[Preview + Feedback] - Digit April 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
The disc contents looks a bit stale. There isn't anything worth interesting. The contents are good for a first buyer but anybody who has been a regular buyer of Digit or even bought it for a couple of months will have these softwares. For them these are useless. This isn't new actually. Almost every month there are tons of s/w in the mag that nobody uses are everybody has it. I think the DVD contents need a major overhaul.

D

dfordigit

fatbeing monday has passed away, still are u at home?
take a crack?

g_goyal2000

Youngling
emailaatif786 said:
But my request for Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 for X86 Systems has NOT been seen....
That's cos it was released in mid-March. By that time, the cd/dvd contents must have been finalized & sent for replication.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
the case mod article is amazing.....how come digit does not include full versions of older "abandonware " games, like SKOAR

blackpearl

The Devil
This month's Chip DVD contents were very good. Had a perfect balance between softwares, games and linux. I thought you might like to see. I expect something similar from Digit.

metric

Broken In
Excellent Fast Track (-Eng.)

Cheers to Team Digit,
What an assistive Fast Track, I'm really grateful to team Digit who collated such useful sites and complied a Fast Track of that sites for us. It would take months for any student in finding required info. at net, Imagine how utile will be the Fast Track.
Can I ask you a question ?, Its really great that you guys have mentioned sites on most of the topics a student would ever require. Team Digit, hope you guys are aware that English (both written and spoken) is one such subject which can't be ingnored, Pls. can you devote a side of a page in your magazine listing some of the most useful sites on the subject of English(both written and spoken)in your forthcoming issue,would be very much thankful to you if by any means you could give us the needed info. as you had given for many other subject.
I hope you won't ignore the request, as each one of us who read Digit knows, readers requests are as significant for Digit, as Digit is for its readers

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Re: Excellent Fast Track (-Eng.)

metric said:
Cheers to Team Digit,
What an assistive Fast Track, I'm really grateful to team Digit who collated such useful sites and complied a Fast Track of that sites for us. It would take months for any student in finding required info. at net, Imagine how utile will be the Fast Track.
Can I ask you a question ?, Its really great that you guys have mentioned sites on most of the topics a student would ever require. Team Digit, hope you guys are aware that English (both written and spoken) is one such subject which can't be ingnored, Pls. can you devote a side of a page in your magazine listing some of the most useful sites on the subject of English(both written and spoken)in your forthcoming issue,would be very much thankful to you if by any means you could give us the needed info. as you had given for many other subject.
I hope you won't ignore the request, as each one of us who read Digit knows, readers requests are as significant for Digit, as Digit is for its readers

+1 for the fast track

g_goyal2000

Youngling
blackpearl said:
The disc contents looks a bit stale. There isn't anything worth interesting. The contents are good for a first buyer but anybody who has been a regular buyer of Digit or even bought it for a couple of months will have these softwares. For them these are useless. This isn't new actually. Almost every month there are tons of s/w in the mag that nobody uses or everybody has it. I think the DVD contents need a major overhaul.
I pretty much agree with u. I also think they need to do a major overhaul of CD/DVD contents. Initially, they used to give out wallpapers, skins, screensavers, MP3's, etc which did make spending our bucks worth it. But now, all u get is useless softwares. If they do decide to give out u'r demanded softwares (which is rare), they're outdated.
And the small games they give out, just don't talk about them. Most of them are flash ones and absolutely useless. Whatever happenned to small games from Gamehouse or Popcap Games or Big Fish Games or Reflexive, etc. They introduce so many interesting games almost daily. They may not be free but play time of an hour offered by them is still better than nothing or those crapy flash games from miniclip (or whatever it is).
Demos of Big games are OK.

blackpearl

The Devil
g_goyal2000 said:
Demos of Big games are OK.

But they don't even give those. Just 2 in average. Games are the only ones that have variety, not those small softwares. Afterall, how many s/ws does a person need?

g_goyal2000

Youngling
blackpearl said:
But they don't even give those. Just 2 in average. Games are the only ones that have variety, not those small softwares. Afterall, how many s/ws does a person need?
Actually, they do give out demos of big games whenever there is one available. Take for instance this month's issue. They have given C&C 3 demo. Man, I wanted to try the game before buying it. Yesterday, I played & it was awesome. I'm gonna go this week & buy me a copy.
But they do need to give out demos of games most sought after/awaited, not of the ones no one has never heard of. For instance, they never gave out demo of Rise Of Nations: Rise of Legends which was released last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom