[Preview + Feedback] Digit June 2008 - 7th Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again.*www.deccansojourn.com

Who r u?

Its ur first post..............as I can c...........

Wat d hell have u posted in this thread??

The URL even redirects to another GUJRATI site..............url redirecting..............is bad for ur PC's network security......those who are aware they know how much problems can occur......

And once again what d hell have u posted and whyyyyy????
:evil: :twisted: :x :shock:

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
June 11th 5.16 Pm no Mag yet even in Pages.

Disappointed

June 11th 5.16 Pm no Mag yet even in Pages.

Disappointed

God bless Digit

Last edited:
K

keves2002

June 12th , Still I didnt find Digit here in dubai, What happened to my fav mag ?:D

drsubhadip

In the zone
Review

Digit – June 2008 Anniversary Special Edition

Magazine: As expected, the magazine is just 136 pages with quite a number of ads. The ads are fine but Digit should have at least added some more articles and made it a 200 page book. I did go through a few articles and stories, some are good and some are average. The paper quality is not as good as the earlier issues.

Caution: Please keep a pair of scissors handy to cut out the pages like I had to do, as they were stuck, possibly some binding or cutting problem.

Jumbo Fast Tracks: The six so called Jumbo are between 14 and 22 pages each. The fast tracks end before you even begin reading them. Out of the little number of pages, you have small ads on almost all the pages plus full page ads too.

The DVDs

DVD 1: 250 Freeware: - Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu 7.10 Training Courseware are the only main things I would look forward to on this DVD. The other software on the disc is just average and not of much use for me. I don’t know if others would like them as well.

DVD 2: Special: - The only thing I liked about this DVD is the Digit and Fast Track archives in PDF format. The movies are not all worth it, its just a filler and its quite clear.

In Brief

Positive

+ A few good articles
+ Windows XP SP 3, Ubuntu Training material and Digit and Fast track in PDF

Negative

- Not at all worth the price tag of Rs.200/-
- NO DVD case for the DVDs
- Filled with movies that no one would bother to watch
- Bulky packing of newsstand copies

The Calculation

Regular Issue – Around 150 Pages
Special Issue – 136 pages

Regular Issue – more articles less ads as compared to Special issue
Special Issue – more ads than regular issue, less contents

Regular Issue – One Fast Track with around 180 to 200 pages
Special Issue – Six 20 page fast tracks with ads (A4 size), in color, can be considered equal to one regular fast track only, because of the quantity of contents

Regular Issue – One Dual Layer DVD + One CD + DVD Case + DVD Inlay Card
Special Issue – Two DL DVDs only

In short, if we see, we have not got anything extra for the Rs.75/- we have paid extra for the magazine except the long wait.
GOOD REVIEW..
one thing..ubuntu dvd should be given...
why they have given cd iso i do not understand..
it is already send to me by cannonical ltd.
so no use of it..
i was expecting the dvd version..
the linux games are good collection..thanks for that..
otherwise very ordinary content in dvd s except xp sp3..
the chip already given 2 dual layer dvds and one ubuntu dvd at the price of 150 rs..
but digit in the special issue given only 2 dvds..at 200 rs!!!!!!!!!
contents of the magazine is well thought out but not well composed,,specially the JUMBO fast tracks..!!!Are they really JUMBO???
but as for the view of a regular reader of ur magazine i ll read ur stories and techs..but if it ll continue to downfall(the QUALITY) like this way as it is in this issue then i ve to think if i ll continue or not!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Digit still not available in Dadar, Mumbai.
I finally purchased Chip yesterday & am Happy with it. :)
Digit you are on a verge of losing a customer, better improve.

angry

Right off the assembly line
well atlast
its a releaf

that digit guys responded
i had totally lost faith in them....

well raaabo i m not a liar.

and just want to bring this to ur notice that i m Shubham.........
and
i know u have disabled my account and i also know the reason why but frankly speakong i just did al that get attention.

i love ur magazine and will never buy any other magazine but u see i couldn't control my anger..

i m sorry to all digit guys for what i have done

P

paranj

^^spammer! go become a celebrity if u like getting attention of ppl

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I've said this before, I'll say this again: try to include more l33tish content. It's not the DVD/CDs that matter, it's the mag contents. Ads are OK with most of us ol' digit fans :cool: .
I'll go as far as saying that this is the best issue this year!(though nowhere near digit's past glory) Anyway, Good Job, Team Digit!:)

Oh, and the guy at the magazine stall told me that the publication of Skoar! has been stopped by 9.9 Mediaworx! He's losing it, isn't he? Or is he right? I haven't seen a copy of Skoar! this year.

DigitDonz

Broken In
I have seen the Chip website their contents are good, but I haven't read Chip before.., will the mag contents good, I saw the DVD contents are great., What's the price any idea ?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^^ Chip is for Rs.150.
I found Chip articles to be very easy to follow as they have lots of screenshots to aid. Digit should include screenshots too. But quality wise Digit writers are ahead than Chip.

utsav

damn busy...
Mag still not available at Jhansi U.P .shopkeeper told me agle mahine aana aur le jana. :shock: tab tak aa jayegi :mad: :( :p

toofan

Technomancer
I had gone through the digit but I haven't bought it. My friend bring it from Delhi. As this mag in not yet available.
My conclusions

1. I save Rs. 50.00 as I bought Chip for 150.00 only. I my friend has a loss of Rs 200.00 as there was nothing special about this "special issue".

2. There is no Q&A in this edition this month.
3. No fast track. They call some 12 pages stapled together a Jumbo Fast Track. Believe me these are not fast tracks. Only their way of fooling us .to add some "ads" and not to provide some useful content.

4. These Jumbo fast tracks are only cheap buying guides with no brands or models suggested. These are their old articles which they publish with their shoot outs and in their December Issues.

5. Magzine content is 80% useless. NO Q&A I said no Q$A .

6. Pages in this june issue are same as their ordinary issue but this time they dedicated more pages to ads.

7. Ads. are superb. If you want to see good ads content then please buy this mag.:D

8. Tech Careers is good. Features|Insight is Ok. but may be useless for many.

9. page 73 to 103 are dedicated to the wi fi router and laptops shootouts. After that some pages of Bazzar .

10. Ask agent 001 is good as always. Then their is workshop. Good one. Then game reviews and The magzine ends.

11. At starting this time they have the letters from us. One reveals a shocking truth for digit team which we all of us know.

12. Total Pages 134.

So who haven't wasted their money pleas save it and buy chip or pc world.

And dear Raboo we want our old Fast track back. And please dont play this trick again as u played with the december issue. There You broke ur magazine in different parts and inserted ads in their cover pages. Same you did here .What is the use of such tricks to fool us actually you food yourself. These pages cann't be called a fast track. You know this yourself I think.

take care. And "humko hamari purani digit lautado please."

Vimal Joshi

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
I had gone through the digit but I haven't bought it. My friend bring it from Delhi. As this mag in not yet available.
My conclusions

1. I save Rs. 50.00 as I bought Chip for 150.00 only. I my friend has a loss of Rs 200.00 as there was nothing special about this "special issue".

2. There is no Q&A in this edition this month.
3. No fast track. They call some 12 pages stapled together a Jumbo Fast Track. Believe me these are not fast tracks. Only their way of fooling us .to add some "ads" and not to provide some useful content.

4. These Jumbo fast tracks are only cheap buying guides with no brands or models suggested. These are their old articles which they publish with their shoot outs and in their December Issues.

5. Magzine content is 80% useless. NO Q&A I said no Q$A .

6. Pages in this june issue are same as their ordinary issue but this time they dedicated more pages to ads.

7. Ads. are superb. If you want to see good ads content then please buy this mag.:D

8. Tech Careers is good. Features|Insight is Ok. but may be useless for many.

9. page 73 to 103 are dedicated to the wi fi router and laptops shootouts. After that some pages of Bazzar .

10. Ask agent 001 is good as always. Then their is workshop. Good one. Then game reviews and The magzine ends.

11. At starting this time they have the letters from us. One reveals a shocking truth for digit team which we all of us know.

12. Total Pages 134.

So who haven't wasted their money pleas save it and buy chip or pc world.

And dear Raboo we want our old Fast track back. And please dont play this trick again as u played with the december issue. There You broke ur magazine in different parts and inserted ads in their cover pages. Same you did here .What is the use of such tricks to fool us actually you food yourself. These pages cann't be called a fast track. You know this yourself I think.

take care. And "humko hamari purani digit lautado please."

Vimal Joshi

Thanks.. You are saved my hardearned cash.... But i already thought about the mag contents. when they called "JUMO FAST TRACT"...

"Total 134 Pages " - Hooooops...

Hello Mr. xx 9.9 Media, your reader are not childrens.. remember it. If you wont consider our reviews, simply, discontinue to publish the mag and return the subcibced amount to the customers..

Last edited:

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
Team Digit,
I really do not how many copies have u have printed for this month and if possible pls do me a favour. Pls let me know if guys have sent any copies to Visakhapatnam. Frm last Sat I am going to the Bookshops for this Mag and the Book keeper say "it will come tomorrow" and I am really sick to listen this. Pls tell me if u have sen any copies here.
Day by day getting frustrated that I can get the copy that I ws eagrerly waiting for. Pls tell me how long it will take for your mag to reach here. I am asking u this because all the Shop guys even do not know abt it. Pls pls dont make us sad. I hope u can understand us better. Its June 13th Digit it not still available in the news stands unbeliable!!! This is why I am asking u if u have sent any copies here.

God bless Digit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom