----->>>>>Power Supply, Monitor Help!!!

Artemis

The Last Puff
Need to buy a Power Supply for my PC, decided on a FSP 350w but its not available here, so please recommend me another for not more than 1500Rs.

Please reply fast. Also Samsung B2230 is quoted for 8900Rs. Is that too much?

Any other monitors within 22” that support HD, and are good too?

Thanks.

---------------------------

EDIT : I’m getting the AOC 2236Vw for 7700, No G2220HD or B2230 available. Need to know how well the AOC performs?

Also as I cant get my hands on the FSP PSU, I’ll be going with the CM Xtreme 350w for my rig thats as follows. Will it be enough?

Athlon X3 435
Gigabyte GA 880GM UD2H
Corsair 2 GB DDR3
LG H55N
Seagate 500GB
CM Xtreme 350w

Own the CM Elite 310.

My main questions are

1. What main problems do the CM PSU have other than the lower efficiency? because I think its better than buying Iball or Zebronics rite?

2. Will my rig be able to handle HD movies smoothly?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need to buy a Power Supply for my PC, decided on a FSP 350w but its not available here, so please recommend me another for not more than 1500Rs.
Order online then. I really can't think of anything cheaper and better in that budget.

Gollum

Collector
People with less options and some who don't care much do. I used to do the same and my pc suffered, but not anymore.

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
Oh people, I need to but it by tomorrow itself, am leaving for Bangalore, and I’m buying it for my place in A’bad, so please help? I checked online, Gigabyte or anything, nothing in 350w? Any other options?

I’m concerned about it, that’s why I need a good one, and add 500+ to the prices quoted here, so limited budget here.

What is the problem with CM PSU’s? why do people seem to hate them? Any fault or overpriced or short life? Or just a one-off incident experienced by a high-post user?

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Cooler master extreme series have an efficiency of 70% thats why its not so good. Other psu's from cooler master are expensive. The cheapest psu from corsair is cx400 which costs 2.7k.
A good psu will keep your precious pc healthy for at least as long as its warranty.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Please reply fast. Also Samsung B2230 is quoted for 8900Rs. Is that too much?

Any other monitors within 22” that support HD, and are good too?

Thanks.

Regarding your monitor query, get BenQ G2220HD 22" Full HD (max resolution 1920X1080) monitor @ 7.5k. It is the best monitor at budget and performs better than some of the bigger brands with the price range.

I think, then you can save almost 1.5K for monitor and invest it to PSU.

And if your budget is 2K for PSU, then get Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
Please read first post for an EDIT!! Please reply, Diwali’s coming up, shops are shutting down..Need to act fast!!

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
Thanks man, but I got it checked, only CM 350w is available for 1700Rs.

Is it that bad that I should opt for VIP over the CM? I’m really tight on budget and cant overshoot anymore. My dad doesnt see the point of buying this “expensive” PSU when cheaper ones for 300-400 are available.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
No personal experience regarding cm but from what ive read in the forums people advice against it..but considering your budget u don't have much choice..so go for the cm and maybe it isnt so bad as been talked about.

And cm will be better than vip owing to the fact that cm is a bigger player in the computer peripherals..

Piyush

Lanaya
@OP
ur safe bet is gigabyte 460W @ 2k
as clius pointed out that u can save 1k or so while buying monitor

OP
Artemis

Artemis

The Last Puff
Yes but considering I’ll be getting it for around 2700, I guess I’ll take my chances with the CM one! will post if it doesnt turn out to be that bad.

Top Bottom