Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
c'mon, he is CSE student with freaking 92% in class....

nowadays there are way too many engineering colleges in India and they will admit even a real dog if you tie a bag with fee inside on its back. they will even make sure that the dog passes with very good marks. i have personally seen marks of fail students getting changed to first division marks and more.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Marks is no indication of the person's intellectual capacity. My friend who topped our class, never even tried to install Windows and even after repeatedly teaching him, it was me who did that eventually. So 92% does not mean that he is very good at everything.

And yes, the level of common sense in people is declining over past few years and he is one good example.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Marks is no indication of the person's intellectual capacity. My friend who topped our class, never even tried to install Windows and even after repeatedly teaching him, it was me who did that eventually. So 92% does not mean that he is very good at everything.

And yes, the level of common sense in people is declining over past few years and he is one good example.
Totally agree with him. Toppers in my class can't write a simple program in netbeans and complain about java being hard like wtf.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Totally agree with him. Toppers in my class can't write a simple program in netbeans and complain about java being hard like wtf.

I still remember one incident from my college days. It was 2nd semester and Introduction to OOPS with Java class. We had an test and I was writing simple program where I name one variable as "String rajkumar". End of the period, one of my friend was blasted by our professor, because he copied exactly what I wrote, even without changing the name of the variable. And after asking about this, the reply he gave was epic. "I thought that was part of the program" :facepalm:

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
My college room mate was an IT guy. A 9 pointer. And I had to reinstall windows or configure DC++ for him till 3rd year (me a non IT or CS guy)

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
One of my noobiest friend downloaded a .torrent file and ran it in VLC n said " Tha movie sucks, it doesnt works " . No sense of common , basic IT skills and constantly tops in CS :( me Feeling jealous :|

Rain_moris

Broken In
Thing is most Guys on CS engineering took it as a subject too study not as a madness like us. You can't blame them for those foolishness those thing are never taught to them and also they are not into learning anything new into it. This is why IT and software sector in India are declining this days. Heck some of the best programmers in my college are from mechanical and civil. Even I wanted to study CS but my parents didn't let me to. I was amazed to see the standards of them some didn't even know the short cut to copy past. Good bless them.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
ok i had to post this...............

what is the desktop gpu equivalent to these laptop gpus? - Gtx - Graphics & Displays

for your reference here is the best firestrike mark for 880m i could find.......

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4900MQ,Alienware 0FT9KT

and a normal gtx 770 firestrike mark is ~7500

Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M GPU Tested: How Powerful Is It?

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
One of my noobiest friend downloaded a .torrent file and ran it in VLC n said " Tha movie sucks, it doesnt works " . No sense of common , basic IT skills and constantly tops in CS :( me Feeling jealous :|
I'm more worried about the fact that he could think a movie to be the size of a torrent file and rating the movie bad because it doesn't run. And btw no need to be jealous of kitabi gyaan
Thing is most Guys on CS engineering took it as a subject too study not as a madness like us. You can't blame them for those foolishness those thing are never taught to them and also they are not into learning anything new into it. This is why IT and software sector in India are declining this days. Heck some of the best programmers in my college are from mechanical and civil. Even I wanted to study CS but my parents didn't let me to. I was amazed to see the standards of them some didn't even know the short cut to copy past. Good bless them.
When we had to choose side subject for class 11th, everyone was going for CS, after I asked why they were taking it, they replied ki bhai boht suna hai CS ke baare men, isiliye le rha hun.
I couldn't get CS due to overflow of students in CS section. It's now filled with people who top in science and maths and fail in CS :facepalm:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
ok i had to post this...............

what is the desktop gpu equivalent to these laptop gpus? - Gtx - Graphics & Displays

for your reference here is the best firestrike mark for 880m i could find.......

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4900MQ,Alienware 0FT9KT

and a normal gtx 770 firestrike mark is ~7500

Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M GPU Tested: How Powerful Is It?
Common thing. Many people go with the numbering, ignoring the 'm'. Same for Intel's 'k'.

When we had to choose side subject for class 11th, everyone was going for CS, after I asked why they were taking it, they replied ki bhai boht suna hai CS ke baare men, isiliye le rha hun.
I couldn't get CS due to overflow of students in CS section. It's now filled with people who top in science and maths and fail in CS :facepalm:

Most of the CS students don't have passion like we geeks do....
They just go with flow , hearing CS has good scope and money, but end up in testing unit in the IT companies...

moniker

Broken In
Probably because 2 Megabits/second is what is planned but 2 MegaBytes per second is what is denoted. To be fair it could simply be a typing/autocorrect mistake. Further only the really technically savvy people will know the difference.

Well, 1 byte (B) = 8 bits (b) was something I studied as part of my primary school education.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
^^ you can't change marks to 92%..
and plus its government college....

you just made me laugh like anything. after having worked for over a decade in Academic sector, i personally know and have seen way too many people doing unimaginable things and that includes Prominent government University & colleges HODs, Professors and readers. i have seen answer sheets changing in the same class, marks increase and at many instances decreased as well. people decide in classes / courses who will be number 1 and 2 & so on and then adjust marks. nobody (including me) believes this until personally sees this.
the day i realized i had enough, i left the job and academics.

amjath

Human Spambot
Not so dumb.
Today when I was working, 2 guys were talking behind me. All of sudden one guy said "Lenovo bought Motorola"
What he said was right, acquisition completed today but he said like everything happened today. was like :facepalm: its a old news

Top Bottom