Plz Suggest A Decent Graphics Card Within 5k

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Also, since I am not going to use the Integrated Graphics, should I go for DH67BL? If not, plz suggest the best motherboard without IGP....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That hexa core cpu I've suggested offers better performance in hevily threaded apps ( like some multimedia apps ) as compared to i5 2400.

When you are talking about potential a combo of i5 2400+H67 can't be OCed but that hexa core cpu with the 880 mobo can be OCed for better performance - for your budget AMD combo offers more performance.

If you want to stick with Intel get core i5 2500k along with a good P67 mobo and unleash the beast with by OCing this combo with a good cpu HSF ;-)

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
thnx bro, but actually I don't want to overclock :)
Someone said to me that i5 2400 will outperform all phenoms and its way better, plz correct me if I am wrong.
I want an overall performing rig, with a middle-range graphics card like HD5670, and the budget allows me to go for i5. Does it still make sense to buy AMD?

However, if there is only 5-10% performance difference b/w i5 2400 and x6/x4, then I will go for AMD, because the GPU will handle the rest.
I will upgrade the graphics card to High-End in 2-3 years, so processor and motherboard are very important to me.

My dealer is giving me iBall 500W SMPS, the FSP wouldn't be available here, should I go for it?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Granted that the Phenom II X6 1055T core cpu may seem like a bit slower in games compared to the core i5 2400 - that's because most games are not multi core optimized yet but the situation is changing rapidly and games are becoming more multi core friendly and multimedia apps which can take the advantage of multicore cpu Phenom II X6 1055T will outperform core i5 2400.

Though you are not interested but it's good to know that by OCing the Phenom II X6 1055T to 3.8-4Ghz you will outperform the i5 2400 in both games and multimedia apps.

So going with Phenom II X6 1055T makes more sense and as the price is a bit lower you can get better GPU anyway - so you are getting double advantages ;-).

For PSU get Corsair VX450W 450W @ 3.5K - it's worth the money you spend on it in the long run.

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
ok... can u suggest a good motherboard for x6 also, that is easily available :) (availability is a big problem here).

and one silly question... core i5 frequency is 3.1 MHz, so there is a .3 MHz difference, won't it make a difference on performance? :)
thanx for the OC suggestion bro, but the pc will also be used by my family members, so I am not willing to do that :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've suggested a mobo on post no. 38 - it it's Gigabyte MA880GM-UD2H @ 4.3K - tell me if you are able to find it or not and think of anything else later ;-)

the 300 Mhz difference won't matter much and that's a 2.8Ghz hexa core cpu for heaven's sake and with the rest of money you can get a better GPU anyway - so virtually you won't see any difference in performance.

Don't get too bothered about OCing - after properly OCing your rig you won't have to play with the settings anymore and after OCing password protect bios setting so that no one can change the settings.

OP
R

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Thanx a lot bro... hope the vendor will get the motherboard for me.
and I will consider overclocking too :)

Top Bottom