Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Before I got into computers, I used to think that 'internet security' softwarer work only with internet connection and protect only from malware coming from internet.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
In digit magazine -Jan 14 edition,they have suggested CM thunder 450w psu for mid range gaming rig :facepalm:

Atleast Corsair cxv2 430w or antec vp450p should have been suggested.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
In digit magazine -Jan 14 edition,they have suggested CM thunder 450w psu for mid range gaming rig :facepalm:

They have been suggestions CM extremes for a long time. :p

Nerevarine

Incarnate
A friend of mine said Hyper threading was introduced with the Intel Ivy Bridge processors..
When I said it's very old technology, even Pentium 4 with HT had that, he said he had qualified for final round of TCS IT wiz.. Who knows more ?
I was like :O
*fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/288/3/c/nothing_to_do_here_by_rober_raik-d4cxltj.png
BONUS: Also he said the reason I wasnt able to install hackintosh on my ultrabook is because my processor was x86.. Apple doesnt support x86 based processors :lol::lol:
(The real reason is because there is no DSDT for my laptop's motherboard)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
A friend of mine said Hyper threading was introduced with the Intel Ivy Bridge processors..
When I said it's very old technology, even Pentium 4 with HT had that, he said he had qualified for final round of TCS IT wiz.. Who knows more ?
BONUS: Also he said the reason I wasnt able to install hackintosh on my ultrabook is because my processor was x86.. Apple doesnt support x86 based processors :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

ASHISH65

Technomancer

:lol:

ask him what is hyperthreading ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

There are huge inconsistencies in Gaming rigs suggested by Digit Mag..
Seriously who the hell spends 40k for "Entry Level Gaming PC" without a GPU
They clearly dont care about warranty also, suggesting brands like XFX but we all know going for XFX is :twisted:

RBX

In the zone

Just yesterday, the Digit FB page posted how S4's octa-core would drop jaw after seeing nvidia Tegra K1's 192 core, they later deleted the post after being pointed out their mistake.

Reading the thread from start, great stuff. :D

In the lab, I'm trolling the noobs of my batch about a newly "leaked" Windows 9 by showing them Linux Mint :rofl:.
I remember trolling my noob batchmates by connecting a monitor to VGA port and 'magically' transferring items from laptop to monitor.

SG: I have been selling laptops for 3 years.
Me: so you've been fooling people for 3 years.
:doublethumb:

Totally reminds me of answers by my classmates who mostly top the class.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Why Android smartphones consume more data - The Times of India

Android smartphones are kind of like Hummers. Reminiscent of the oversize, gas-guzzling SUV's, Androids have the biggest screens and tend to use much more data than other types of smartphones, including iPhones. And that higher data usage could rack up heftier phone bills.

So why does Android use more data? The reasons are multifold. The most obvious is that Android phones tend to have the largest screens, so they download bigger files and video with more pixels, says Chetan Sharma , a telecom analyst.

Another factor is that Android is less efficient at managing apps than Apple's iOS. For instance, multiple Android apps may be running in the background with things like location data being collected, he said.

Also, Android users typically don't upgrade their operating systems as frequently as iOS users, so their smartphones may not receive fixes improving data management, he said.

:facepalm::facepalm::banghead:

Top Bottom