Poor video quality on W700i

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I recently exchanged my good old 3230 with a new W700i. I am happy with its speed, but the photo quality is not as great as expected when transferred to a PC. Nokia had better sharpness nd details but SE got good color reproduction.

I converter some of the Video songs to 3gp and mp4, but its quality is too poor when played fullscreen. That is the edges have big big jaggies. But o problem if not fulscreen. Is there any way I can view quality videos in fulscreen mode with good volume.?????

aseem1986

Right off the assembly line
I bought the W700i recently and was shocked to find that video clip size is limited to 15 sec and not till memory becomes full. Is there any way to increase it???

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ohh..hoooo
Just change the shooting mode to "High Quality" and video size to 176x144.
You can shoot as long as you can.
By the by did you try any other video files from PC. Just try one in fullscreen mode...damn..its too ugly.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'm quite satisfied wid the video quality on phone screen.

also, the videos when transfered to the computer can be enlarged to a greater extent than any other phone widout much compromise on the quality.

coolendra

Neil is Here...
infra_red_dude said:
i'm quite satisfied wid the video quality on phone screen.

also, the videos when transfered to the computer can be enlarged to a greater extent than any other phone widout much compromise on the quality.

i totallly agree.... i am using w800i... whc is working jst as fine for me......

no probs as yet !!!!!!!

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
We are not talkin bout captured video, but the one transferred from PC which ive converted to 3gp or mp4 from mpg or vob. It suffers from jagged edges only if vied in landscape/fullscreen mode.
But if u people get good quality then plz explain which softies do u use to convert and the best config to convert.......

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
csczero said:
poor video quality well it's a sony. May be canon should jump into mobile market

well dude, i see no reason for this comment!

anyways, just be careful about cropping. crop it in custom mode at 176x144 for full screen otherwise u'll end up wid black strips on top and bottom.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
only the newer phones has good video capture quality .. 6280 does 640*480 .. while its brother the 6270 does only 176*144

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Oh i just can't do it..the quality is geting worse with nero.
@ IRdude: plz if u can, upload a small video file (say 1 or 2 MB) to rapidshares or somethin nd share it with all of us. Maybe the defect is due to my phone(W700i).

[I observe quality problems only in fullscreen mode. In portrait mode its best].

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yeah I did whatever written in the link..
Darn..my good old 3230 was much better in videos..I used to store full movies in avi.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The size is not a problem(ive 2x1Gb stick). Increaing bitrate causes frame to be slower nd looks like paying doom3 on an MX card.

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yeah .its Recode2...
PLZ if u can upload a small video and give us a try. Many of my friends bought this new cell(w700i) hearing my words and are now blaming me for the vid quality. Also battery life is not as gr8 as expected (maybedue to loudspeaker).

Ohh..sorry..soryy...
I just tried playing those files from file manager nd it looked gr8.
The prob is only seen when viewed from WALKMAN. But sound is a lit greater in walkman(maybe due to my equalising).

DO u guys also view from file manager?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom