Post your latest Purchase

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
Re: Post what you purchased.

janitha said:
I don't understand why anybody should keep the UPS or any other E/M emitting device away from a TFT. If it is a CRT, it is very relevant.

:D i also donot understand this but if UPS is near TFT the TFT gets lines on display some kind of disturbance goes away when UPS is kept well out of range........:)

I bought a COOLER MASTER ULTRA VORTEX HSF .... For rs 2300/-
(Pros: Heat Sink is copper and installation is easy......)
cons:-:sad: Incompatible with my board and dealer won't take it back:mad:

vivek404

Broken In

Quote "I bought a COOLER MASTER ULTRA VORTEX HSF .... For rs 2300/-
cons:- Incompatible with my board and dealer won't take it back" Unquote

The HSF is compatible with AMD K8 (socket 754 / 939 / 940) and Intel P4 (socket 478 ) motherboards. which one is yours?

janitha

Wise Old Owl

vivek404 said:

The HSF is compatible with AMD K8 (socket 754 / 939 / 940) and Intel P4 (socket 478 ) motherboards. which one is yours?

What I feel is that you should have verified whether it is compatible with your MB. It should have been possible online. Not knowing about your MB t is not possible to comment further. But you may visit the following link.
*www.silentpcreview.com/article192-page4.html

saurav29

vivek404 said:

Its eSys P4M478/800 the capacitors are small and in the way of the clamps of Heat sink :mad:
:eek:Hmmmm.... AMD plz Suggest a cpu and motherboard combo Anyone .... I will dump the P4 and buy AMD ......... Price no restrains suggest the very best one..........:D
Thanks
Peace
Raj

viki

Right off the assembly line

Well, I purchased a

XFX Geforce AGP 6800 128MB card,

wanted a 256MB but got goofed up :(

vivek404

Broken In

saurav29 said:
Its eSys P4M478/800 the capacitors are small and in the way of the clamps of Heat sink :mad:
:eek:Hmmmm.... AMD plz Suggest a cpu and motherboard combo Anyone .... I will dump the P4 and buy AMD ......... Price no restrains suggest the very best one..........:D
Thanks
Peace
Raj

what mthbrd is that? Google does give any results for eSys P4M478/800

saurav29

vivek404 said:
what mthbrd is that? Google does give any results for eSys P4M478/800

:confused:what can i say it is a branded eSys system... The motherboard says this only its Via Chipset if it helps....... try :oops: oops my mistake its P4M800/478 link
moz-screenshot.jpg
*www.esysmb.com/viap4m800478.html

:confused:why did you need motherboard name for i said its incompatible with it the installation is very simple.. the plate goes at the back of the motherboard.... there are six mounting pods... the middle ones are the problem side ones i can improvise a bit.... then screw comes from below the motherboard ........tighten the screws you done.... if you refer to the picture of motherboard there is a row of small capacitors just north of mpga the protuding mounting pods are obstructed by them.......

i tried finding a bit about HSF i learnt that HSF is compatible with intel original motherboards like 865 GBF and 865 PERL and 865 PERT but since finding these motherboards is another task not happenning thing as these motherboards have been discontinued for over 2 years now ...... I think either get rid of the cpu as my original intel fan is now running are very low rpms and i am not able to find a suitable HSF as the one that comes in the name of orginal HSF and cost around 800 bucks in mumbai also cannot control the temperature i think they are not genuine...:sad:

peace
raj

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

Purchased date: 21/02/2007
Item:
1) Corsair Value Select 2GB (1GB*2) DDR 400MHz -> Rs.9400 + vat
2) Seagate 160GB SATA2 -> Rs. 2650 + vat
3) Sony DVD Writer DRU-820A - Rs. 1950 + vat

All the stuffs are working fine without any problem.

vivek404

Broken In

@ saurav29, sent u a PM, am interested in purchasing the COOLER MASTER ULTRA VORTEX HSF if u care to sell it.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

hey john tried OC'ing the ram yet? what did u get it for, new system or updating old one.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

Hey rohit......nahi bhai, no new system just an upgrade for my existing one. Using mem divider, it is at 400MHz now (my X2 3800+ @ 2.4GHz).........will let you know how much it does.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz

1. Purchase date: 08 JAN 2007
2. Hardware purchased with price: Transcend 2GB (2x1GB) DDR Jet Ram 400Mhz (exchanged my 1GB, 512x2, Dynet RAM and got 2000/-) for Rs.6000/-
3. Place/retailer details and address: Bitsy Pvt Ltd, opp Indraprasth Shopping Mall, Borivli West
4. City of Purchase: Mumbai
5. What other products you considered.(If possible, why you selected the current product.) Dynet 2GB (2x1GB)...although Dynet is much cheaper it only comes with 1 year Warranty whereas Transcend is giving Lifetime Warranty.
6. Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase: No problems whatsoever..if anyone is planning on purchasing DDR 400Mhz RAM go for Transcend Jet Ram, it's good with a fantastic Warranty.

crookbond

Broken In

Purchase Date : - 21/02/07

Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz - 9300
Intel 965 RY - 6200
RAM Kingston 512x2 667Mhz - 4000
Seagate 160 GB - 2550
Zebronics London Cabinet - 950
Transcend 2 GB Pen Drive - 750

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

On 20-02-2007

One 512 MB, DDR 333MHz RAM for Rs. 2175 + 4% VAT = Rs. 2262

Sevi Computers
22,Profulla Sarkar St.,1st Floor, Oppsite Dinar Hotel
Chadni Cholk, Kol-72

amitava82

MMO Addict

on 25-02-2007

Sony ericsson K310i = Rs. 4450/- including taxes (local cellphone store :) )
Philips SHP2500 TV Headphone = Rs.745/- including tax (Music World)

Bangalore

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

@crookbond
transcend 2Gb reduced to 750/- that's splendid, where'd u get it from.

@topgear
why on earth would u buy 333Mhz ram

and someone quote me prices for ASUS P5B and Gigabye DS3, kolkata

sudhix

Broken In

Transcend 2GB Pen Drive V30 = Rs 900
:Bangalore
:No issues
Hauppauge WinTv Go = $50
:Compusa store, Usa
:NTSC Tuner, hence b/w pic

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner

topgear said:
^^ coz I have another one on my 845GL Mobo
yeah but just buy a DDR400 and use it as 333, there's hardly a rs. 100/- difference, but in future atleast if there is a need, u can use it as 400, or sell it.

AMD 3600+ (AM2) with ASUS M2NPV-VM M/B, Chipset-Nvidia 6150 With Dual VGA (DVI and RGB), HDTV out, HD sound and gigabit LAN
Price=9100

Zebronics Cabinet (SHIVAJI)
Price=1250

Kingston 512 DDR2 667 Mhz @ 1950

Hitachi 160GB Sata @ 2480

Sony DVD R/W (OEM) @ 1650

All bought on 2nd March 2007 from Nehru Place Delhi.