Popular torrent release group YIFY has shut down permanently

quagmire

Allllright !
Pretty old news, I was wondering why there was no discussion on TDF, so created this thread.

PS: I have PM'd the mods, its safe to create this thread.

Source : *torrentfreak.com/yify-yts-shuts-down-the-end-of-a-piracy-icon-151030/

*torrentfreak.com/yts-yify-signs-unprecedented-settlement-with-mpaa-151105/

Reddit thread *www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/3qvywx/yifyyts_has_shut_down_for_good/

RIP Yify :-(

Karan85

Broken In
On a related note. Stay away from eztv. It was hacked. It is being run by people who took the site over and locked the owner out. They also redirect to a site claiming to be yify.. that is fake too.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
On a related note. Stay away from eztv. It was hacked. It is being run by people who took the site over and locked the owner out. They also redirect to a site claiming to be yify.. that is fake too.

Really ? Man that's my goto site for TV shows.any alternatives ?

Karan85

Broken In
*torrentfreak.com/eztv-shuts-down-after-hostile-takeover-150518/
Popular TV-torrent distribution group EZTV is no more. After losing key domain names and data in a hostile takeover, EZTV founder NovaKing has called it quits. The group's retirement marks the end of an era in which the EZTV brand became synonymous with TV-torrents.

EZTV was just a hosting site. Very convenient.. and it will be missed.. but all the torrents are easily available on kickass or any other torrent site.
Its easy to get it if you know what you want..
Discovery will be a lot harder though.

I'm staying away from eztv though.

ankushv

Journeyman
I have audio lag on my redmi note 4g,moto g and blu win hd lte when playing x265 720p videos on mx player as well as the stock player the phones mentioned above came with . Switched back to x264 480p or 720p .

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Yeah they are smallest but playback is not as smooth as x264 in mobile devices.
Well my Xperia Z plays x265 1080p with ease on CM 12.1

And most devices with cm 12.1 have the ability to play hevc with he decoder in MX

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That's not them. Someone just using their name.
Same people who took over EZTV.

I'd stay away from both

:shock: But the general public would never know the difference! Like I was using that all this time!! :shock:

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Those who are looking for yify substitutes should check out shaanig rips. Alternatively you can also look for utr rips if you're okay with 10 bit x265 hevc encodes.

Top Bottom