pppoe connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishnehete

RiGhT HeRe RiGhT nOw
I am currently using a PPPoe dailup connection on my laptop
the guy came and instaled it on my laptop but i now i want the connection on my pc i instalted the drivers and set up a connection entering the username and password but on my lappy it accepts but on my pc it denies
the guys will charge me to much so
HELP guys i am tired of trying heck lot of things
He has a lan distribution block in my building which is also connected to a router i think so:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pat

Beyond Smart
You need to change the mac address of your lan card on your pc ! See wats the mac addr of lan card on your laptop and use the same in your pc! It will work without any issues then :) Currently doing the same on my PPPoE connection!

OP
ashishnehete

ashishnehete

RiGhT HeRe RiGhT nOw
please could u explian me in little detail how to do it ?
Where to get the MAC address and how to put it on my pc
my laptop uses vista & pc uses XP

is there any way of incresing the speed
i have a 64 kbps speed connection due my dad dint agree paying more than 500 bucks to me for internet

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I am currently using a PPPoe dailup connection on my laptop
the guy came and instaled it on my laptop but i now i want the connection on my pc i instalted the drivers and set up a connection entering the username and password but on my lappy it accepts but on my pc it denies
the guys will charge me to much so
HELP guys i am tired of trying heck lot of things
He has a lan distribution block in my building which is also connected to a router i think so:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
are you on DSL broadband connection??

is there any way of incresing the speed
i have a 64 kbps speed connection due my dad dint agree paying more than 500 bucks to me for internet

There is no way to get more than 64 Kbps speed on a 64 Kbps plan.Only way is change plan :p

Last edited:
OP
ashishnehete

ashishnehete

RiGhT HeRe RiGhT nOw
It means U are on wire connection.
I think this will help you.
*www.e-wire.net.au/support/pdf/pppoexp.pdf
All these things are already done in my pc as well as in my laptop
but the Net guy installed it on my laptop he said it will not work on my pc
to make it work he said it will need more 500 bucks
i want the connection that is on my laptop to make it functional on my pc
I was said by uncle that some MAC address is locked on ur laptop u need to put it on ur pc to but how i dont know so help me with it please guys

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Yea..its surely the Mac address which is locked up at server..Heres how to do it:

On your laptop:
run "cmd"
and
execute "ipconfig /all"
see the physical address of your ethernet adapter (on which pppoe conection works)

It should be something like XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
Keep this in mind (or write it down somewhere :p )

On your pc:
Goto Network Connections -> Right Click on your LAN Connection (on which pppoe works) -> Properties -> Configure -> Advanced -> Network Address

It is by default "Not Present"..Click on Value and put the value you got from your laptop without the hyphens (i.e XXXXXXXXXXXX)

Prolly you should restart your comp and now when you connect, it works like a charm :)

slugger

Banned
strange!!!???

der shud have been a category called Physical Address in ur ipconfig report which is essentially ur MAC address

u sure der is nothin else in d report

also was u internet runnin wehn u ran d ipconfig command [not sure if it wud make any difference but still]

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
You will have to ask the cable operator or ISP to release the MAC binding so that your LAN IP and username can be coupled with another MAC.

MAC is like fingerprint of hardware. It will help unauthorized access of your internet connection.

OP
ashishnehete

ashishnehete

RiGhT HeRe RiGhT nOw
i got the physical address just wait a sec i will reply to u let me connect to my pc
soory it was just my fault

i changed the address but it is still saying invalid username and password

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom