**Post All Cellphone Related Queries Here**

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
If we put games aside..
Guys how is the mp3 playback of Ngage-qd ... I think it does require software for that! but... Is it really worth playing Songs n mp3 ringtones?

neet_online

Broken In
Ya actually the memory thing was what i was thinking of.........k300 and k500 have so less memory that hardly any1 will be able 2 use the mp3 player seriously . So is sony simply trying to lure customers ?? . It is to be noted that LG G1800 gives 60 MB!!! USB disc and to my knowledge k500 has only 12 MB so where do they expect us 2 put all the images videos and songs ??????

neet_online

Broken In
Iam not sure abt this (plz correct me if iam wrong ) but i have heard that LG gives a good stereophonic headset free with their MP3 sets . Is such an accessory available with the k300i ?????

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
rollcage said:
If we put games aside..
Guys how is the mp3 playback of Ngage-qd ... I think it does require software for that! but... Is it really worth playing Songs n mp3 ringtones?
N gage QD dont has a mp3 playback but we can install a software which can do the job. It's called "Ultra mp3 player". The sounds are mono and not stereo but it's loud enough and the quality is ok.

neet_online said:
Ya actually the memory thing was what i was thinking of.........k300 and k500 have so less memory that hardly any1 will be able 2 use the mp3 player seriously . So is sony simply trying to lure customers ?? . It is to be noted that LG G1800 gives 60 MB!!! USB disc and to my knowledge k500 has only 12 MB so where do they expect us 2 put all the images videos and songs ??????
Hmm.. k500i's 11mb and not 12mb if i am correct. And LG 1800 has 64mb :D

Still we can store some 2 songs in very good quality and some 5-7 songs in ok quality in k500i.

Yes, IMO LG 1800 is a far good model than SE500i.

allajunaki

Journeyman
See...
Here is the deal.
K500i has a better Screen and better interface,.. but low on memory and hence mp3 playback is linmited...
The reason K500i having a player is just beacuse they use a modified K700i Firmware.. the real reason for MP3 on k500 is basically for Mp3 Tonez...
So.. if MP3 playback is priority 1. then Lg is a good deal. But Lg's screen is pretty bad, from what i have heard.. the display has lot of difficulty in reproducing the colors vivd....

Funny if u think of it.. all models in market are all bloody compromises... SE phones are good with most having stereo playback and good displays.. but none are smartphones(barring p series) and very few have memory expansion.
Nokia's got all smartphones and memory upgradablity , but MONO sounds.. and all displays are stuck @ 170x240 res(symbian Series 60's native res).

Why cant they make a Smart Phone with Good big display and Stereo playback, memory expansion ??? (Hell even communicators are mono sound, except Nokia 6680,6681 and 6230)... Only phone with all criterea is basically P910i and P900 and p800 (208x320 Display, Memory Expansion, and Stereo playback) but P-series mighty expensive and no one will ever use all its features..

drgrudge

allajunaki said:
But Lg's screen is pretty bad, from what i have heard.. the display has lot of difficulty in reproducing the colors vivd....
I have seen this 1800, it's screen LCD is OK, but we may find it difficult to see when we use it under sunlight.. also it got 265k color screen.
Even 1600 with it's 65k color screen is not that bad.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
drgrudge said:
N gage QD dont has a mp3 playback but we can install a software which can do the job. It's called "Ultra mp3 player". The sounds are mono and not stereo but it's loud enough and the quality is ok.

Ok if it has Symbi-60 then the avec gprs radio can also be installed.
Then is it fine to go for it .. or Is there any better fone is comin in near future with these features in the same price range.

drgrudge

No N gage QD has a rare combination of BT-symbian-game deck. And there is always better phones hiting the market.. so no point in waiting.. if u like the phone ..then go for it.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Ya you are right ...
i checked the price it is for Rs.7350 with bill, btw wat is the price of E398.
but i hav to take it in 10-15 days time.. so i am lookin at options..
i was thinkin if any nokia fone is comin with BT-Symbian that can fairly play mp3.

drgrudge

E398 will cost around 9k or even less.

Nokia 3660 also is a BT-Symbian which can play MP3 with this ultra mp3 player. It costs around 10k.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Also i dont want a camera ....

n 3660 is very bakwas fone.

1.Which Other fones can be used to play with N-gage via BT?

2.Does card reader essentially req for t/f data to it... or other method is available?

3.N gage QD - will req other things also, 256 MMC-Card, card reader, or other?
. Can you plz. give the detailed price?

suave_guy

pedal to metal
Sony Ericsson K750:
Better Camera.
Better Screen.
Better Multimedia and sound quality for mp3/AAC playback.
Better speakerphone.
Better Navigation

Nokia 6630:
Better connectivity(EDGE).
Better battery life.
Better Keypad.
Symbian.
Better capability for playing 3D games.
Memory expansion card more cheaper.

overall:
K750i...7/10
6630...7.3/10

ENjoy....

Hi all,

Here's a bit of self promotion. Go up one level and read my review on the Sendo X.

Don't forget to leave your comments, praises, death threats etc. ;-)

Cheers,
Keith

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
Hey guys, wat about Nokia 7710?? I think it has almost everything and is priced the same as K750i and lesser than Nokia 6630 ??It is availale for Rs 20,000 /- here in D'dun with bill and warranty.

drgrudge

@superwiz,
6230i is a good phone and has many cool multimedia features.. though it's not a symbian.
I might cost around 16-17k.

@rohanwadhwa,
7710 costs around 23k with bill in nokia store and k750i is 20k in SE store. Still there might be difference.
6630 costs only 18.5k , so thats cheaper than both of these phones :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom