Post your latest Purchase

Did you try rclone? You can mount a folder in your system for it.
What do you mean mount a folder in system?

You can keep Onedrive folder in a different drive, problem is files inside it doesn't work very smoothly when I tried it. Random issues at times. Maybe keeping it in SSD will help, but I don't want to commit my SSD to saving docs & pics totalling about 100GB+.

Microsoft is not that refined like google. I used to save data on HDDs back in the day, all my hdds eventually died (last one few months ago) I guess data is more secure with external or even internal ssds as they are a lot more robust with no mechanical parts.
HDDs have easily lasted me for 6-8 years. I keep 2 copies, so fine for now. SSD prices are surely falling down but alas my PC supports just 2 NVMe.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
HDDs have easily lasted me for 6-8 years. I keep 2 copies, so fine for now. SSD prices are surely falling down but alas my PC supports just 2 NVMe.
For me too, but they eventually die. SSDS (not nvmes) can be connected to SATA ports. They should get dirt cheap soon.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
What do you mean mount a folder in system?

You can keep Onedrive folder in a different drive, problem is files inside it doesn't work very smoothly when I tried it. Random issues at times. Maybe keeping it in SSD will help, but I don't want to commit my SSD to saving docs & pics totalling about 100GB+.

I meant you can mount your drive inside any drive folder of your choice. It will be easy to navigate that way (atleast smoother than one drive folder)

**rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/#...files * rclone mount,the remote name and path.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Easy - high cost.

You can argue that Onedrive's 1TB in family plan at 1k per year is pretty good, but my problem with Onedrive is its sync capabilities. I can't select few folders on my PC to sync with cloud continuously, instead you are supposed to keep everything inside a Onedrive folder. That might have been fine but it sometimes causes the folder to have some issues with file overwrite & all.

Google drive on the other hand works flawlessly. But is expensive.

For reference, I used GDrive between 2017-19 & O365 between 2020-21. Now I just keep my files on desktop's HDD with ext HDD taking a daily backup of folders I selected (set it up using Windows Backup & Restore).
Can you explain more about the bold part? So you are keeping your HDD connected to your PC or its connected to your modem and you are using some kind of FTP in same network?

Can you explain more about the bold part? So you are keeping your HDD connected to your PC or its connected to your modem and you are using some kind of FTP in same network?
support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/backup-and-restore-in-windows-352091d2-bb9d-3ea3-ed18-52ef2b88cbef

Ext HDD remains connected to PC via USB

Killing Machine
Purchased Diablo IV: Ultimate Edition

Link: us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo-iv

Diablo4UltimateEdition_PreOrder.jpg

Add me on Battle.net - DeViL#6644
Upcoming open beta (game purchase not required): 24-March 9AM PDT to 27-March 12PM PDT

See you all at the Sanctuary! :smile:

bubusam13

Human
I got this one "BX1100C-IN" from estorewale.com for Rs 6296. Though I wanted to get "BVX1200LI-IN" local stores were quoting it around Rs 10,000. Same goes for online stores with delivery delays. I assume, the UPS came fully charged. I plugged it for 10 mins and the charging indicator went off.

I can now play Hogwarts with the highest settings :)
1678546352462.png

Attachments

• IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
I got this one "BX1100C-IN" from estorewale.com for Rs 6296. Though I wanted to get "BVX1200LI-IN" local stores were quoting it around Rs 10,000. Same goes for online stores with delivery delays. I assume, the UPS came fully charged. I plugged it for 10 mins and the charging indicator went off.

View attachment 22268
Why was Hogwarts Legacy's playability linked to UPS?

Never heard of the website used to purchase UPS. I bought it from amazon for under 6k with card offers.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

View attachment 22268
Were you having some voltage issue otherwise ?

bubusam13

Human
@omega44-xt *apc.estorewale.com/ is the official online store of APC India. They are selling in Amazon and Flipkart as well with a little bit bumped up price.
Why was Hogwarts Legacy's playability linked to UPS? >>> I have two 600VA UPS. When GPU load increases, none was not able to handle power requirement. So I had to turn off RayTracing and DLSS, and also reduce the quality. Now I am playing in Ultra setting. (I found NIS quality better than DLSS)

@Nerevarine Yes, as mentioned above with the previous UPS. Actually I have APC BX600 and iBall Nirantar. Even though APC is presumed better, the iBall handles the load much better.

@omega44-xt *apc.estorewale.com/ is the official online store of APC India. They are selling in Amazon and Flipkart as well with a little bit bumped up price.
Why was Hogwarts Legacy's playability linked to UPS? >>> I have two 600VA UPS. When GPU load increases, none was not able to handle power requirement. So I had to turn off RayTracing and DLSS, and also reduce the quality. Now I am playing in Ultra setting. (I found NIS quality better than DLSS)

@Nerevarine Yes, as mentioned above with the previous UPS. Actually I have APC BX600 and iBall Nirantar. Even though APC is presumed better, the iBall handles the load much better.
600VA is not meant to handle gaming rigs. It might be able to handle ones with weak GPUs, like <150W ones.

I don't use small website like those mainly because of shipping & returns. Amazon is faster + handles returns much better. If price difference isn't huge, I will pay the higher amount on amazon over flipkart.

I'm not using any upscaling, just rendering it natively for Hogwarts. I'm playing at 1440p med on my rig because of 1% low fps. My system can easily handle 1440p high, but in Hogsmeade & certain castle areas, fps tanks to below 50 at times which is annoying to me. At med, many times fps is over 100fps. Game needs a major performance improvement patch, else its great. Might just become Game of the Year.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I don't remember if non-tech items are welcome here or not. If not, I will remove this comment.
I bought binoculars for stargazing, SVBony SA204 10x50 from
*tejraj.com/product/svbony-10x50-porro-wp-binocular

*imgur.com/L6zOOTh

*imgur.com/GdGUmvO

Binoculars are recommended for beginners hence went for this instead of telescope. Please suggest some website which tells about upcoming sky events, like Jupiter and Venus were visible from Earth from naked eye just about 2 weeks back.

Also bought MS Office 2021 keys from @bubusam13 ! Finally I can edit docs without messing up the format, I was using Apache Open Office until now.

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
You may use *stellarium-web.org/ It also had a desktop app which I had installed a few years ago. Check if it's also available now.
Search for your location and select it. It will show you the real time sky map for that location.
You can search for stars and planets and find them on the map. If they are visible in night sky or on the other half of the globe where sun is present.
Align the orientation as per North South East West directions and you shall be good to go.
From the city sky only a handful of stars and planets are visible but if you go outskirts away from the city, you literally see the patch of the milky way in night sky.

I would be interested to know if at that magnification rings of Saturn (faint) and 4 prominent moons of Jupiter (4 dots besides the planet) are visible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom