Post your latest Purchase

ajai5777

Youngling
Bought Creative EP 630 @ 750/- for my Creative muvo.Included 1yr warranty and VAT bill.My old EP 630 was given to my sis for her Nokia 2730C.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I have LGs washing machine, audio system and microwave. All these products have seen workshop under warranty and even then the problem is not resolved. Every now and then LG guys come, take my product to workshop, keep it there for few weeks (doing I don't know what), and then give it back saying it has been repaired. After few days/weeks of usage the product develops problem again and the same thing is repeated. I didn't want that the same should happen with LCD too as it can be very expensive to repair it.

My Samsung's experience is better wherein their service guy came to home for repairing my computer monitor and it has been working perfectly. The person was nice and helpful. That's the reason I had purchased Samsung 32" LCD too.

3 years warranty sound good but if your product keeps going for service then it becomes annoying.

thanks bro for sharing. I am actually looking a 32 LED TV.Will purchase during DIWALI. I will stick to SAMSUNG 5 series then. Any suggestions ?

monkey

Padawan
thanks bro for sharing. I am actually looking a 32 LED TV.Will purchase during DIWALI. I will stick to SAMSUNG 5 series then. Any suggestions ?

I too was going for 32" LED TV but decided against it because:
1. LED is thinner but that didn't make any performance improvement over LCD.
2. Apart from slightly better contrast ratio there is practically no difference between LCD and LED as most LEDs are edge lit and not full-LED.
3. There is some power saving in LED but when you look at the price difference this saving becomes insignificant. Its like paying Rs. 15,000 extra now to save same amount of electricity over 5 years.

I had placed LCD and LED TVs (Both, Samsung and Sony brands at a time) side-by-side and I could hardly tell any difference in picture quality (atleast as long as you are not going for HD content all the time). Even the sales guy told me that LEDs are not what they should be - atleast not yet. Slight picture quality difference could easily be removed by slight manual adjustment on LCD and then for all practical reason LCD-LED becomes
equal.

So I decided against paying 15k extra for LED badge and went for LCD. That 15k saved will be invested now on upgrading my Home Theater. :)

edvin_158709

Burning Desire
Purchased Gigabyte G41m combo + Dualcore E5500 for my download machine +1 board support both DDr2 and DDr3. board cost Rs 2750 and processor cost Rs 3350 (Mumbai Lamington) Kingston DDr2 1GB 1200 other all hardware was recylced :smile: But here are some street price i have asked Kingston DDr2 2GB Rs 2200 Transcend 2GB DDr3 Rs 2400 WD 500GB Rs 1850 Dual core E5400 Rs 3000

Last edited:

tejaslok

Journeyman
Bought a logitech 5.1 multimedia speaker z506 @5.2k inclusive of VAT.
Still not setup them, there isnt anything at the back to wall mount them but the effect is good and the sub woofer bottom isnt protected so have to be carefull !

Cilus

laborare est orare
Lat Thursday, I bought two things from Kolkata, Chandni Chalk.

1. 1 TB Seagate Internal 7200 rpm HDD (32 MB Cahe) @ 2.95k (for my friend)
  2. BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.3k
Price are excluding 4% vat. This time I'll definitely post some pics. The monitor is superb. Watching the 11 GB 1080P Avatar BluRay Rip is a great experience.

Also bought 1 HDMI cable @ 0.5k

ajayritik

Technomancer
Lat Thursday, I bought two things from Kolkata, Chandni Chalk.

1. 1 TB Seagate Internal 7200 rpm HDD (32 MB Cahe) @ 2.95k (for my friend)
  2. BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.3k
Price are excluding 4% vat. This time I'll definitely post some pics. The monitor is superb. Watching the 11 GB 1080P Avatar BluRay Rip is a great experience.

Also bought 1 HDMI cable @ 0.5k
What is the purpose of the HDMI cable?

Cilus

laborare est orare
What is the purpose of the HDMI cable?
The cable is a HDMI-DVI D cable

Well, my monitor is having a DVI-D connector, whereas my Graphics card is having both DVI and HDMI output. So I am taking the HDMI out of my Card and DVI-D input of my monitor. Reason is that HDMI to DVI-D conversion is a loss-less conversion, only thing is you can't send the audio signal through it. So you will get same quality output as HDMI

Anx02

Broken In
Bought a MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC 1GB from SMC International @13.6k (all inclusive). Here are a few details (guess you all know about these...but still :mrgreen: ):

A comparison of size/length between the GTX460 and the 8800GTX I previously had.
*img443.imageshack.us/img443/4848/p1000937s.th.jpg

Some other pics:
*img827.imageshack.us/img827/2648/p1000941q.th.jpg

*img64.imageshack.us/img64/240/p1000944j.th.jpg

*img842.imageshack.us/img842/6308/p1000946c.th.jpg

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/4753/p1000947.th.jpg

GPU-Z:
*img193.imageshack.us/img193/7090/gpuzl.th.gif

Idle temp: I must say that the cooler works really great. Even in my non-ac room the card idles around 40-42 degrees (where as the 8800GTX would be 60 degrees :neutral: ).
*img811.imageshack.us/img811/4387/idle.th.gif

Load temp: Here's the temperature after running 3DMark Vantage once and Just Cause 2 benchmark twice (it shot higher than that when I gamed for 2 hours last night, but never went over 59 degrees, at load).
*img155.imageshack.us/img155/3233/load.th.gif

3DMark Vantage: Wish I could score more, but need a good quad core procy for that I guess. But still it's a great improvement over my previous score with the 8800GTX (P7900...almost half). Also, don't have a HD monitor, so this would be the highest preset for me. Checked ORB for comparison, a system with same config as mine scored about 1k less than mine, guess he had a stock GTX460.
*img508.imageshack.us/img508/3203/vantage.th.png

Just Cause 2: The only game I have installed right now. This is the benchmark "Desert Sunrise" ran with highest detail (16x AA/AF...no VSync), but again @1280x1024 (max res. of my old 17" flat monitor).
*img841.imageshack.us/img841/7312/justcause2game201009162.th.jpg

I hope the card is performing as it's supposed to. :)

Top Bottom