What is a NIC?
What is its function??
What is ethernet port 10/100???
Will it get connected in a PCI Slot?
What is the general Price in India?

Thanx!!! :)

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: NIC stands for netwrork interface card....

:arrow: nd u need it for??......well for connecting to outside world..ie. to LAN or to net if ur using network net access..

:arrow: NIC/LAN card is PCI slot based...will work fine with PCI (white colored) slot....

:arrow: General; price i india?...hmm...around 200Rs. INR...!! they r cheap man...!!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
detj2004 said:
What is a NIC?

Its a addon card (now a days comes onboard too) that is used to connect it to a network or to another computer. Its the interface actually.

detj2004 said:
What is its function??
It is used to transport all the packets to the comp. Its in the physical layer actually.

detj2004 said:
What is ethernet port 10/100???
Its the speed of the Lan card

detj2004 said:
Will it get connected in a PCI Slot?
Yes they generally come for PCI slots.

detj2004 said:
What is the general Price in India?
Me thinks its 400 or something but am not sure.

digen

Youngling
NIC is acronym for Network Interface Card.Basically used for networking pc's & to connect to other devices such as a router.
Ethernet port is where the appropriate cable is inserted like a cat5 cable which has a RJ45 jack connector.
Yeah its available as as PCI card for a pc.Usually costs around 350-400 bucks.Dlink,frontech are some of the brands which make NIC cards.
Ask your dealer about the availability or regarding any other brand.

OP
D

detj2004

Broken In
Thanx guys!
Actually, I signed up 4 BSNL's ADSL Broadband service. They told me a NIC is required. Now i'm going to the stores to buy 1 4 me

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
detj2004 said:
Thanx guys!
Actually, I signed up 4 BSNL's ADSL Broadband service. They told me a NIC is required. Now i'm going to the stores to buy 1 4 me

hmmm....do let us know how it is onc eu get it and use it 4 a while....

OP
D

detj2004

Broken In
Hey, got myself an Intex NIC & the load on my pocket was Rs 280 (a light load of course)
N e idea howz this card??

krisjr

In the zone
intex is bad man..i bought some tme back,it failed.hav seen many intex NICs nt working over a period of time.Dlink is the guru in this field,but costs bit more around 400...stil chek it out.280 is stil not a big dhakka...:D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I have intex LAN card and it's only rs. 175!!! And till now there has not been any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom