Post your Speedtest results

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Finally switched over to ALLIANCE CABLE BROADBAND Kolkata,

Dumped BSNL BBG COMBO TR@SH PLANS.

I took the PRIME+ unlimited plan of Alliance.

Tariff : Rs.750/-(per month INCLUSIVE OF ALL TAXES)

Speed Test:--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/6224498731.png

kg11sgbg

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION], and others also,what the hell is going on???!!!

*www.speedtest.net/result/6230288317.png

Where from has "South Kolkata Broadband Services" came to be my ISP?????????????????????

Also,
[h=1]South Kolkata Broadband Services Pvt[/h] Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is 'South Kolkata Broadband Services Pvt'. In some cases an ISP uses the network of another ISP, in this case your actual ISP can often be found in the hostname. An ISP is an organization that provides internet access to its subscribers, usually at a monthly or yearly fee. Many ISPs provide additional services, such as web hosting or email.
[h=2]Hostname[/h] The hostname of your internet connection is 'node-150-129-103-226.alliancebroadband.in'.

I just can't get the way Cable Broadband functions.

Please throw some light ,Friends.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cable broadband is not always provided by a single entity.In many cases it is a coalition of various cable operators working under a single brand name(e.g.Alliance Broadband). So in your case ,South Kolkata Broadband is providing you services using Alliance Broadband's brand name/infrastructure. Speedtest servers sometimes detect the original/actual service provider & hence the name displayed changes.

kg11sgbg

But now my Friend [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] this is what it should be actually for my relaxed mind,
*www.speedtest.net/result/6231882350.png

In above cases(comment #1524),does security + privacy gets compromised?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always use https connection for banking/online transactions(enabled by default anyway) & for other sites too(if they support it).As for privacy,I doubt small Indian ISPs have the necessary technical knowledge & expertise to snoop on user connection beyond maintaining a simple log of IPs of websites visited(which they are required to do so by law).

kg11sgbg

Always use https connection for banking/online transactions(enabled by default anyway) & for other sites too(if they support it).As for privacy,I doubt small Indian ISPs have the necessary technical knowledge & expertise to snoop on user connection beyond maintaining a simple log of IPs of websites visited(which they are required to do so by law).

That is the point,Friend which you elaborated.

At least whatever cr@p might be BSNL,but as it is Govt. owned(undertaking),there was a feelings of respite as if being under an umbrella.

kg11sgbg

Even small ISPs are fine in India.Your data is as safe with them as with BSNL(which isn't a compliment btw).
Ohh! Thanks for the assurance,Friend.
Latest screen shot as of now :--->

*www.speedtest.net/result/6233663193.png

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot of my Jio connection:--

*www.speedtest.net/result/6235564781.png

- - - Updated - - -

Very Good work ALLIANCE BROADBAND , at least they are committed in fulfilling about their claimed bandwidth to the customers.

Within Happy Hours 01:00a.m. to 08:00a.m.,this is the speed:--->

*www.speedtest.net/result/6237733615.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Excitel increased the speed on the lowest tier plan. Earlier I was faster than 93% of India. Now I am faster than 96% :D

*www.speedtest.net/result/6257786348.png

They increased to 40 mbps tho, I am getting 30. Still more than what I signed up for. :doublethumb:

Akr706

Right off the assembly line
*www.speedtest.net/result/6269052307.png
Siticable, 20 Mbps plan. The upload speed sucks, but download speed is always stable whether it is day or night. I play a lot of CSGO, no packet loss ever.

kg11sgbg

Well this is the speed of ALLIANCE BB as of now :--->

*beta.speedtest.net/result/6270373425.png
I am greatly satisfied!!!

Though Alliance currently is sharing with some "FUTAIN TRADING CO." as its ISP server.

kg11sgbg

According to Alliance Broadband PRIME+ Plan(Rs.750/- p.m.) ,I am fully satisfied with their PROMISED/COMMITTED no FUP network bandwidth,unlike BSNL who has a cr@ppy FUP and unstable speeds,without any sort of commitment. Leave alone promise,which they would never ever perform in action.

*www.speedtest.net/result/6296030787.png

kg11sgbg

Wondering what happened to commitment and promises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*www.speedtest.net/result/6308677561.png

Top Bottom