Point Of View 9400GT not working properly

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Today when i booted up my pc , some weird horizontal lines started appearing on my monitor (even before loading of OS), and till i reached the desktop of my win xp the no. of lines increased or dots increased and it also increased with time. and no I didnt update the drivers of my 9400gt. BTW - it's just 1 year old. :cry:

Also when i booted with onboard graphics after removing gpu everything went fine.

Can any one help me out and tell me what's going on - is the graphics card dead?

If it matters this is the second card behaving like this I had a ASUS 7200gs before and it acted almost same and i had to buy this card.

Specs -
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.5 Ghz
Gigabyte G31M-S2L
3 GB DDR2 DDR2 Dynet (Cheap) :oops: RAM
POV Geforce 9400GT - 1GB
Generic SMPS 450W

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
since when have you been having this problem? with your last gpu too??

weird, i have a 8400gs mobile too, and i had the exact same problem.... i think its because of faulty monitor.

i just smacked my lid(laptop here) and twisted it a bit, and its ok for now. i think some internal stuff might be going bad.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
It's not working since Today's morning (15-aug-11) but it worked on 14th 's Night.

My last GPU was faulty, but I dont think it's becoz of monitor as my other old cpu is also working fine with it as is my current cpu (onboard graphics)

Well my monitor is M237WA 23" LCD if it matters.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The highet possibility is that your GPU is malfunctioning. Ithink the colors of the lines are green or pink.

doomgiver

Warframe
The highet possibility is that your GPU is malfunctioning. Ithink the colors of the lines are green or pink.

in mine, the black parts of a pic are infested with red lines, while the greys of all hues have cyan lines. not yet seen any green lines.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
card power consumption is extremely low.. so even a generic PSU can support it..

Perhaps the bad PSU ripple and unclean power has damaged your Graphic card..

buy a Gigabyte 460W SMPS @ Rs 1800 or less for your system.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Gigabyte 460W is actually a FSP 400 W OEM better would be FSP 500W@2K.

Last edited:
OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Sorry for late reply but thanks everyone for you replies
So, the card has malfunctioned (and yes these are green lines) . Would Look for RMA but I am too busy at least for this month.

Yes, I am using a generic PSU which is rated at uhm... 450W .

I think I will save up money and upgrade my whole pc next year and not buy anything now cause I will not play any games before next summer.

But will do my stuff with help of my onboard graphics.

And everyone thanks for your replies

Top Bottom