Post your latest Purchase

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade (2010 manufactured Jasper) pre-modded with iExtreme LT - 14k
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - 2k
HDMI Cable - 1.5k

monkey

Padawan
Bought For my two friends:
1. Zotac GTX460 (1GB) - 13,100/-
2. Point of View GTX460 (1GB) - 12,350/-

Here are some snaps:

Cards in their boxes:
*img441.imageshack.us/img441/6725/img0584e.jpg

Bare Cards:
*img299.imageshack.us/img299/7329/img0551m.jpg

Package Contents:
*img266.imageshack.us/img266/7563/img0560cs.jpg*img716.imageshack.us/img716/3784/img0561ya.jpg

Output Ports (Zotac on the Left and POV on the right):
*img837.imageshack.us/img837/7320/img0556z.jpg

Fans (See POVs custom fan with 2 heatpipes visible):
*img838.imageshack.us/img838/7808/img0581yf.jpg*img830.imageshack.us/img830/7027/img0582l.jpg

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
Why you got dual channel kit and not TRI. Also are you running 5770 crossfire on that board..?
No. Price was the factor here. Though, the board supports both SLI and Crossfire.

How it possible, its clear written on the ram about 6GB 2*3GB, may be he bought only 2*2 from that kit... I have doubt.
I know that my frnd.
We decided to go for 2x2GB sticks, due to price constraint. Plus, because of opened pack, we got a little wave offs on the other two sticks.

the dealer sold 1 stick to another customer, left with 2, he sold these to him, but i dont understand why he did not get 3 sticks for triple channel mempry on the i7, he might as well could have got an i7 860 with a cheaper board if he wanted the to use dual channel....but anyways, looks sweet :)
Nope, we planned for 6GB initially. But then because of the monitor, we've to cut short in RAM sticks. We went for the best in line products for CPU,RAM,GPU and Mobo, within 65K budget. And we did! :) RAM can be upgraded anytime. May be my frnd would've purchased the another stick by now.

^^
Stupid on the buyers part for sure.
No buddy. It wasn't stupid on anyone's part for sure. My frnd already told me the 65K range in the beginning. And i made sure to fit every single thing within that limit.
In the end, all that mattered was that he had a Happy face and i delivered to my part. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Am sorry. Did not mean to sound naive. You made a good purchase and were quite justified for the 4 GB kit deal to save money. Enjoy the games...!
:)

monkey

Padawan
POV GTX460 is far better than the Zotac. nice to see POV GTX460 finally make its way to Indian market. waiting for EVGA.

POV looks gud but lacks warranty time (2 years against 2+3 years offered by Zotac). Zotac bundle is good too (did you see two power adapters and free game in the bundle?) and thats why costs few hundred bucks more. My both friends differed on these views and hence ended with 2 different brands. EVGA GTX460 was still not offered by the dealer saying that its still not launched in India. Otherwise for me its EVGA FTW. Always.

Piyush

Lanaya
POV looks gud but lacks warranty time (2 years against 2+3 years offered by Zotac). Zotac bundle is good too (did you see two power adapters and free game in the bundle?) and thats why costs few hundred bucks more. My both friends differed on these views and hence ended with 2 different brands. EVGA GTX460 was still not offered by the dealer saying that its still not launched in India. Otherwise for me its EVGA FTW. Always.

congrats on ur friend's purchase :)
i thought POV was vanished from india just like EVGA
its good to see its back
now i wish EVGA comes up soon

and from where did u bought these cards?

monkey

Padawan
congrats on ur friend's purchase :)
i thought POV was vanished from india just like EVGA
its good to see its back
now i wish EVGA comes up soon

and from where did u bought these cards?

POV and EVGA had disappeared but are slowly coming back. Saw some on online sites and is happy to know that distributors are waking up.

I bought these cards from .:: Yantra Online ::.. Its Delhi based so found it easy to bargain a bit (I am from Delhi too). Also since me (and my friends) are generally caught up in work during weekdays and Saturday we don't get much chance to visit hardware shops Nehru Place. So online option is the easiest for us to shop.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
For more details see this link:

Philips - Digital PhotoFrame 7" 16:9 frame ratio - SPF1017/10 - Digital PhotoFrames - Digital photo - Sound and vision

I bought it as a gift for my sister on Rakshabandhan I didn't used it personally so cant tell you anything very specifically...

Thanks for the link. Its a nice frame.

@all - Purchased a 16GB Sandisk(Class 4) SDHC Memory Card at Rs.1650/-
A china mobile charger for SE Z550i at Rs.100 along-with a china battery for same costing Rs.150.

pillainp

Journeyman
Coolermaster HAF-X ATX Full Tower Cabinet (RC-942-KKN1)

Pooja Tech
H-B/99,2nd Cross Road,Panampali Nagar,Ernakulam,Cochin- 36
Kerala
Email: poojatech53@gmail.com
TEL: 0484-40410786, 09846004786

Price: Rs. 11,250/- plus tax
--------------------------
From V-Traders Ernakulam:
Canon SX20 IS @ Rs. 24,500/-
Sandisk Extreme HD Video (Class 6) SDHC Card 8 GB x 2 @ Rs 2000/- each
Sanyo Eneloop LSD NiMH AA cells 2-pack x 4 with Sanyo Eneloop Charger NC-MQN04ES @ Rs. 2,500/-
----------------------------
From Babas Colour Studios Trivandrum:
Sandisk Sandisk Extreme HD Video (Class 6) SDHC Card 4 GB x 1 @ Rs. 1,050/-

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
POV and EVGA had disappeared but are slowly coming back. Saw some on online sites and is happy to know that distributors are waking up.

I bought these cards from .:: Yantra Online ::.. Its Delhi based so found it easy to bargain a bit (I am from Delhi too). Also since me (and my friends) are generally caught up in work during weekdays and Saturday we don't get much chance to visit hardware shops Nehru Place. So online option is the easiest for us to shop.

thanks for the link
when i'll buy my gfx card i'll look this shop first

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My friend purchased a Linksys WI-FI PCI Card for Rs.1200.

Some other quotes;
> Belkin Wi-Fi PCI Card : Rs.750
> WD 500GB HDD : Rs.1900
>WD 1 TB HDD : Rs.3150

Piyush

Lanaya
my friend purchased soundmagic pl 30 for 1k
great sound
noise cancellation is just awesome
bass control knob is also present on the back side of each earplug

Top Bottom