**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
as i guessed right, now my speed is not exceeding 1.8 Mbps and i am getting an avg b/w speed around 1.7 Mbps.........earlier in the morning it was fluctuating between 2-4 Mbps and once it shook to 6 Mbps..........but for a few hours now its around 1.7 Mbps which is right acc to my plan
so still i am a happy man :D

*www.speedtest.net/result/486968771.png

darpanmehta

Right off the assembly line
"Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server" Please help

I just got my 999 unlimited broadband plan and the MTNL guy has installed the modem (SAM 300 AX Sterlite) and done some settings - I run Vista on my laptop. However, I have been unable to connect to the internet. When I double click on the LAN connection in the system tray, it shows that the access is Local ONly and when i RAN A diagnostic its says, "It cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server 203.94.227.70). Can you please guide on how to resolve this ?

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
try changing the dns to :
primary : 208.67.222.222
alternate : 208.67.220.220

or

primary : 59.185.0.50
alternate : 203.94.227.70

technical_guy

How to connect multiple computers to the mtnl router?

How to connect multiple computers to the mtnl router?
How to configure the indivdual PC's in order to access net from all 4 connected computers (4 computers since the mtnl router has 4 slots).

Pls let me knw how to go about..

Last edited:

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
Guys i got my connection yesterday. Mine is 512 unlimited one.
Problem is that i can browse smoothly but none of my torrents are workin. Please help.

ballistictushar

Hello Friends
I m too MTNL triband customer from Mumbai and currently using plan 599 unlimited with speed of 512 Kbps..

My problem is that i m getting 512 Kbps speed while checking through speed test but while download files from few sites (like filehippo) i m not able to get proper download speed..say from 2Kbps to 10 Kbps :shock:

but while downloading from sites like google(gtalk, picasa) or from nokia (pc suite or another) i get speed upto 60 Kbps. :confused:

when i try to contact 1504 they are unable to solve my query they say we have no idea about sites check ur speed on mumbai.mtnl.in

even i tried to cross check that whether particular sites may having problem but my friend who lives in another area but having same connection doesn't face any such problem, even tried after formating my pc then also nuthing worked. :duh2:

Please help me..where exactly problem is.

I m using Dlink 2640U and tried both the ways..by ethernet and by wireless same problem exist.:banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

*www.speedtest.net/result/796199534.png

masoomac

Hi All, Thanks in advance for help and advice on this...

Current set up:

ISP:
MTNL, Mumbai, Thane region.

Hardware:
1 PC, 1 laptop. D-Link, DSL-502T router (modem), SMC WBR14-G wifi router. PC connected to wifi router with lan cable and laptop connects through wifi router.

Problem:
Frequent disconnection (every 10 mins) even though ADSL line is lit steadily and all other lights functioning normally.

Observations:
The DSL-502T router settings automatically resets from PPPOE to bridged mode. So if we manually restart adsl router and then change setting to PPPOE internet connectivity starts and goes on for about 10 mins to half hour. Then back to square one.

Current solution:
We now have connected DSL-502T router directly to PC with lan cable and set router to bridged mode. This is working fine and even connection drops the redial option is activated and we nearly have continous connectivity.

Why we still need a SOLUTION:
The current solution means that i have no internet on my laptop (coz bridge mode doesn't work with the SMC wifi router and only if pc is directly connected to the DSL-502T). :-( :-(

Please guide!
Warm regards

shank_linux

Hi,
i am able to do port forwarding . but when i try to access my from outside my network. with my live ip. i get default page of the mtnl which we normally get when we ping
http //192.168.1.1
So, how to hide it some one old me that the setting has to be done on ACL section of the mtnl.
Please guide me, My exams are near and i want to display my website hosted to the college. I want to host this website and later remotely access it so as to complete my "server maintenance on Linux" project.

Your reply is my 2nd step when i would be able to access my website from other n/w and not now

Thanx

Top Bottom