Post your latest Purchase

insaneYLN

In the zone
Do we get USB 3.0 HUB as well like USB 2.0?

Yes, @ajayritik. I know of Anker that makes the said peripheral, USB 3.0 Hubs,Connectivity,Accessories|ANKER, but, in all likelihood, there should be other reliable manufacturers as well. Anker's authorised dealership partner for India is Yugadi, Warranty| Buy Anker Power Banks, Mobile Chargers Online| India.

.jRay.

Youngling
Ordered kaspersky internet security 2015 from flipkart for Rs.509 at 12:02am today and it was delivered at 10am.

This is by far the quickest delivery ive seen.

*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/27/695e47eccea48f493fa113a2c05ab1b5.jpg

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yes, @ajayritik. I know of Anker that makes the said peripheral, USB 3.0 Hubs,Connectivity,Accessories|ANKER, but, in all likelihood, there should be other reliable manufacturers as well. Anker's authorised dealership partner for India is Yugadi, Warranty| Buy Anker Power Banks, Mobile Chargers Online| India.

How much do these cost?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Do we get USB 3.0 HUB as well like USB 2.0?

This might sound silly, but do you really have a need to go USB 3.0 on a hub ?

You will see the performance benefit of only 1/2 of the USB 3.0 or lesser is you transfer data between two devices connected to the same hub (AFAIK). Paying 1k+ when a 100 rupee USB 2.0 hubs are available seems very genorous unless your needs justify it.

The only real use case I can see is of transferring data between two external HDDs. Or an HDD and a card reader. How often are you really going to do it anyways ? So often that you are willing to pay a 10x premium on the hub ?

ajayritik

Technomancer
This might sound silly, but do you really have a need to go USB 3.0 on a hub ?

You will see the performance benefit of only 1/2 of the USB 3.0 or lesser is you transfer data between two devices connected to the same hub (AFAIK). Paying 1k+ when a 100 rupee USB 2.0 hubs are available seems very genorous unless your needs justify it.

The only real use case I can see is of transferring data between two external HDDs. Or an HDD and a card reader. How often are you really going to do it anyways ? So often that you are willing to pay a 10x premium on the hub ?

I have USB 3.0 PCI card on the back and it's a pain everytime I try to connect my external HDD to copy movies etc to watch on my TV.

icebags

Technomancer
Any other options? They feel more like Diwali decoration lights.

there are plenty such things @ebay:

White 1 Meter LED Strip 12V Room Office Sign Board Decoration CAR SMD Stripe | eBay
CAR Bike LED Cuttable Strip Light 30cm 12V Green BW98 | eBay

ask the seller about how to drive them, before buying. they are normally driven by cc driver, but guess they saying u can connect it to 12V, optionally with a series resistance (longer life !).

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Bought a few items for the home replacement PC

Amd FX4300 @5650 (flipkart)..cheaper than local
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Mobo @5890 (fk)...cheaper too
WD 1TB Blue @4200 (fk)...not available locally
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 @2940 (md comp)
Corsair VS550W @2940 (do)
LG DVDRW @914 (do)
Delta Cabby [MENTION=251249]2000[/MENTION] (barrakpore), its nice, and serves the purpose.

My old GTX560Ti is supposed to run this rig.

AAAAND

Got a Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB @28350 from MD Computers for my 2600K rig :))

And a Dell S2240L @8788 (flipkart,much cheaper than local) to tax it with.

Cheers

To add to the new system, got
1. Logitech G400s mouse @1.85K
2. Razer Goliathus speed omega @0.57K

Got both from MD Computers, Kolkata. :)

BTW, does anybody have idea how to claim the nvidia bonus ubisoft game coupons that come with the GTX970?

Top Bottom