Post mathematic related questions here

Vignesh B

Youngling
135 min.
I don't know if this question is really this easy. My experience with Maths tells me that, if it is too easy, then probably my answer is wrong. :p
Anyway, by applying pythagoras theorem, we can find the third route back to hive which comes to 50min. √(30² + 40²) = 50
Then by adding all the times taken, 30+5+40+10+50 = 135

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
135 min.
I don't know if this question is really this easy. My experience with Maths tells me that, if it is too easy, then probably my answer is wrong. :p
Anyway, by applying pythagoras theorem, we can find the third route back to hive which comes to 50min. √(30² + 40²) = 50
Then by adding all the times taken, 30+5+40+10+50 = 135

I also think the same
But ans is "less than 1 hour"

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ Can you verify the answer from somewhere else also?
Because the total flying time of 40+30 min cannot be neglected by any means which itself amounts for more than an hour. :/

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
How about ignoring the waiting time...? Then the answer will be < an hour

The question is 'How long was the bee away from its hive?' not 'How much time does the bee take to travel the whole distance?'

If a friend asks you 'How far is your home from the XY centre..?' , he meant the distance/time taken for him, or in general...not the time/distance taking for you to return home, during which you take several halts for buying stuff, looking at women., :p

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
^^ Can you verify the answer from somewhere else also?
Because the total flying time of 40+30 min cannot be neglected by any means which itself amounts for more than an hour. :/

I think, there is some problem in ans key
Answer is definitely 135 mins
It will be clear in a week time(when original result will out)

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

*img824.imageshack.us/img824/5669/3cwi.png

Plz explain your answer

(Also you can ask your mathematics related questions or queries
we will try to solve them)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you can use following mathematic symbols(just do copy and paste)
£ ω ∴ ∂ Φ γ δ μ σ Є Ø Ω ∩ ≈ ≡ ≈ ≅ ≠ ≤ ≥ • ~ ± ∓ ∤ ◅∈ ∉ ⊆ ⊂ ∪ ⊥ ô ∫ Σ → ∞ Π Δ Ψ Γ ∮ ∇∂ √ °α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ ν ξ ο π ρ σ τ υ φ χ ψ
x⁰ ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷ ⁸ ⁹ ⁺ ⁻ ⁿ
x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

Niilesh

Padawan
is it the 2nd option?

i used angle of incident = angle of reflection = 45°

so in the isocelecs triangle formed by joining the points of contact and cente of hemisphere the value of base = 2 * R/cos45° = R*2^ (1/2)

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
is it the 2nd option?

i used angle of incident = angle of reflection = 45°

so in the isocelecs triangle formed by joining the points of contact and cente of hemisphere the value of base = 2 * R/cos45° = R*2^ (1/2)
Absolutely right

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/83/iecq.png

Plz explain your answer

£ ω ∴ ∂ Φ γ δ μ σ Є Ø Ω ∩ ≈ ≡ ≈ ≅ ≠ ≤ ≥ • ~ ± ∓ ∤ ◅∈ ∉ ⊆ ⊂ ∪ ⊥ ô ∫ Σ → ∞ Π Δ Ψ Γ ∮ ∇∂ √ °α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ ν ξ ο π ρ σ τ υ φ χ ψ
x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

rohanz

Journeyman
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

Plz explain your answer

x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

120 ants?

Niilesh

Padawan
Hmmm... that's a question of kinematics not of pure maths. But I have forgotten how to solve that kind of questions only thing i can remember is that we use relative motion in it. I think its time to take out my 11th notes......

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

*img585.imageshack.us/img585/9980/t2ts.png

Plz explain your answer

x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

Niilesh

Padawan
^ 17.5
I think this expression would be enough for explanation -> (360/12) * 35/60 = 17.5

NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

Plz explain your answer

x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋
IMO the question is wrong as length of ant is not given and length of a point is undefined also a line consists of infinite no. of points so already infinite no. of ants would be present on the line AB

BTW I got answer = 240 [((60*2)*2] with some assumptions

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/5720/y32v.png

Plz explain your answer

x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

Ans is 50 mins. (<1 hr)
explanation
Untitled.jpg
no by pythagoras theorem 3 rd side is 50 meters so it means 50 min..

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
^ 17.5
I think this expression would be enough for explanation -> (360/12) * 35/60 = 17.5
Ans and explanation are correct

^ 17.5

IMO the question is wrong as length of ant is not given and length of a point is undefined also a line consists of infinite no. of points so already infinite no. of ants would be present on the line AB

BTW I got answer = 240 [((60*2)*2] with some assumptions

Ans is correct
What are the assumptions ?

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

*img849.imageshack.us/img849/2030/6ka.png

Plz explain your answer

x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

*img849.imageshack.us/img849/2030/6ka.png

Plz explain your answer

₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

Ans : 20

1 term for each of x1.. x20

OP
rst

rst

Youngling
NEW OBJECTIVE QUESTION

*img69.imageshack.us/img69/2893/80a.png

Plz explain your answer

x₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋

Top Bottom