Post your latest Purchase

bubusam13

Human
Are you sure its due to the controller? I used to win races with a 200/- chinese controller :rolleyes:

My friend, you are absolutely right. Seriously those chinese controllers are much better. I also won many races. My cars are able to take sharp turn without applying brakes with the chinese controller. With keyboard I need to apply hand brake. And with the microsoft controller (the fake one, no idea about the real one) it is much difficult. So this time, after returning the fake controller on eBay, I didn't buy another microsoft controller but bought a Frontech Rs 250.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Racing games require the analog triggers for accelerate and brake.. Its not present in cheapo controllers (only xinput controllers have them).
See my gamepad guide for details

bubusam13

Human
My new Samsung Galaxy Grand 2... if someone says Moto G, I find no reason why I should not go to Grand 2 considering it's advantages over Moto G and that too when I am getting it so cheap. :)
Contrary to the many internet reviews, I only find 2 issues. Nothing else. It heats up and battery does not lasts to my expectations, considering it a 2600 mah battery, I expected it to last more than 1 day.
May be Samsung come out with some update to resolve the heating and power saving issues. And I love the one handed operation feature, the multi window is great, s voice, translate, club samsung, and many more. And even it does not have noise cancellation mic, it's call quality is a better than my old phone with noise cancellation and much much better than Moto G of my friend.

*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2172_zpsd1d2b328.jpg
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2178_zps51f36bcc.jpg
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2180_zps4730d158.jpg
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2171_zps1171b4f1.jpg
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2176_zps2761fec7.jpg
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2191_zpsd4562340.jpg
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2184_zps83f9674d.jpg
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2186_zpsf6dc3ffe.jpg*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2190_zps7762891c.jpg*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2192_zps05dffc98.jpg

Last edited:

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Here it is , here it is ..... yippikay ...
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION], yes indian one.

1. The Model I ordered : Lenovo Ideapad Y510p ( *www.thedostore.com/ideapad-y510p-dusk-black.html )
( I ordered on 5th April 2014 , it took exactly 6 Working Days for them to deliver it my office address. They Delivered it yesterday , i.e 14th April 2014)

2. I ordered it online from thedostore.com , from the link mentioned above. As they offered 2 years extra warranty , I chose dostore over flipkart / snapdeal.

3. I Paid 77029/- INR , via HDFC CC , and immediately after purchase the Bank called me to confirm the purchase. After I validated the purchase they offered me to split the purchase over EMIs . I opted for 6 months emi. No Extra tax. Each month I would be paying around 13xxx /- , @ rate 1.xx % interest...

Also I am supposed to get 2 years extra warranty ( making it a total 3 years warranty from date of purchase .. ) ( supposed - use of this word - because the content of the laptop box no where mentions this yet, or I am yet to find it. I will call lenovo dostore tomorrow to reconfirm this )

I did not consider any other products. I wanted a gaming laptop around 70k budger with top cpu and decent gfx. this looked appealing , thanks to [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] who patiently answered quite a few of my queries. Though he didnt let go any chance to let me know that his old laptop is still more powerful than my new one. Which I plan to rectify asap. Can't have him lorde over me.

Things to note ..
The DoStore.com mentions the gfx card as

But once i boot the laptop , the nvidia control panel tells me its GT755M model. lucky me.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/chit-chat/chit-chat/chit-chat/..

Some snaps of the beast ...
Top Side view

Bottoms Up

Keyboard view without power
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/chit-chat/chit-chat/chit-chat/h..

Keyboard all lit up with power on

Keyboard close up

[MENTION=1159]Thor[/MENTION],
Congrats bro..

Quick questions:

- does tht y510p have an SLI? as in factory fit extra 755? :-D (it does say dual 750s..well if its 755 butis it dual again?)

- is that black area/strip in the middle at the bottom of the laptop..are those heat vents? or some kind of porous material?
am looking to get myself a beast machine considering y510p's design..I wonder how's the cooling side of it..:-?

- how abt heat generated? how much temp *C are we seeing on full loads..erm benchmark that beast maybe?

thx bro

Last edited:
Top Bottom