Post your latest Purchase

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
itthehappy,the corsair sticker comes in the same package as the zip ties.
the PSU box was not thrown away right?and you assembled it?

contact corsair TSX,im sure they will be happy to send you a new one.

ithehappy

Human Spambot

No. But I didn't do the assemble. Hmm, so the assemblers got rid of it. What is TSX btw? How do I contact them?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

No. But I didn't do the assemble. Hmm, so the assemblers got rid of it. What is TSX btw? How do I contact them?

Yeah it comes in the pack with the zip ties. The assembler must had got rid of it without you knowing.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
go to corsair homepage.go to support.contact them from there.

TSX stands for tech support Express.

Dude PC assembly is like building with lego blocks.You should sit with the assembler on your first time to understand basics.Next time you can do it by yourself with help of manuals in the mobo.

Most of it is self explanatory.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
go to corsair homepage.go to support.contact them from there.

TSX stands for tech support Express.
Thanks.
Dude PC assembly is like building with lego blocks.You should sit with the assembler on your first time to understand basics.Next time you can do it by yourself with help of manuals in the mobo.

Most of it is self explanatory.
I assemble everything myself. The day I purchased the PC it was very late evening, was very tired, that's why I let them the job done, didn't have the energy/patience to assemble yet I wanted a ready system and yes I should've been there to see if they are throwing something away or not, my friend was there though :)
Now I remember there was no pack of zip ties, they got rid of the whole packet :shock: :sad:

tkin

Back to school!!

Corsair Support is legendary, the 4xpcie cables for my HX620 just arrived today, this allows me to go proper multi gpu with the hx620 which initially came with just 2x pcie cables, corsair send me those cables free and it took one month, these were the cables I was so worried about, I'm selling my HX620 anyway but I will chose corsair products any day over anything, no company has anything on corsair.

PS: One more pro with with modular smps, corsair will keep sending you replacement cables if you break any.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Corsair Support is legendary, the 4xpcie cables for my HX620 just arrived today, this allows me to go proper multi gpu with the hx620 which initially came with just 2x pcie cables, corsair send me those cables free and it took one month, these were the cables I was so worried about, I'm selling my HX620 anyway but I will chose corsair products any day over anything, no company has anything on corsair.

PS: One more pro with with modular smps, corsair will keep sending you replacement cables if you break any.

So nice. That just goes to show you need to take care of so many things while purchasing a product. Just the price and performance means nothing. Won't recommend people any other brand of SMPS from this point of time. :))

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Well This is a heads-up for you guys, dont mix and match HX and AX cables ok?

Last edited by a moderator:

tkin

Back to school!!
Well This is a heads-up for you guys, dont mix and match HX and AX cables ok?

Huh? What made you think that corsair send me AX cables for HX620 that I mailed them about and they have part number cb65hxpc2, these are the cables that come with HX650 and is fully compatible with HX620(last gen of HX620s came with these).

PS: Why would the cables cause any issue? The PCIe spec is fixed and the cables are connected to 12v rails, are ax cables made of gold? The conductivity of these cables maybe a bit different but that's it.

Also note ax and hx slots are incompatible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
My previous post was toned down by a mod (because i used a censored word).

The slots are compatible HX 750 onwards.go to website and see for yourself.

The pin leads config on the PSU side is different for either of the PSUs.since the cables are sleeved you cant see for certain.

I said this for anyone who has both AX and HX PSU at home.Not you specifically.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
My previous post was toned down by a mod (because i used the f word (censored tho)).

The slots are compatible HX 750 onwards.go to website and see for yourself.

The pin leads config on the PSU side is different for either of the PSUs.since the cables are sleeved you cant see for certain.

I said this for anyone who has both AX and HX PSU at home.Not you specifically.
Hmm, aren't we talking about HX620?

Anyway like I told you, a cable will give power as the rails supply to it(basic physics, electronics as you call it), the conductance(1/resistance) is fixed, the only reason a cable may fail if the heat generated due to the conduction damages it, since pcie specs limit the current and the power(P=VI) so why would it damage the component?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
how can you fail to see it was a general advisory?

look at it this way,on the PSU,a "ground" pin on the HX may be a "live" pin on the AX.
they will go to correct part in the pin- side of component as long as cables are not mismatched.

heads up for you guys

tkin

Back to school!!
how can you fail to see it was a general advisory?

look at it this way,on the PSU,a "ground" pin on the HX may be a "live" pin on the AX.
they will go to correct part in the pin- side of component as long as cables are not mismatched.
Hmm, this could be a possibility but why would corsair send me cables for hx that are for the AX? They be dumb!!!!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
no they wont!

I NEVER said they would.

You have misunderstood.

My post was intended at people having multiple series modular PSUs,not at you getting AX cables.

They wont send AX cables if u have HX.

tkin

Back to school!!
no they wont!

I NEVER said they would.

You have misunderstood.

My post was intended at people having multiple series modular PSUs,not at you getting AX cables.

They wont send AX cables if u have HX.
Meh, this is going too long, anyway hope I get the lightning here, any idea about zotac cards? They carry the reference cooler which is pretty nice(although I won't be able to oc).

Top Bottom