Post your C/C++ Programs Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Suggest me what to do mate??
Try Geany. Make sure your paths are configured, and g++ and gcc works from the command line.

Oh got it mate. Thanks for that.:smile: I will modify the code accordingly.

I guess a switch case to check vowels will do isn't it?
And to do that we have to check each and every character of the string.
Loops will also be needed.

STL will make it much simpler. (Not necessarily most efficient).

somulesnar

Journeyman
@ neuron

sorry buddy actually i was on the wrong path......thnx for making me realise the actual piglatin concept. I will too try my level best to write on the way u told...........

one more help can u plz check out the bubble sort program of mine mentioned earlier and write me the same using recursion......

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@ neuron
one more help can u plz check out the bubble sort program of mine mentioned earlier and write me the same using recursion......

You should not ask someone else to write a program for you if you want to "learn" programming. :|

somulesnar

Journeyman
^^ buddy i have already mentioned that i am a novice in c c++ programming language.

Yet if i am wrong then plz atleast plz suggest me the logic that i shud use for the stated program...

mitraark

Decrepit
^^ buddy i have already mentioned that i am a novice in c c++ programming language.

Yet if i am wrong then plz atleast plz suggest me the logic that i shud use for the stated program...

I know this might feel a little harsh but never try to get your homework done from Net instead if you go through the book trying to find the answer you;ll leanr not only that but many other important things as well.

Since you are trying to get Bubble Sort using recursion , you can definitely start to read up on "Recursion" chapter in the C / C++ Book you got.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
A bit offtopic, but I found this site interesting - Computational Fairy Tales: Posts by Topic

It teaches algorithm like a fairy tales. :)

And this site visualize the different sorting algorithms - Sorting Algorithm Animations

somulesnar

Journeyman
I know this might feel a little harsh but never try to get your homework done from Net instead if you go through the book trying to find the answer you;ll leanr not only that but many other important things as well.

Since you are trying to get Bubble Sort using recursion , you can definitely start to read up on "Recursion" chapter in the C / C++ Book you got.

@ mitraark

if i wud rely mostly on books then for what is this thread made for. It is made for the learners in c and c++ programmers. So if u have learned enough of it then my kind request to u is to plz stop posting unnecessary posts into it. If u r not willing to help then its well and fine.

BTW i didnt ask my prob to u personally i asked to the members who are willing to help me with my prob. So plz stop commenting on others posts.....

mitraark

Decrepit
@ mitraark

if i wud rely mostly on books then for what is this thread made for. It is made for the learners in c and c++ programmers. So if u have learned enough of it then my kind request to u is to plz stop posting unnecessary posts into it. If u r not willing to help then its well and fine.

BTW i didnt ask my prob to u personally i asked to the members who are willing to help me with my prob. So plz stop commenting on others posts.....

I am sorry but i did not mean to have offended you in any way. It is just that the problem you presented is a textbook problem of recursion , probably every book out there that covers Recursion has the answers as an example. So i thought maybe a book will come in handy for you :(

somulesnar

Journeyman
^^ its alright buddy. Actually ur post started of with an irritating take off. U r right in ur point but the thing is that i am on the go so i dont have any books on with me so plz co-operate.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
You don't have books, but you can always google.
Anyway your problem is with recursion concept and just this problem?

somulesnar

Journeyman
^^ yes of course i searched a lot of sites but cant get a proper one for the above program....

All the codes are written in the sites in more or less C++ language wich i am not friendly with. So plz help..

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@ mitraark

Mind you, this thread is NOT made for asking to solve your homework questions directly, without even reading books or searching Google.
People who ask for help without even trying are not *learners*.
I would say, this is a very bad attitude towards learning and towards the community.

And I think you need to read through following link BEFORE you ask any more questions. It would help you in your online stay.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Before asking a technical question by e-mail, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

• Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan to post to.
  • Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
  • Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
  • Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
  • Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
  • Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
  • If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

somulesnar

Journeyman
^^ ok fine i ll first try to sort out tjis question wen i return home then ill post in this thread... till then good bye TDF members....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys....have we gone nuts in the head or what...? How can you ascertain that it is homework which is being requested here. And if it is..? So..? The world has changed, if a problem is assigned to a student the teacher know quite well that external sources can be looked upon. Day of reckoning comes when the person takes a test behind 4 walls.

So let us not be so condescending and try to deter members when they ask queries. I personally have created SQL queries and Excel spreadsheets and MDB DB's for users whose handle ID was all I knew..?

If someone does not want to help, they can at least guide or explain a couple of concepts. Somulesnar, started his post with a decent code snippet, so it is not that he is asking TDF to do the work.

Thanks.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Guys....have we gone nuts in the head or what...? How can you ascertain that it is homework which is being requested here. And if it is..? So..? The world has changed, if a problem is assigned to a student the teacher know quite well that external sources can be looked upon. Day of reckoning comes when the person takes a test behind 4 walls.

So let us not be so condescending and try to deter members when they ask queries. I personally have created SQL queries and Excel spreadsheets and MDB DB's for users whose handle ID was all I knew..?

If someone does not want to help, they can at least guide or explain a couple of concepts. Somulesnar, started his post with a decent code snippet, so it is not that he is asking TDF to do the work.

Thanks.

If it would have been *only* about solving the problem and NOT about learning, then I am 100% agree with you. But I am sure, just solving the problem for someone will not help that someone in learning. Will it?

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^ Exactly - If the OP posts sample code of what he/she has tried and the problems faced, setting them on the right path helps the OP understand where the mistake is and this transforms the original failure to solve the problem into a learning process. When the OP had earlier asked help in sorting out the piglatin problem, there were useful suggestions given to help the OP in getting to the solution. That is the right way to help the OP learn IMHO...

Arun

somulesnar

Journeyman
@ asingh

Thnx a lot sir. The same thing i was trying to convey to the other members but i think they didnt get tht perfectly. Anyways i would try to solve this prob myself and if i cant i will let u know guys....

Cheers....

somulesnar

Answer this.

yes my prob is with the recursion concept of this prob only...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Thanks.

Even i mostly agree to this.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
If it would have been *only* about solving the problem and NOT about learning, then I am 100% agree with you. But I am sure, just solving the problem for someone will not help that someone in learning. Will it?

He had posted some code, so telling him what was wrong would help. :) See if someone has expertise why not tell..?

^^ Exactly - If the OP posts sample code of what he/she has tried and the problems faced, setting them on the right path helps the OP understand where the mistake is and this transforms the original failure to solve the problem into a learning process. When the OP had earlier asked help in sorting out the piglatin problem, there were useful suggestions given to help the OP in getting to the solution. That is the right way to help the OP learn IMHO...

Arun

If at times someone is not getting it..we can nudge him and give more specific answers. That is how it works...at least I thought so when teaching stuff about programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom