Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

Hello everyone. As you all know that the previous similar thread was deleted locked and there is no places to post your daily encounter with Einstein's relatives :p, so here am I (re-) starting this thread as I believe and many of you would agree that the original thread was a great stress-buster. So, let the dumbness be presented!!!

I'll start with an Incident I faced a few days back:

In our college's internet lab is a lab in-charge who is a veteran eBay seller and networking expert. he asked me to look up something on the web which I did. On getting the results, he came to my PC and asked where is that term written? I said "search it" and he started scrolling the page and read it line by line looking for the term. I said second time "use search feature", to which he replied: 'this is not IE, its chrome,, there is no find option. See, there is no menu bar for selecting find option".

that guy didn't knew about Ctrl + F.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
my college has bought some new workstations for computer labs.
the config written on box:
core i7-****K (forgot the model no) :doublethumb:
2 GB ddr3 RAM @1333 Mhz :facepalm:
16x dvd player.
(some noob must've ordered this)

In the lab, I'm trolling the noobs of my batch about a newly "leaked" Windows 9 by showing them Linux Mint :rofl:.

Lab incharge Sir (L.S.): this new system is unable to write cd's.
Person responsible to get those systems up and running (P.I.): maine abhi isme nero install nahi kiya hai. Ek bar install kar dunga to cd dvd sab kuch write kar dega. kya apke computer me nero ka setup hai?
Me (to L.S.): sir, dvd writer nhi hai isme, faltu nero par time waste mar kariye.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
In my college, 70% of the faculty is pursuing mtech from the same college itself. They have a subject 'parallel computing' in which they are also taught about gpu computing. Now the best part is, even after clearing the semester, everything thinks gpus are available only in the form of clusters costing lakhs of rupees. When I told them that I had an nvidia gpu earlier, they were shocked as hell. They still dont know know that a graphic card contains a gpu.

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ Nice ideas. :p

This had happened some weeks ago. A BSNL line-man had come to my house to replace the wire(there was a problem of frequent disconnections due to high attenuation and horribly low SNR values). But after connecting the new wires, I wasn't able to connect to the internet. When I asked the guy, why am not able to connect to the internet, he replied - "Abhi bijli nahi aa rahi hai na. Isliye aap connect nahi kar sakte. Jaise hi bijli aa jayegi, connect ho jaega."

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
You are expecting a line man to speak SNR, attenuation? or a person who have knowledge about networking to work as BSNL line man?

Vignesh B

Youngling
You are expecting a line man to speak SNR, attenuation? or a person who have knowledge about networking to work as BSNL line man?
Lol, no. I complain to the SDO only. He sends the line-man To the line man, I just say - There is too much "noise" and he replaces the wire.
This happens during every rainy season.

Flash

Lost in speed
Read this one :rofl:

Computer Forums - View Single Post - SATA Harddrive lifespan?
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Look at his signature..
Some rich noob.. :|

Nue

I don't know if you guys have seen this but.... Vishwa Bandhu Gupta: Cloud computing is great...but what if it rains? (Accurate English Subtitles) - YouTube

Flash

Lost in speed
Ok. This happened today, when i was in lift.There was a girl and boy, beside me who was chatting..Boy: Hey, that looks cool. (looking at her mobile). Is that BADA os?Girl: What? why're you speaking in Hindi suddenly? Its android..me: (waiting for lift door to open with suppressed smile).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Ok. This happened today, when i was in lift.There was a girl and boy, beside me who was chatting..Boy: Hey, that looks cool. (looking at her mobile). Is that BADA os?Girl: What? why're you speaking in Hindi suddenly? Its android..me: (waiting for lift door to open with suppressed smile).

Bade acche lagte hain :mrgreen:

Top Bottom