**Post All Cellphone Related Queries Here**

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Anyone plz ans this
1. Which Other fones can be used to play with N-gage via BT?

2. Does card reader essentially req for t/f data to memorycard... or other method is available like BT?

3. N gage QD - will req other things also, 128 MMC-Card, card reader, or other?
Can you plz. give the detailed price?
Also, i have heard that it cant support more than 128MB.. if it does the Phone slows down.

4. What r the things 2 b kept in mind while buying memory card!

Also i wanna know, Nokia N-gage QD is little old now, it has Symbian OS 6.1, ....
I probably req. a MP3 ringtone, BT and Symbian OS.
Shall i wait for sometime n take 3230 latter that has Symbian OS 7.0 and Series 60 v2.0,
I am not much into camera thing, ... but I like Big Screen.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
rollcage said:
Also i wanna know, Nokia N-gage QD is little old now, it has Symbian OS 6.1, ....
I probably req. a MP3 ringtone, BT and Symbian OS.
Shall i wait for sometime n take 3230 latter that has Symbian OS 7.0 and Series 60 v2.0,
I am not much into camera thing, ... but I like Big Screen.
Symbian 6 and symbian 7 OS does not matter much.. actually there is not much of any difference. So don't go by that logic.

Also 3230 is not a good phone..i know ppl who have used it and said it has some limitations.. the processor is slower than even 6600, bad keypads..but still if u like the phone u can go for it.

I guess 3230 and n gage almost has the same LCD size; there is not much of any difference.

rollcage said:
N gage QD - will req other things also, 128 MMC-Card, card reader, or other?
Just see the nokia n gage page.. u will know wht all accessories that we get with this phone.

And regarding the MMC thing..just see this thread ..previous pages.. i have posted abt tht. :D

khandu

In the zone
@superwiz
Nokia 6230i Mumbai rate Rs. 13000 dealer warrenty

@rohanwadhwa
I think i answered this in some post.. depends on ur use.. cause really there is a Symbian diff and other things come under consideration..

K750i = Rs. 18700 ( will original warrenty )
Nokia 7710 = Rs. 20500 ( Dealer warrenty )
Nokia 6630 = Rs. 16700 ( Dealer Warrenty )

All are mumbai rates

@rollcage
I have owned all the cells i have mentioned above and Nokia 3230.. 3230 is an awesome cell according to me.. all the features in 1.. keypad is not that bad according to me + the joystick does work very will and helpful in games.. I didnt like the Ngage QD.. older one was much better...

Nokia 3230 = Rs. 14700 ( Dealer Warrenty )

Plz do not PM me.. I cannot reply due to warning.. email me..

PS : All Prices are estimate ... Dont get onto my case for pricing now.. ;)

supernova

Mr. S Nova
->N gage QD has a 4 k display whereas 3230 has 65k display.
->N gage QD has much better speaker than 3230. however both are mono.
-> N gage QD costs half of 3230's current price.
-> 3230 is really slow.
-> 3230 has FM where as N Gage QD don't. (but the price diff is simply too much)

khandu

In the zone
U are right BUT

1) 3230 is not that slow as u ppl are making it sound
2) 3230 has 1.3 MP camera ( dont know what it can come into use ).. really helps
3) weighs less than QD
4) has Infrared
5) has pop-port.. hot these days.. so many addons come on pop-port
6) has MP3 and FM player .. QD does not
7) QD original games cost hell..
8) Newer JAVA technology..
9) Has EDGE technology ( future proof )

anyways i like the old Ngage too :p

HellGuardian

Broken In
about k700i

is there any firmware upgrade in order to remove the 510 limit in phonebook in k700i? so that it is limited only by phone memory?

allajunaki

Journeyman
See.. all Series 60 phones have standard resolution of 176x208(Exception : Sendo X series).
So Nokia 7650,N-gage,nGage QD,3650,3660,6600,3230,6680 (and multitude of Nokia smart phones in between) all run on this resolution.
Ofcourse Colors supported and Quality of screens Vary a LOT(I mean Quality is very very varied from low end to high end phones in nokia).
But I doubt the Physical dimensions of the screen will vary, coz they are all same res (Given the same res, if the screen is bigger it will only make things blurred).

And One more thing. Ngage runs on 106Mhz processor with series 60 V1.
3230 runs on 120Mhz proc. with series 60 v2
Technically V2 has some speed enchancement though its more heavy on ram coz of theme support.
So my guess is that 3230 will be faster than ngage.

khandu

In the zone
wow.. ncie info..

see.. i said 3230 is not as slow as ppl have depicted it here.. and upgrades keep comin..

HellGuardian

Broken In
finally, k700i

hey guys, ive found the price of k700i in patna is 11300, is it ok? im goin to buy it tomorrow. plz reply soon. and what will be the cost of a bluetooth dongle?

drgrudge

Yeah it's ok and resonable. Get it.

A BlueTooth dongle of range 10mt will cost around 800 and the same with 100mt range will cost around 1800.

khandu

In the zone
Re: finally, k700i

HellGuardian said:
hey guys, ive found the price of k700i in patna is 11300, is it ok? im goin to buy it tomorrow. plz reply soon. and what will be the cost of a bluetooth dongle?

Dude.. too expensive if not from showroom... u can get it much cheaper.. I have lived in Patna.. very expensive in terms of electronics cause shopkeers take the customer as a fool..

If grey market price u can get it cheaper too...

@drgrudge

Dude.. 100M bluetooth is just 1000 bucks.. good quality brand..

drgrudge

Re: finally, k700i

khandu said:
@drgrudge

Dude.. 100M bluetooth is just 1000 bucks.. good quality brand..
Hmm.. I was reffering to the price at Nokia priority dealer and some original one with a BOX and a warranty. 8)

drgrudge

Yeah , see khandu you were reffering to some local make or duplicate walla.

At Nokia it's 995rs :D

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
problems with sony ericsson chargers

now i have a prb with SE charger too! whenever i move my cell (k508i) when its charging, d charging stops for a moment n OPTIMISED CHARGING appears on d screen. dat means u r not supposed to move ur cell when its charging? my cousin has a j200i n evn hez got d same prb. i guess SE phones r a definite NO NO coz dey fail to deliver wht matters d most... gud reception quality and gud battery life

allajunaki

Journeyman
@Akshay.. ur chager's Pin is loose.. they should be a tight fit... A loose charger pin indicates Incorrect insertion and removal/or very old charger.
Well.. from what i have heard... from K700 on the SE reception has improved drastically.. Im on a relativley older generation P910i. interestingly,My phone can get recetion in my elevator when my dad's 9300 fails.

And hey dont blame poor battrey life.. All color screen Phones with nice bright display and lots of jingles are bound to suck up more battrey. want awesome battrey life?? Go Get a Nokia 5110, Lasts for weeks on a single charge. or realistically something like 3310 or something(SE's T610 also had amazing battrey life of 3 days ,considering its huge display and all)......

drgrudge

Re: problems with sony ericsson chargers

Akshay said:
i guess SE phones r a definite NO NO coz dey fail to deliver wht matters d most... gud reception quality and gud battery life
Hmm.. yes SE has better LCD screens so only the battery is bad. Yes, I still come across ppl who have used Nokia and then SE and say SE battery sucks.

And even the signal reception is poor..yes we cant find a reason for it. Even phone like k700i got this problem, we cant talk inside our house whereas we can use a Nokia perfectly :D

suave_guy

pedal to metal
i dont think signal reception is a prob with k700i...i can talk easliy inside house(it always shows full signals), and even in basements its pretty good, comparable to my older nokia 6610i...

ENjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom