Post your latest Purchase

cyborg47

Technomancer
^Congos. :grin:
after having to play with that old card of yours after your msi gtx 460 burned out
Thanks. Yeah, sucks being stuck on an old card.

@Cyborg47; congrats on the big purchase :)
Congrats.you got a 1080p monitor?
Thanks guys.Yeah, the monitor's 1080p :)

Wowee congrats mate. That's a mammoth purchase.
Me a bit jealous.:)) :)
Thanks man :D It was supposed to be 660, but chose the 760 anyway, I'll probably stick with for another 3 or 4 years.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I am not rich but I am techno geek. I invest last of Saving on gadget. I like being around gadget.

Show middle finger to all who question and enjoy.

Great buy. Congrats. And i don't know what happened to other guys telling it's a waste of money. Eating pizza is a waste of money. Someone could have survived with daal chawal (nutritious also). Wearing expensive clothes is a waste of money. Someone could have survived with road side clothes. But you don't just eat pizza and buy expensive clothes coz it's a waste of money but to be happy, to savor the moment. Logic should not be applied everywhere. You had the money, you bought it. I don't think you have mortgaged your house, or your bike, or your car for those beauties. You are happy. That matters the most. So guys, have a great heart and appreciate.

Yo! Btw I was giving exactly same lecture to someone today. :p

Hrishi

Lol chillax guys , I am sure no one who said that it was a waste meant it seriously.
People are just having a bit of fun.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Indeed different people spend money on different things. My latest obsession is saving money :D. I have become a miser and loving it. I invest all of my money and love watching it grow :D

What's the Rate of growth buddy? One Feet per year?

Why can't I be rich as Siddharth:confused:
This question should be asked to yourself not on forums. You would be better judge than us.
For starters you can start reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
I am not rich but I am techno geek. I invest last of Saving on gadget. I like being around gadget.
Same here bro. I have lot's of people suggesting why I should spend money on gadgets. Whereas I have some friends who say let him do what he likes it's his money.
Others: rich people think differently
Can you elaborate on that.
That looked too much of generalization to me. I have two friends one who is pretty rich and the other not so. However I feel in certain ways they think alike. Maybe in some cases no.
Save your dough and don't spend it on pot :p :lol:
Your wallet gets lighter as you go Higher :wink:
Where did you get this quote from? Can you throw more light on it? I don't even make rotis.
Thanks guy I only invest my saving and sold gadget money on my new purchase . I like being up-to date when it's come to tech. I love both Andy and Apple. My lil bro just bought nexus 5 and I loved it. I bought iphone 5s 64gb. because earlier when I was using iphone 5 16gb . I was very frustrated with memory issue . I like storing music video games. Taking pic and recording video. And 16 gb fills very fast.
Way to go buddy.
Great to have the purchases.
Enjoy every bit of them and remember this quote
"What others think of you is none of your business"
Will take your advice and use discounted pot for cost cutting measures;)
Yeh pot ka kya story hai bhai.
These days who is using pot?
Good. Make sure you don't post that you bought ipad and iphone (gold) in the same post in same day so casually. It makes other feel like..... and they come thrashing....... ha ha hope you get the point.
Post it like you bought an Ipad.
Is there any rule mentioned for the thread about posting about something you bought should be done immediately and that we should not club the purchases. And what does casual post mean ?
I got your sarcasm not the point.

sksundram

In the zone
^^what nanducob meant:
pot = street name of cannabis (also known as marijuana)
If you want to have the best, go to Kasol (H.P.), trek to khirganga and ask for it. Quite cheap and pure. :D

What he didn't mean:
pot = Metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Battery life and can you use the Amazon kindle app with this ?

i don't have its case and screenguard yet (enroute), so have kept the tab back in its box for the time being. battery-life is tremendous, with anything from 9-11 hours (more towards the latter); the stock UI has a 'deep sleep', which expends battery only by about 1% in 24 hours.

and kindle app can be used with this.

@powerhoney and @debarshi - sorry, but detailed reviews are no more my cup of tea. ;)
however, some quick impressions of mine about the tab (as against the Nexus 7 2012) are:

- THIS feels like a TAB! not as large as i was thinking it to be, but just the apt size! this is actually good for me, because i was worried about the portability-factor, one of the reasons why i initially chose the Nexus 7 over this; but not repenting it, as by that way, i got to apply some very nice discount on this purchase later. *techenclave.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png

- very good finish & build-quality! exudes kind of premium-quality elegance!

- brilliant screen! very vibrant colours, and doesn't at all look shiny and 'whitish' type like on Nexus 7. has a warm tone to it, which i personally prefer.

- reading PDFs on it is an absolute charm! even the scanned ones don't bother much now. i don't read e-zines much (and no comics), but the 'comic-mode' is just superb!

- the touch is far more responsive than on Nexus 7, and the latter's touch-response is anyway very responsive. i write that because i was using a stylus on both the screens, and the Nexus 7 managed to miss out on a lot of touches, while the Nook, barely any (plus, the well-spaced keys on the good-looking stock keyboard also helps)!

- i liked the stock UI; a good & very welcome change from the 'bland' stock Android UI!

- felt almost equally heavy as the Nexus 7; or perhaps, slightly lighter. comfortable to hold.

- the recessed screen on the Nook HD+, where the screen-glass is well-fit under the borders of the device, which helps in glare-reduction or something like that, does seem to work.

- initially, the OS didn't seem snappy enough, unlike the Nexus 7. but later on, it felt just right. perhaps it may be due to initial start-up processes and updates and all such. however, there indeed is difference between both the tabs' processors. but what and how much does that translate to real-world usage is yet to be seen (and i don't play touch UI games).

for my usage (reading and watching videos on some specific subjects), i don't see myself attempting to root it in the near future. happy and contended with the stock UI, which, as i wrote above, is a nice change from the usual Android ROMs look and feel.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
to all guys discussing on money vs gadgets
continue here... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/lifestyle/178110-you-consider-cost-satisfaction.html

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
1-Weight Machine @445. I think it justify the money.

*i.imgur.com/jOxxVJp.jpg

2-Disco Light 360 rotating X2 @398 Good LED lights.

*i.imgur.com/c8xh45z.jpg

3-Revlon Body lotion @87. From shopclues Sunday market.

*i.imgur.com/glP4hCU.jpg

4-Air Freshener @95. Really this product awesome. It was packet and sealed still I can smelled lemon flavor.

*i.imgur.com/xZ92hQH.jpg

5- Plaudit P400@2899. This not my primary just need a dual sim in android so I use contact easily.

Pro: Nice Screen, 4.1, touch is fine, call recording work fine, 1800 Mah battery but in box it was mention 1500, Camera is average its do job, build quality is good.

Con: Bulky, 256 RAM(Too low)

*i.imgur.com/k0CyYg5.jpg
*i.imgur.com/NbN9d0W.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Svg2b0b.jpg
*i.imgur.com/nUguqxk.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9kKpLSC.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Mrn6PMx.jpg

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@NIGHTMARE
Congrats...

Exact same weighing scale is given day in and day out by medical representatives to my mom who is a doctor!!! :-D
All of them lying unused at the department storage room!!! :razz::p

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@NIGHTMARE
Congrats...

Exact same weighing scale is given day in and day out by medical representatives to my mom who is a doctor!!! :-D
All of them lying unused at the department storage room!!! :razz::p
Thanks. Doctors get plenty of things weighing machine is nothing.
@NIGHTMARE

Congrats!
All items from ShopClues ?
Only Revlon body lotion is from shopclues and rest of them from rediff. Purchase last date of GOSF. 250 off on purchase of 1000 and shipping is also free. And phone not come in under GOSF discount.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Guys seriously, you need to stop posting these large images (1,602px × 2,136px, common). Post small pics or post thumbnails. It's a request.

noo way.. I always like to see new stuff, what is the use of thumbnail then, just give like for the product page .. again useless.. cause real fun is watching actual unboxing pics..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Bought the following books from Amazon
1. Magic of Thinking Big
2. Big Fat Joke book by Khushwant Singh
3. Attitude is everything.

amjath

Human Spambot
@ajay: what I try to mean is rich people don't see others and try copy what others do. They think differently to make themselves happy rather than people who feel jealous all the time

Top Bottom