Post your latest Purchase

tkin

Back to school!!
V6GT FTW! Why didnt u get it earlier?
You sure it will fit? The vengeance modules are huge, they caused so much trouble that I had to remove them every time I tried to fix the cable management near the dvd writer, so I'll by one if the cooler does not come by wednesday.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
You sure it will fit? The vengeance modules are huge, they caused so much trouble that I had to remove them every time I tried to fix the cable management near the dvd writer, so I'll by one if the cooler does not come by wednesday.

I m not sure...cant u find out? Better to avoid problems imho

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I agree. V6GT is what you should get.

V10 wouldnt fit, otherwise I'd say get those.

Hey TKIN have you used any DHX sink dominators/XMS 2 before?

the Vengeance is actually smaller than those.

can you post a pic of your mobo with CPU and RAM installed?

I want a top view of mobo and a side view from RAM side.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The fans will cause issues on the V6GT, if the memory heatspreaders are tall. Can the fans be vertically adjusted. On Noctua's you can.

What was the cost of the V6GT..?

nginx

In the zone
Somebody please lend me a spare USB keyboard :p. Been waiting for over 4 days for flipkart to deliver my keyboard and it still hasn't arrived. I thought these guys were supposed to be quick. Been waiting since Wednesday to assemble my rig :(

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^ If you can't wait buy an chepo keyboard around rs 100 bucks and shows us the photo's of ur rig asap.

tkin

Back to school!!
I agree. V6GT is what you should get.

V10 wouldnt fit, otherwise I'd say get those.

Hey TKIN have you used any DHX sink dominators/XMS 2 before?

the Vengeance is actually smaller than those.

can you post a pic of your mobo with CPU and RAM installed?

I want a top view of mobo and a side view from RAM side.
Here you go:
*i.imgur.com/3Gjm8.jpg

The big mess with 6 sata cables:
*i.imgur.com/b9GNi.jpg

*i.imgur.com/TonE6.jpg

The cable is actually above the ram heatsink, so not touching it, the pic does not show it properly:
*i.imgur.com/KT9RG.jpg

*i.imgur.com/cqK2s.jpg

I still need to work on cable management below the gpu.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
more pics tkin, specially the whole cabby as well as the GPU with its box ;)

ya, you should properly fold those cables to look nice.

tkin

Back to school!!
more pics tkin, specially the whole cabby as well as the GPU with its box ;)

ya, you should properly fold those cables to look nice.
You can see the gpu right there, looks even better when powered up, with the phase leds, I'll post pics later, my biggest issue atm is the cable management at the bottom part, the space behind the mobo can't accommodate much cables, so I had to shove the extra cables at the bottom behind the hdd bay, the power/reset/led connector wire(the white/green mess) looks crap(I want to paint it black, god damned cooler master has no sense of style), also as you can see the sata cables are making a disaster behind the gpu, more work to do, I will do the final management after installing the cooler to properly use the back space.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
You can see the gpu right there, looks even better when powered up, with the phase leds, I'll post pics later, my biggest issue atm is the cable management at the bottom part, the space behind the mobo can't accommodate much cables, so I had to shove the extra cables at the bottom behind the hdd bay, the power/reset/led connector wire(the white/green mess) looks crap(I want to paint it black, god damned cooler master has no sense of style), also as you can see the sata cables are making a disaster behind the gpu, more work to do, I will do the final management after installing the cooler to properly use the back space.

Erm...even the HAF can be brought down with beast that is the 580 lightning ;)

Its cramped things up imho...

Anyway...doesnt look like the V6GT will fit if u ask me!

Cant we coax MD to import the N620 from SMC if it doesnt arrive this week? :?: :idea:

tkin

Back to school!!
Erm...even the HAF can be brought down with beast that is the 580 lightning ;)

Its cramped things up imho...

Anyway...doesnt look like the V6GT will fit if u ask me!

Cant we coax MD to import the N620 from SMC if it doesnt arrive this week? :?: :idea:
Sure, if they do not, we will import it from smc ourselves, or noctua from itwares, anyway the lightning is damn huge, anything smaller than a full tower(haf x, phantom) can be brought down by it, its heavy like a brick.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Sure, if they do not, we will import it from smc ourselves, or noctua from itwares, anyway the lightning is damn huge, anything smaller than a full tower(haf x, phantom) can be brought down by it, its heavy like a brick.

Thats true...I realized after I saw the behemoth( I would like to visit ur place sometime to get a first hand look)!!!! :cool:

Well...MD do import(I knw..they did so for forum member Deathknight...he's my batchmate from collg)...

BTW how are we going to import? Form 50? Will we get local warranty?

tkin

Back to school!!
Thats true...I realized after I saw the behemoth( I would like to visit ur place sometime to get a first hand look)!!!! :cool:

Well...MD do import(I knw..they did so for forum member Deathknight...he's my batchmate from collg)...

BTW how are we going to import? Form 50? Will we get local warranty?
I doubt about warranty as MD themselves give warranty for cooler master in kolkata, anyway you are most welcome to come visit my house any time, just pm/call me if you decide to do so and I'll pm/tell you directions.

BTW what's warranty got to do with cooler? Not like they can be damaged easily or arrive doa, there's no electronic component here.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I doubt about warranty as MD themselves give warranty for cooler master in kolkata, anyway you are most welcome to come visit my house any time, just pm/call me if you decide to do so and I'll pm/tell you directions.

BTW what's warranty got to do with cooler? Not like they can be damaged easily or arrive doa, there's no electronic component here.

Yes sure...I'll let u know...

Warranty? There's plenty that can go wrong(jus pray that it doesnt :Fingerx:)
1. First the fans...They might be DOA...Two of them.
2. Might be missing some wires or screws in the pack(happens sometimes)
3. The heatsink fins might be damaged
4. The baseplate may not be flat(dunno if u need to invoke warranty for that!)

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes sure...I'll let u know...

Warranty? There's plenty that can go wrong(jus pray that it doesnt :Fingerx:)
1. First the fans...They might be DOA...Two of them.
2. Might be missing some wires or screws in the pack(happens sometimes)
3. The heatsink fins might be damaged
4. The baseplate may not be flat(dunno if u need to invoke warranty for that!)
Hmm, I am scared, I'll ask md whether they will take it back if it does not fit and get the v6gt first if the cooler is delayed, else the N620.

PS: I might get a deal on N520, is that any good?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hmm, I am scared, I'll ask md whether they will take it back if it does not fit and get the v6gt first if the cooler is delayed, else the N620.

PS: I might get a deal on N520, is that any good?

Now...from the reviews that I saw...Hyper 212+<+/-N520<<N620....

Top Bottom