Post your latest Purchase

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congos... Superb Purchase. Cost???

BTW, the final picture, where's the RAM of your system? ;) :)) And please post the temps.

tkin

Back to school!!
My Noctua U12P just arrived, installed it, pics I'll show later.

BIOS Temps(bios has no power saving enabled):
Stock cooler: 71c
U12P: 49c
Ambient: 30c

Difference between stock and U12P = 22c

The stock cooler is cr@p, Q.E.D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ithehappy, Your cabby should take it but that will be pretty close to the side panel and the fan may interfere.

@tkin, Congos. That's a huge jaw-dropping drop in the temperature. BTW, this is the CPU temp I guess.

tkin

Back to school!!
@coolgame, nice cooler, too bad I bought vengeance rams, else I was aiming for the D14.

@ ithehappy, Your cabby should take it but that will be pretty close to the side panel and the fan may interfere.

@tkin, Congos. That's a huge jaw-dropping drop in the temperature. BTW, this is the CPU temp I guess.
Thanks, that's the cpu temp in bios, pretty much maximum, as bios(UEFI) runs in software mode and stresses the cpu, also no power saving is activated in the bios.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Difference between stock and U12P = 22c

The stock cooler is cr@p, Q.E.D
Jeez, 22°C :shock:
My temp difference was 8-9°C max.
Side panel? Is it taller than Hyper 212 too? By saying it won't fit I tried to say that it will almost touch the rear fan of cabby as already with my Hyper there is a max 3-4" gap from the rear fan, if you put the Coolers vertically. If it's taller than Hyper then I am caught from both sides :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Coolgame, nice cooler.

By the way, the NHD14 fit quite comfortably in my CM690. So the II version should be able to hold it in. The side PANEL did not touch the cooler, and there is a nice gap ~1.5".

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jeez, 22°C :shock:
My temp difference was 8-9°C max.

Side panel? Is it taller than Hyper 212 too? By saying it won't fit I tried to say that it will almost touch the rear fan of cabby as already with my Hyper there is a max 3-4" gap from the rear fan, if you put the Coolers vertically. If it's taller than Hyper then I am caught from both sides :)

OK, little bit of mistake. Noctua D14 is 160mm taller and CM 690II can take CPU fans up to 177mm height. Case fans are 25mm wide. So if you have the one without the transparent side panel, you may have to let go the top fan of the side panel.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
OK, little bit of mistake. Noctua D14 is 160mm taller and CM 690II can take CPU fans up to 177mm height. Case fans are 25mm wide. So if you have the one without the transparent side panel, you may have to let go the top fan of the side panel.
Mine is with the transparent SP, but I keep it open when I game :)

coolgame

Journeyman
thanks all.the temps are superb.i did some prime 95 testing on my i7 2600k and here are some results.BTW the stock cooler hit 90+ degrees even at 3.7ghz(open side panel).i could only go upto 4.5ghz with the stock cooler when i opened the side panel and put the case beside the AC.with the noctua however,i was able to get 4.7 ghz with the case closed and no other fans added
*i.imgur.com/TdaP0.jpg

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@ coolgame

Extreme cool addition...congos :hyper:

@tkin

Another feather on ur already feathery head ;) Congos bro! :doublethumb:

8.5k is a good asking price. Current price of 460 is as low as 9.5k in the market, so you need to consider that. You need to find a n00b to sell it at 8.5k.

Well...its only 11months old....and its 1GB sonic version...u can only find the 768MB version at 9.5K....thats why this price....wont budge!

If it isnt sold....no probs...Will continue to use it! :cool:

tkin

Back to school!!
Noctua U12P result:
At 3.8GHz(mild oc):
Idle: All cores less than 40c(stock cooler: 45c)
Load(prime95, small FFT): Max 62c(stock cooler 80c+ on all cores)

*i.imgur.com/NxikE.png

No AC, ambient fell a little today after rain, but all windows are closed, I reckon around 28c

@ coolgame, nice results, and check the siggy, there is a typo there.

Top Bottom