Post your latest Purchase

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Then I wont do it at all... :lol:
OFF_TOPIC :
In simple words, the burn-in of headphone/speakers can be compared to Break-in of new vehicle engines..

I hope u know wat happens if u give high acceleration to a new vehicle... More Wear & Less Power..

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Thanks guys.. here are the details..

Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT model (petrol)
Auto AC, All four power windows
Integrated music system with MB card drive :D (salesman said that, not me)
Free Insurance of 15k, free mud-flaps, mats & number plate.

Then, I asked them while inquiring, that Maruti dealership is giving me Ritz at a low price with seat covers & insurance, why should I get yours?

Then, you won't believe it, they gave me a free 22" LCD TV!! It's not delivered yet will get it once I get the car. Will have to wait for around a month as the color we wanted wasn't available.

Damages :- 441,000.
Extra :- 12k for Alloys
5k for central locking etc.

I regret that I couldn't convince my dad for ABS & Airbag version as it was 55k higher.

This is the color we went for :- Chevrolet Beat Color Schemes (click it & select Sandrift grey)

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Airbags and more so the ABS is worth its money on our roads. Try convincing him again.

I dont know how many times it saved my life but it sure did save many other people on the road.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
ABS is very essential especially in my state where there are many curves.. I'll try to convince him again, but the stupid salesmen at Chevrolet showroom said that 98% of their customers go for ABS & Airbag-less model.. Moreover, I do blame the govt & the companies too for not making ABS & Airbag compulsory..

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
What an a** that salesman is. I always check how many airbags are fitted in a car irrespective of the price range. Its just worth it bro.

My own room mate had an accident which completely deformed his face, he cannot see or talk as well due to injuries and also paralysed a friend sitting next to him. Luckily he survived but things would have not been so worse either had they spent a little more before the car than a few lakhs after the injuries, not to mention 6 months of college life.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Thanks guys.. here are the details..

Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT model (petrol)
Auto AC, All four power windows
Integrated music system with MB card drive :D (salesman said that, not me)
Free Insurance of 15k, free mud-flaps, matting & number plate.

Then, I asked them while enquiring, that Maruti dealership is giving me Ritz at a low price with seat covers & insurance, why should I get yours?

Then, you won't believe it, they gave me a free 22" LCD TV!! It's not delivered yet will get it once I get the car. Will have to wait for around a month as the color we wanted wasn't available.

Damages :- 441,000.
Extra :- 12k for Alloys
5k for central locking etc.

I regret that I couldn't convince my dad for ABS & Airbag version as it was 55k higher.

This is the color we went for :- Chevrolet Beat Color Schemes (click it & select Sandrift grey)

Congrats buddy and plz safety is first, so talk to your father again.

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
Congrats again (I congrats him already in G+ :) )

And yes, your state does require safety features due to the climate and road conditions there.

IMHO why didn't you go for Offroading Vehicles ? Mostly this type of vehicles are sold in your area isn't it ?

Tata Safari or something similar.......

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Road conditions of our state is awesome barring the rainy season when landslides occur.. As, we live in a hilly area, speeds above 70 are not possible without reckless driving..Offroading vehicles are only purchased by Army-men or Hotel fleets.. most of the people in my state get hatchbacks or sedans.. The population of HP is just 68 lakhs, so you can imagine how less vehicles are here..

Regarding Tata Safari or SUV, there are four members in my home, parents, me & younger bro who lives in hostel.. So at a time there are only 3 members. Therefore, Safari or SUV was an overkill.. And, I prefer my bike (P220) for commuting long distances too, love riding.. So, a hatchback was the perfect option.. Initially, I wanted to go for VW Polo or Skoda Fabia, but the showrooms of these two manufacturers was about 200 km away at Chandigarh (all other showrooms are present though excluding German exotics).. Then I thought of Ritz, but the handling was awful, i20 is underpowered.. So, Beat it is..

Btw.. I need to kill that salesman & his manager who showed us the stats of his vehicles sold with ABS which was only 2%.. which changed my dad's mind..

Last edited:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Yup, you need to kill him :lol:

[offtopic] Himachal is great...... We visit there atleast once a month, and I really love it. :) [/offtopic]

Top Bottom