Post your latest Purchase

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Jeez..yes that temp is in IDLE of course, if it were under load then I'd have ordered a room heater instead of AC :lol:, yes when ambient is 33°C the card runs at 42-43°C, and under full load it's around 78-80°C.
It's made of ASUS, the non Top model.

Something is messing up with ur Cabby heat the Load temp shud be around 65 & below ! Check the ventilation & air intake !

tkin

Back to school!!
My 6950 idles at 50+ :(
Its ok, 6950 has a not so optimized cooler, even in european countries it idles at 44c(low ambient).

PS: What exactly do you mean by 50+? 52c is ok, 58c is not so good. A new cabby perhaps, but one thing I've learned in the past, that cabbies don't effect idles that much, my Bijli is a cheap 1k cabby, yet it provides descent cooling.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
That's a bit too high, look at my charts, your card should stay below 40c for all I know, but don't lose your sleep over it, anyway what's your idle and load voltage levels(see in GPUZ or HW monitor)? Some chips need a bit extra voltage to run, my Palit GTX460 had massive idle and load voltage levels, so it ran at much higher temps(95c on furmark, mind boggling).

I know abt ur Palit GTX 460 i remember :hyper: Are u going to Get GTX 560 ?

My 6950 idles at 50+ :(

Its a reference cooler so 50 Idles is ok :idea:

tkin

Back to school!!
Jeez..yes that temp is in IDLE of course, if it were under load then I'd have ordered a room heater instead of AC :lol:, yes when ambient is 33°C the card runs at 42-43°C, and under full load it's around 78-80°C.
It's made of ASUS, the non Top model.
Do you have the ASUS DirectCU Cooler? That cooler puts the entire amount of hot air in the cabby itself, check your fan configuration, somehow your card is getting chocked. Take the side panel and test, does it improve?

I know abt ur Palit GTX 460 i remember :hyper: Are u going to Get GTX 560 ?

Its a reference cooler so 50 Idles is ok :idea:
Most probably, my engg exams are coming up on may, after those are over I'll upgrade my system probably, looking at 2600k+z68+8GB corsair, and a GPU worth 15k(GTX560 for now), meanwhile I'll keep my eye out for Bulldozer.

I'm in a dilemma though, I'm either gonna get a job or go for higher studies next year(june, 2012), in that case I won't be able to use my desktop any more, maybe a Gaming laptop would make more sense then, so upgrading now might be a total waste(E8400+5850 can hold for one year easily), damn choices :cry::cry:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Do you have the ASUS DirectCU Cooler? That cooler puts the entire amount of hot air in the cabby itself, check your fan configuration, somehow your card is getting chocked. Take the side panel and test, does it improve?

Most probably, my engg exams are coming up on may, after those are over I'll upgrade my system probably, looking at 2600k+z68+8GB corsair, and a GPU worth 15k(GTX560 for now), meanwhile I'll keep my eye out for Bulldozer.

I'm in a dilemma though, I'm either gonna get a job or go for higher studies next year(june, 2012), in that case I won't be able to use my desktop any more, maybe a Gaming laptop would make more sense then, so upgrading now might be a total waste(E8400+5850 can hold for one year easily), damn choices :cry::cry:

Wat a :?: confusion

Always Worth the wait , HD 5850 is enough for now ! ya me to waiting for bulldozer & GTX 560ti is really beast man u dont need GTX 570 just Overclock to 925 Mhz its performing like 45% increased performance than regular & if u sli it then it can take each & every game to max !

tkin

Back to school!!
Wat a :?: confusion

Always Worth the wait , HD 5850 is enough for now ! ya me to waiting for bulldozer & GTX 560ti is really beast man u dont need GTX 570 just Overclock to 925 Mhz its performing like 45% increased performance than regular & if u sli it then it can take each & every game to max !
The GTX560 @ 950 outpaces a 570/6970 easily, in a benchmark site I saw 1GHz Gigabyte SOC GTX560 running second only to 580, so thats performance.

I have my doubts with Bulldozer, theres only so much amd could do, its not like it will suddenly start producing rabbits out of hats, I was browsing though anandtechs 2600K benchmark and the Phenom 1090T was no where to be seen, the 2500k was flooring the competition, how fast can Bulldozer be? But bulldozer might start price cuts, 2600k @ 14k anyone?

PS: Bought a Titan octane watch for 4K a few weeks back, it giving me hell, slowing down frequently, took it for servicing 3 times and its still giving me issues, I have no faith in the watch's reliability any more, can't take it for exams etc. Will post some pics later once the problems are rectified(hopefully)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@tkin- My GPU temperature is normal, that Anandtech chart was in ambient temp like 22-23°C max. So I can't compare it with mine, no one can. BTW- It's the non TOP Asus model, they only have two, Top and Non Top :), and the Graphic Card is working fine, both fans are rotating fine and yes I have good enough air flow in my cabby :)

As you asked, here are the screens,

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin- My GPU temperature is normal, that Anandtech chart was in ambient temp like 22-23°C max. So I can't compare it with mine, no one can. BTW- It's the non TOP Asus model, they only have two, Top and Non Top :), and the Graphic Card is working fine, both fans are rotating fine and yes I have good enough air flow in my cabby :)

As you asked, here are the screens,
You and damngoodman have same gpu right? So why the difference? His idle and load are both 13c cooler than yours, maybe his ambient is lower(but still, 13 c is hell of a drop, for eg: My 5850 idles at 44c, when I turn on ac and put it to 18c, it drops to 36-38c and thats the lowest it will get, during winter it stays at 36c with the ambient hitting 15c, so the drop is about 7-8c max for my card), 13c cannot be justified easily, but yeah, as I said, don't lose your sleep over it, as long as load stays below 85c its fine.

PS: Idle voltage is ok. And I also thought there would be temp sensors for memory and vrms as well like 570/580 and most ATI cards, seems to be a bad cost cutting strategy.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well may be he has the same card, only he could tell, if he does then I'd also like to know his ambient and what cabby is he using? You said his GPU is 13°C cooler than me, that means in idle his runs at around 30-31°C, unless his room temp is under 21°C, I don't believe that :)

narendra4u

Broken In
this my new purchase circle polar cabi,fsp saga 2 500watt,g skill trident 4gb kit,
posting images for others confusing abt saga have short cables

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

narendra4u

Broken In
thanks guys
cabi is circle UBR COOL polar just for rs.2.2k and FAN QUALITY is great also its have speed control.120mm top2 ,front 1, 80mm back1

Top Bottom