Powercolor or Sapphire

OP
S

sunny155

Broken In
^^ congrats - post the pics once you get the card.

Thanks! Ofc! I will post it!
I also upgraded my PSU to Corsair GS 600 a month ago.

btw....I NEFTed the money on 11th, I havent got the payment confirmation yet :(

called them like 3 times! they said it takes 24-48 hrs for confirmation but this is more than 48 hrs now!!! Called them again they said net is down and told me not to worry.

lets see...

Just got the confirmation email!
Now Waiting for the card!!!!
Next week will be my GAMING CARNIVAL :)
I have lots of game waiting to be played.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but you missed The Way it's meant to be played :p

nonetheless wish you a happy gaming time with the spanking new HD6850.

OP
S

sunny155

Broken In
@Topgear - Thanks!

@hdknitro - congrats!

My card havent even shipped. Payment itself got confirmed on saturday. They said they will ship this evening.

OP
S

sunny155

Broken In
They lied to me...they didnt had it in stock but promised they have it.
Payment got confirmed on last saturday and they still dont havent shipped it because they dont have it in possession. This is really pissing me off.
Called them like 5 times he always give me next 2 days time saying that they are trying to get the cards cleared from Customs.

Beware of them before ordering!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
unethical and immoral business practice ! they should have inform you before reeving/confirming the payment.

That's why I prefer buying from local shops ( though it has it's own limitation and drawbacks ) - you pay in one hand and get your product on other hand - simple deal.

BTW, hope you get your gfx card soon.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Yups its true if you are living in cities like 1 of the metros or like B'lore/Hyderabad where products of almost all brands are readily available(even if they don't have it they can get it) but if you live in a Godforsaken place like mine then online stores are your best source.The other day me & my cousin went to look for a GPU for around 8k(so 5770 was the best choice).Most of the shop-guys hadn't heard of Sapphire!!Can you frigging believe it?:C_surprised:..Very few dealt with MSI.The thing that pissed me the most was the below par cards they had in their store.In quite a few shops when we asked for ATI Radeon GPU the guy would promptly take out XFX's 4650 from the shelves.It was so frigging annoying!Finally after around 2 hours of searching we gave up & I suggested him to buy from SMC.This is the sad story of guys like me living in Godforsaken places like my city!:banghead:

ssb1551

Technomancer
"And what's that city, if u don't mind asking.."WAT!!I think you meant to type : "And what's that city, if u don't mind me asking..".And of course I don't!
I live in Bhubaneswar.

OP
S

sunny155

Broken In
^^Yups its true if you are living in cities like 1 of the metros or like B'lore/Hyderabad where products of almost all brands are readily available(even if they don't have it they can get it) but if you live in a Godforsaken place like mine then online stores are your best source.The other day me & my cousin went to look for a GPU for around 8k(so 5770 was the best choice).Most of the shop-guys hadn't heard of Sapphire!!Can you frigging believe it?:C_surprised:..Very few dealt with MSI.The thing that pissed me the most was the below par cards they had in their store.In quite a few shops when we asked for ATI Radeon GPU the guy would promptly take out XFX's 4650 from the shelves.It was so frigging annoying!Finally after around 2 hours of searching we gave up & I suggested him to buy from SMC.This is the sad story of guys like me living in Godforsaken places like my city!:banghead:

:( I have a very similar story...I live in Raipur.

abt my card..
Talked to my vendor in the morning today...he said he got it last night and will be shipping it today evening....now i am waiting for tracking number email...

unethical and immoral business practice ! they should have inform you before reeving/confirming the payment.

That's why I prefer buying from local shops ( though it has it's own limitation and drawbacks ) - you pay in one hand and get your product on other hand - simple deal.

BTW, hope you get your gfx card soon.

Yes, Ofc I confirmed it 100% before buying and he said he have it in stock. I ordered it instantly on 11th Nov Thursday. They confirmed the NEFT payment on Saturday.
I called them on Monday evening if they shipped it the guy said that it might got shipped and told me to wait till Tuesday for confirmation. I called them again on Tuesday evening this time he said different story that those cards were booked ones so they have been sent already. I said i called them before ordering so its not my problem than he said my payment got confirmed after 2 days of order till than those cards were sold away. Than he said the new shipment will come tomorrow (Wednesday 17th nov). I talked to Anuj same day and this time he said that the cards are held by the custom and will take 2 days for clearing Thursday and Friday (Moharram) and assured me that he will get the card 100% this week and I will be having it on Monday (22nd Nov). I called him on Friday evening about how things going he said same that they havent got cleared and there was Moharram holiday too so it will be cleared on Saturday or Sunday positively. He also said that there are 5 cards lying with the customs and all are booked.

Talked to my vendor in the morning today (monday)...he said he got it last night and will be shipping it today evening....now i am waiting for tracking number email...

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's really hard to find desired components from good brands in small cities but Kolkata though it's a metro city also has very limited number of hardware vendors.

The market is flooded with XFX products - you can get high end to low end gpus but both distributors sucks when it comes to after sales service.

Sapphire though has direct distributor - it's very hard to find Sapphire products and not many shop stock them and the distributor will only honor local warranty.

So is the case with MSI and Zotac and EVGA is very rare to find.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ congrats and thanks for the Nice pic - the ancestor looks like a kid to this one :p

Top Bottom