could have been included at least to justify Rs. 200/-.

yet to buy. will have to think twice

adi007

Youngling
Crap DVD contents...
Earlier i used to buy every issue of digit coz i had no net connection but now i have and that too night time UL

Will take max of 3-5 days to download all the softwares and other things ..
so within 3-5 days i can create a DVD of myself...

The only + point is the pdf's of mag and fast track..
But the thing is i hate to read pdf..i have GB's of pdf's but have not completed even one..
looks like i like only good old hard copy

praka123

left this forum longback
will digit will launch some offer for bluray rom drives for digit readers :lol: they used to have such offers before ;) (sorry,if it was a dream :p )

janudi

Right off the assembly line
Will Those DVD Works?????????????????????????????

Will Those DVD Works?????????????????????????????

Last edited:

╬Switch╬

In the zone
My MAY issue shipped last week.
And after seeing this delay, I was expecting this issue in July, but I am absolutely dumb-struck seeing it so early.
Wonderful job guys!

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
lol.......where is thread heading to? Never seen such things before? Are times changing? Will preferences change?

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Hey Guys....

im a regular reader of Digit ,Chip and PCWORLd.

Dont loose words like floods...

AS I ALREADY TOLD, CHIP DVDs are also USELESS FOR EVERY MONTH WHEN COMPARED TO DIGIT .

FOR THIS MONTH CHIP DVD-, ALL THE CONTENTS ARE USELESS EXCEPT SERVICE PACKS, AND UBUNTU.

CHIP EXCELLS ONLY ON ITS MAG CONTENT. NOT DVDs. TRUST ME.
THIS IS THE TRUTH.

THOSE WHO LIKE DVD CONTENTS, SIMPLY GO TO PCWORD INSTEAD OF CHIP.
PCWORD HAS WORLD CLASS DVD CONTENTS...

Last edited by a moderator:

anshul

Journeyman
May I suggest you just one thing.........or rather two.............
Give us 1 big game instead of many small ones and

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Give us a good subscription offer.
I have been waiting for last 3 years..

Oh yes............
It has not yet made its way into Shimla.

Last edited:

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Review

Digit – June 2008 Anniversary Special Edition

Magazine: As expected, the magazine is just 136 pages with quite a number of ads. The ads are fine but Digit should have at least added some more articles and made it a 200 page book. I did go through a few articles and stories, some are good and some are average. The paper quality is not as good as the earlier issues.

Caution: Please keep a pair of scissors handy to cut out the pages like I had to do, as they were stuck, possibly some binding or cutting problem.

Jumbo Fast Tracks: The six so called Jumbo are between 14 and 22 pages each. The fast tracks end before you even begin reading them. Out of the little number of pages, you have small ads on almost all the pages plus full page ads too.

The DVDs

DVD 1: 250 Freeware: - Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu 7.10 Training Courseware are the only main things I would look forward to on this DVD. The other software on the disc is just average and not of much use for me. I don’t know if others would like them as well.

DVD 2: Special: - The only thing I liked about this DVD is the Digit and Fast Track archives in PDF format. The movies are not all worth it, its just a filler and its quite clear.

In Brief

Positive

+ A few good articles
+ Windows XP SP 3, Ubuntu Training material and Digit and Fast track in PDF

Negative

- Not at all worth the price tag of Rs.200/-
- NO DVD case for the DVDs
- Filled with movies that no one would bother to watch
- Bulky packing of newsstand copies

The Calculation

Regular Issue – Around 150 Pages
Special Issue – 136 pages

Regular Issue – more articles less ads as compared to Special issue
Special Issue – more ads than regular issue, less contents

Regular Issue – One Fast Track with around 180 to 200 pages
Special Issue – Six 20 page fast tracks with ads (A4 size), in color, can be considered equal to one regular fast track only, because of the quantity of contents

Regular Issue – One Dual Layer DVD + One CD + DVD Case + DVD Inlay Card
Special Issue – Two DL DVDs only

In short, if we see, we have not got anything extra for the Rs.75/- we have paid extra for the magazine except the long wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom