Post your latest Purchase

chorus

I need PC help
You are not using a Gfx? going with IGP only?

Also PSU of Zebronics are not very good.

• This is my Rig which i have already purchased:

CPU: AMD Phenom X2 550 BE (Coz it can be unlocked as well as overclocked) @4650
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz @2350
Hard Disk: Seagate 7200.12 500Gb @2350
UPS: Techcom 600VA @1100
LCD Monitor: 20" Samsung 2033SW PLUS @7069
Cabinet:Zebronics Breeze(comes with 3 "80mm fans" on its side) + Zebronics 450w PSU @1712

Add +4%VAT=20k

For curiosity sake, this is how my Zebronics breeze cabinet looks like (follow the link below):
*www.zebronics.net/Zeb_Breeze.asp

• Reason for computer as follows?
"Definitely Gaming is not the top most priority. I need this system for Web designing, software development. If adding Gfx helps my work then i'll add to my motherboard by another 3 or 4 months."

My budget for cabinet and PSU is @3500 at present and mob @7k.

Unless you ever plan to add a couple of graphic cards, a decent mid tower case would do just fine. Get any case you like, but I recommend the CM Elite series cases @ 1.8-2.5k.

Since you already have a decent cabby on your list, stick to it and get a good PSU like the Gigabyte 460W @ 2.5k or Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k or Tagan TG-500-U37 @ 3.2k or Corsair VX450W @ 4k.

Any views?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
MSI 790GX-G65 for 7k or ASUS ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO for 7k .

make sure that whatever mobo you buy comes with DDR3 sockets.

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO mob comes with 16gb DDR3 support. This motherboard is rated "the best" in two of the popular magazines of this month. So, thinking of purchasing it

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
next gen graphic cards like HD5850 and HD5870 are a bit long so you better a cabinet wide enough to fit the GPU just in case you think of upgrading after few months. CM Elite 335 is one such cabinet with roomy interior.

the onboard GPU on m4a785TD-V EVO rocks. go for it. also, forget about 16gb DDR3, which we will not use for next 3-4 years atleast :)

chorus

I need PC help
next gen graphic cards like HD5850 and HD5870 are a bit long so you better a cabinet wide enough to fit the GPU just in case you think of upgrading after few months. CM Elite 335 is one such cabinet with roomy interior.

the onboard GPU on M4a785TD-V EVO rocks. go for it. also, forget about 16gb DDR3, which we will not use for next 3-4 years atleast :)

Wow! GFx cards will get long? thats nice info. I never thought cabys place an important role.

I'll definitely note "CM Elite 335" in my dairy for my next purchase

And you are right, we never use that much Ram. Since M4a785TD-V EVO is reviewed as the best in Magazines, So going for it. Are there any Mob's for web designing and software development?

mumblehere

On The Game
bot 80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 IDE hdd yesterday for 2100 (they had only seagate n dat too 80 gigs only :cry:), as my 5 yr old samsung hdd gave way.

which s/w is best to create an image/restore of OS drive and program files in another drive. is norton ghost k?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
win vista and 7 have option to make image of OS and store in another partition or drive. which os are you using

and yes, norton ghost will be good for the task.

tkin

Back to school!!
Just purchased:

Sony Cybershot DSC-W270 @ 16k
*www.whatdigitalcamera.com/imageBank/cache/w/WEB_SonyW270_PRODmain.jpg_e_a2b82fd51235ed033b38eeebc90801b0.jpg

5x Optical Zoom
12.1Mpx
28-140mm wide angle lens.
720p HD video recording.

and more............

Got a free 4GB memory card+carry case free.

Tech specs:
*www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-w-series/dsc-w270#pageType=TechnicalSpecs

mumblehere

On The Game
win vista and 7 have option to make image of OS and store in another partition or drive. which os are you using

and yes, norton ghost will be good for the task.

using xp pro sp2. i usually disable default sys restore to free space, is there any use with sys restore in xp?

apart frm restorin bkup frm another partition, suppose if OS not loading, is there a s/w to replace/restore/repair the OS drive with image/files backed up in dvd while bootin up?

suggestion for a GUD antivirus (lightweight like avg or antivir). :neutral:

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Purchased SONY DVP-SR650P DVD player with DivX support @ 3,790/-

*tech2.in.com/media/images/2009/Sep/img_171362_sony_450x360.jpg

Well, my gadget purchasing is finally at an end(dad pulled the plug), may get a 15k GPU next year(by june) but still not confirmed.

Krow

Crowman
^Sad it at an end, anyway, mine has begun and I'll post soooon. :) Nice purchases though tkin, even though I do not like Sony. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Purchased Dell S2409W 24" Full HD Monitor from Prime ABGB at Rs.14.4K.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/4031850606_3e10e64fc3.jpg

Does ABGB retail this, or they order it from DELL on their name, and give it to you. Or they order it on your name from DELL. On whose 'name' is the invoice/warranty made on..?

Am just not being able to find this exact model in my NCR region. I thought the price was ~ 12-13K...?

:( :( :(

I want this baby...pleaes NO ONE advice techenclave.

Krow

Crowman
^Why not TE? Been quite some time since you posted here. Glad to see your post. :)

Ask www.lynx-india.com
AFAIK, its best if you speak to Amarbir through TE as he gives some discounts there. He has also started a deal with Dell monitors. Price he quotes ~13k.

tkin

Back to school!!
^Sad it at an end, anyway, mine has begun and I'll post soooon. :) Nice purchases though tkin, even though I do not like Sony. :)
I don't like sony that much either, but have been using a cybershot DSC-H1 for years and gotta say sony makes the best basic digicams out there, i've used canon, nikon and panasonic and in terms of usability and features no one comes close(only in the compact segment, in DSLR range nikon and canon rule, sony alpha DSLR is not worth the price). The camera i bought is working like a charm.

However bought the sony DVD player as I was in the store(sony center) and didn't feel like going to another shop to buy other brands, and performance for the DVD player is at best mediocre, it has a small size and is very light, supports DivX and can play from pen drives, but has slow response,the remote is f***ing ugly and has poor range, not recommended, phillips players are a a lot better.

Yeah, keep posting about your gadgets, still no one in the forum bought HD58xx, maybe you can do the honors.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Purchased Stereo to RCA Y-Adapter Cable - Rs.35/-

*img202.imageshack.us/img202/5074/image0169.th.jpg

I too need three of such cables but unfortunately my computer isn't working now. :(

@Krow - Thanks. I got it from Prime ABGB since I was in a hurry & didn't wanted to wait for another year since I was already without a monitor since almost 3-4 months.

Krow

Crowman
I don't like sony that much either, but have been using a cybershot DSC-H1 for years and gotta say sony makes the best basic digicams out there, i've used canon, nikon and panasonic and in terms of usability and features no one comes close(only in the compact segment, in DSLR range nikon and canon rule, sony alpha DSLR is not worth the price). The camera i bought is working like a charm.
Ah yes, it is reliable. Although in the prosumer segment, around 15k onwards, canon FTW! Also, one reason why i dont like sony cams is due to their dependence on the expensive Memory Stick Pro DUO, which costs double the normal SD card for same performance.
However bought the sony DVD player as I was in the store(sony center) and didn't feel like going to another shop to buy other brands, and performance for the DVD player is at best mediocre, it has a small size and is very light, supports DivX and can play from pen drives, but has slow response,the remote is f***ing ugly and has poor range, not recommended, phillips players are a a lot better.
The brand name sells and is so sometimes even when other brands are cheaper and better.
Yeah, keep posting about your gadgets, still no one in the forum bought HD58xx, maybe you can do the honors.
Nope, I do not need it, so no HD 5xxx for me now. I was talking more in the lines of a TV + home theater system. :)

@ Krow - Thanks. I got it from Prime ABGB since I was in a hurry & didn't wanted to wait for another year since I was already without a monitor since almost 3-4 months.
:)

satyamy

Alive Again...
Purchased Laser Printer Cannon LBP2900B for Friend on 24/09/2009 for Rs. 6000/-

Purchased Laser Printer Cannon LBP2900B for another Friend yesterday for Rs. 6400/-

IDE LG DVD Writer 20x - Rs. 1150/-

tkin

Back to school!!
Ah yes, it is reliable. Although in the prosumer segment, around 15k onwards, canon FTW! Also, one reason why i dont like sony cams is due to their dependence on the expensive Memory Stick Pro DUO, which costs double the normal SD card for same performance.

The brand name sells and is so sometimes even when other brands are cheaper and better.

Nope, I do not need it, so no HD 5xxx for me now. I was talking more in the lines of a TV + home theater system. :)

:)
But i got SONY because they are giving free 4GB memory card with every purchase, enough for 900 8MP shots, or 700 12MP shots or 1hr 720p Fine quality movie.

Krow

Crowman
But i got SONY because they are giving free 4GB memory card with every purchase, enough for 900 8MP shots, or 700 12MP shots or 1hr 720p Fine quality movie.
WOW! Then, good you bought it. Solid offer, considering that for the price of a 4GB Memory stick Pro Duo, one can buy an 8GB SD Card. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
WOW! Then, good you bought it. Solid offer, considering that for the price of a 4GB Memory stick Pro Duo, one can buy an 8GB SD Card. :)
Yes, its almost 1.5-2k now-a-days. So its costly, but sony insists on these custom hw:x, And the battery charger they gave was a POS, it looks like a flimsy 50/- batt charger, no comment on build quality(a joke), has only one indicator, battery charge- light on, charge full- light off, no charge cause of lose contact between plug and socket- light off, how the hell am I gonna be sure if the charge is complete or the charger came lose? happened twice, I think I need a multimeter to check if the charger is dead or the battery is full.

Krow

Crowman
Yes, its almost 1.5-2k now-a-days. So its costly, but sony insists on these custom hw:x, And the battery charger they gave was a POS, it looks like a flimsy 50/- batt charger, no comment on build quality(a joke), has only one indicator, battery charge- light on, charge full- light off, no charge cause of lose contact between plug and socket- light off, how the hell am I gonna be sure if the charge is complete or the charger came lose? happened twice, I think I need a multimeter to check if the charger is dead or the battery is full.
Same charger for my DSC-H50 which is a friggin 18k camera! Bull sh1t SONY!

Top Bottom