Poor video quality on W700i

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah, i use the walkman for only mp3 files as there is not much advantage of viewing the video thru walkman. u can't pause and resume it whenever u can.

a possible solution to ur problem:

the walkman brand of phones allow u to view pictures/videos in fullscreen, either vertically or horizontally. the fullscreen resolution is 176x220. however u are encoding videos at 176x144. there lies ur problem! when u view the 176x144 pixels video in fullscreen, the video is interpolated to accomodate the screen and hence the jaggy edges and the degradation of quality!

encode the videos at a higher resolution of 176x220. i'd say don't stick to one resolution. try experimenting wid different options (+/- 5,10,20 pixels etc.) till u get the best quality at an optimal size! i suppose, u'll get decent video quality even in the walkman mode!

cheers! :)

Last edited:

crazybutt

Broken In
halo...i know dere is a thread somewhere else abt dis prob...but i thot since onli 700 guys r readin dis...ill post it here too
can u guys install disc2phone...and is it any difft from copy-paste
also, im experiencing a prob where my phone starts charging when connected via USB cable to compu...and compu restarts when i take it out

any advice wud be appreciated

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ IR dude
Ive tried many (but not all) possible resolutions, but all i get is plane sound or music with black screen. It seems i would have to satisfied with file manager viewing and also view files from bigging every time for gd quality.

@crazybutt

Using Disc to Phone u can transfer those music which can then be viewed from "Artists" section (like the builtins in card) from phone. Its so cumbersome to select each song from tracks is transferred straight to "AUDIO" nd also much slower to access from phone.
U can select a group of mp3 songs and give a suitable artist name and trasfer as as a whole or 1by 1 or whenever you like, but they would be arranged under same artist tab in phone.
Happy music with Disc to Phone

@crazybutt
AS bout your 2nd prob. do you select "Remove USB DEVICE" from taskbar before you remove it. If after this also it restarts then try another usb port or some USB hubs.
Also does ur PC supports USB 2.0? if yes install WINXP SP2 to activate USB 2.0.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@aravind

hmmm...ok i'll try it out when i get time

@crazybutt

i use disc2phone to change the bitrite only! yeah even me facing the same problem of bsod when i unplug. i'm trying to find out a solution, but to no avail!

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try using a card reader for transfering. Thats sure to sove your problems. And its faster too.

@ IRdude
plz dun use disc to phone to change bitrate. There are much better softies out there which can do the same with less compromise on quality.
Try Media Coder. I use it for converting all my songs to aac(m4a). It has greater volume, better quality nd clarity nd also less size. The only things against it is its not supported on most NOKIA phones.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm... i converted all my mp3s to m4as.

anyways nero recode doesn't allow any resolution over 176x144. tried wid xilisoft converter and converted at cif resolution, its almost double but it gave a blank screen on the cellphone wid only audio. there must be some way to play videos encoded at higher resolution!

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@IR DUDE.
Should i go for a card reader. Its sure faster than data cable, but I doubt that can i transfer music by disc to phone from a card reader. I mean that does DIsc to Phone recognizes memory cards alone(from a card reader).?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
sorry pal, was outta town!! so cudn't reply. anyways, the speed is the same. dun bother to get one.

also, i found that you should remove all the usb related drivers and first install the sony ericsson w700i driver. my lappy hdd crashed. so i had to format and reload everything. i setup the se drivers first after installing the essential drivers. it now doesn't restart when i disconnect the phone from the usb cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom