Portable Firefox 1.0 -> Now carry ur Firefox wherever u go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[deXter]

Journeyman
Portable Firefox is a fully functional package of Firefox optimized for use on a USB key drive. It has some specially-selected optimizations to make it perform faster and extend the life of your USB key as well as a specialized launcher that will allow most of your favorite extensions to work as you switch computers. It will also work from a CDRW drive (in packet mode), ZIP drives, external hard drives, some MP3 players, flash RAM cards and more.

This is an unofficial package. It is an official build, but has been modified and a specialized launcher added to make extensions portable. No warranty is expressed or implied.

To install, just download the ZIP and unzip it to the root directory of your USB drive. It will create a "firefox" directory and all the requisite directories underneath. To use Firefox on your drive, launch it with the PortableFirefox.exe file in the firefox directory. DO NOT launch the firefox.exe file directly, as this will create a profile on your hard drive or use an existing one. Additionally, be sure you've closed any local copies of Firefox and that they've finished shutting down. Otherwise, a new window of your local install will be launched. This is a feature of Firefox itself to prevent multiple copies running at the same time.

Made by: John T. Haller
Size: 6.3 MB

*i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/dl/glb/dl_lg_dlnow.gif Download Now

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
At 3 o Clock in the night you posted this cool messege....Is net your world Dexy....??? :lol: :lol:
Well finally a really comforting news for people who switch computer and miss firefox everywhere...especially netcafes who still are averse to firefox...

swatkat

Technomancer
Wow, that's a cool software!By the way,how Reg entries are done, that is whenever we open the program there should have to be previous Reg. entry of that program or else it will be created as soon as we open the program.So,if we use firefox in USB drive,whenever we open it,will a Reg. entry be created or not? if yes,we will be left with waste and obsolete Reg. entrie once we remove USB Drive.

OP
D

[deXter]

Journeyman
Nah, theres no need for reg entries to be made. Firefox only creates the reg entries during installation- and that too for other programs. Because other programs like Flash installer, Java installer etc depend on the reg entries of firefox to know that firefox is installed, and where its installed. So you wont face any problem as such..

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
wow...that is so cool.....i regularly have 2 use library computers and i have 2 carry my files on a USB drive.....im gonna download that right now....

effyouseakay

Broken In
Well,This seems to be an Answer to my Prayers :D
I recently Switched Cities and Haven't yet Got my PC.So am all the While Browsing (Which I Do a Lot Of) at Net Cafes.And Firefox being a Favourite,Whichever Cafe i go to,I Install Firefox and ALL The extensions that I Use.Now you can Guess what a PITA that can be :(
In Cafes like Reliance WebWorld,they have Mozilla but each time I login,I have to reinstall the Extensions :?

So is this Portable Firefox the Manna-from-heaven in Answer to my Prayers?? Well,Not Quite :cry: :cry:
Firstly,Most Cafes Do not Have USB-Drives.And those that do have Vehemently Deny to run any applications from it and agree to only Transfer of files from PC To the Drive & Not the Other way round :evil: :evil:

So,Is there any Alternative which,say,stores all my Extensions & Preferences on a Location in the web and which I Can Export onto any Machine Runing Firefox,Just by a Few Clicks?If there is,it'd be a real Godsent for me..........If not,I Pray that MozDev might take up this project....

effyouseakay

Broken In
Portable Firefox Version 1.0.6 is Currently Available.
Portable Firefox is a fully functional package of the Mozilla Firefox web browser optimized for use on a USB key drive. It has some specially-selected optimizations to make it perform faster and extend the life of your USB key as well as a specialized launcher that will allow most of your favorite extensions to work as you switch computers. It will also work from a CDRW drive (in packet mode), ZIP drives, external hard drives, some MP3 players, flash RAM cards and more (Note: It will not run from read-only media like a CD-R, but Portable Firefox Live will).

*i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/dl/glb/dl_lg_dlnow.gif Download Now

Full Text Can be Found Here

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
BUT!!!!!

I work in a company with highspeed internet connection.

I luv Firefox but can't use it here ('cause I have no admin privileges i can't download and install software...)

So i tried dldin Portable FF and running on the system...

Although the browser is able to open intranet pages... I'm not able to access webpages in the internet... like yahoo...

Why is this happening? I tried many options like "Connection Settings" to auto-detection... but nuthin works... I'm able to access intranet not internet...

Can anythin be done... if yes how... do i have any alternatives...

NEED HELP DESPERATELY

Also does opera have a portable version...

Please reply here...

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
well koolbluez, i guess u gotta enter da proxy address in da connection settings alongwith da port no. u can get it frm da IE connection settings. BTW folks, even Portable Thunderbird 1.0.2 is available.i 4got da link,but u can get it frm www.majorgeeks.com

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well the Portable Firefox 1.5 (USB Drive-Friendly) has been relised.... it also has a new home now...

*portableapps.com/apps/internet/browsers/portable_firefox/

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
OPERA PORTABLE

Both portable and usb leave no trace behind in the computer they are used. No registry changes or anything.

Portable - This one can be used from a cd or usb.

Usb - This use can be used from a usb. Obviously you can replcae the default files with your custom ones like wand.dat, toolbar.ini, keyboard.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom