Plz help me out with ma upgradation probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
by support i meant that most games come with the 'The way its meant to be played' logo ,i.e nVidia sponsors them and maybe the games r optimised to run better on nVidia cards.

Hahahaha...*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/55.png

even some games comes with AMD Ati logo...:rolleyes:..it means only sponsership & nothin else..& optimized 4 certain cards doesn't mean dat Nvidia is giving a optimization patch 2 dat game company so dat Ati doesn't get full support...:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
JUST A FACT --->>> GRAW2 refuses to be played on ATi cards. This is certainly seen by the charts and graphs (any review site). Even a single GTX260 beats the ATi Radeon HD4870x2 in GRAW2 :lol:. I dunno how did the UbiSoft guys did it :D. Anyways, this should not affect your decision ;).

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
bad news 4 me.these Rashi guys in kolkata r (i dont hav words to xpress myself).

they hav quoted prices of 20.3k for XFX 9800GTX Alpha Dog and 24.5k for XFX GTX260.wats more ATi HD48xx series aint available with them.

now i dont think i'll be able to do much.

imgame2

Padawan
u got me all wrong buddy.by support i meant that most games come with the 'The way its meant to be played' logo ,i.e nVidia sponsors them and maybe the games r optimised to run better on nVidia cards.
now hen did i say that games wont run on ATi cards cuz nVidia supports them.

@acewin yeah buddy u got it rt.this guy came to me a few days back and said that he's buying a rig in 55k by November.so i asked him wat mobo and procy he prefers.the answer was P45 and Penryn uad or dual.

don't u know what happened with assain's creed ....the game which was supposed to be nVidia's "the way its meant to be played" flagship ???? it was getting 20% more fps on raedon 3000 cards...so due to pressure from nVidia ubisoft had to patch it ..

link - *www.techreport.com/discussions.x/14707

no wonder GRAW2 doesn't work well for ATI cards ...ubisoft had to somewhere show they care about nvidia too.....

Rashi s**** if u go directly they'll always quote insane prices.
+ why XFX?get EVGA

thats absolutely right ....and

+1 for EVGA ...but EVGA will cost 2-3k more than xfx for sure ...but they are worth it!

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
bad news 4 me.these Rashi guys in kolkata r (i dont hav words to xpress myself).

they hav quoted prices of 20.3k for XFX 9800GTX Alpha Dog and 24.5k for XFX GTX260.wats more ATi HD48xx series aint available with them.

now i dont think i'll be able to do much.

rashi sells only xfx and asus cards as far as i know and neither asus had launched their ati HD series and gtx+ cards nor xfx has launched their gtx+ cards in india yet ...so u will not get any such cards from rashi for sure .....

better ask any other dealer ...perhaps tirupati they have evga and they have evga 9800gtx+
but i m sure that will cost u somewhere 15~16k ...at that price hd4870 is better anyday ......i see u say ur location is currently in mumbai ....why don't u check out prices of gfx card there...u can get really good deal there ...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i really dont know why u want to spend more just for 3fps .i.e. get 4870 from MSI/Sapphire/Gecube/XpertVision
better keep that money for Nehalem.get DDR3 with better timings then

imgame2

Padawan
i really dont know why u want to spend more just for 3fps .i.e. get 4870 from MSI/Sapphire/Gecube/XpertVision
better keep that money for Nehalem.get DDR3 with better timings then

+1 for this .....

really a person thinking for nehalem should save all the money he can ...

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
hey guys i'm thinking of upgarding my pc.
1st i'm looking 4 a gfx card in the range of 15-20k.in a diff thread i was suggested 4870.wat i was thinking was of buying nVidia (9800GTX+ or GTX 260) cuz nost games r supported by nVidia.so plz suggest me brands which i shall get in Kolkata.also give me the names of the shops and their contact nos.

now comes the part which is giving me sleepless nights.i'll upgarde to Nehalem once it reaches the market and good mobos r available.so i was thinking whether its a good idea to get a P45 chipset based mobo.
specifically i'm looking 4 Biostar TPower I45 for bout 7k (or maybe 'll get Darklords mobo).so wat sud i do,run my current config and upgrade to Nehalem directly or sud i get a P45 based mobo now and then later on move to Nehalem?

Plz help me decide.

Thnx:)

Hmm, Biostar is good. Get the 9800GTX+ @ 11.5k
check lynx-india.com

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
I'm at home currently.so no Mumbai & Nehru Place 4 me.

got Ati rates from another vendor.this guy has quoted 12.4k for HD4850 and 20k for 4870 512MB.
seeing the market condition i doubt whether i'll even get Nehalem by end of 2008.

so wat i'm thinking is i'll get the mobo & ram that Darklord is selling and perhaps get a 4850,then wait till end of 2008, and if i get Nehalem at good rates then i'll buy it else wait till availability is good.

also for gaming @ 1440x900, 4850 sud be enuf.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
ur dealers are crap man.purchase 4870 online from lynx or theitwares for about 3k less

btw
is darky selling that biostar mobo ? i dont think so.he didnt put it on sale anywhere

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
ur dealers are crap man.purchase 4870 online from lynx or theitwares for about 3k less

btw
is darky selling that biostar mobo ? i dont think so.he didnt put it on sale anywhere
+1

thats the case in my case too ...even in chennai its the same story ...don't if this is the case in metro ...what will be the case in smaller cities....i m planning to buy gfx card for lynx or itwares cos that will be much cheaper for me ...how is the reputation of these shop ? i heard very positive about lynx ...but not so much about itwares ...though i have talked to the guy ..named rahul from itwares a couple of times ...

Hmm, Biostar is good. Get the 9800GTX+ @ 11.5k
check lynx-india.com

its 11,827 + 4% VAT + 150 shipping = 12.5k and not 11.5 k

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2244

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
+1

thats the case in my case too ...even in chennai its the same story ...don't if this is the case in metro ...what will be the case in smaller cities....i m planning to buy gfx card for lynx or itwares cos that will be much cheaper for me ...how is the reputation of these shop ? i heard very positive about lynx ...but not so much about itwares ...though i have talked to the guy ..named rahul from itwares a couple of times ...

its 11,827 + 4% VAT + 150 shipping = 12.5k and not 11.5 k

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2244

Both are good. Both are trust-worthy.

And as for prices, you guys are lucky. Do you even know that the Palit HD4850 costs 15k here :(. I planned to buy one more HDD (solely from my money and as i'm 13, i had no more than 3k), and man the Seagate 500GB costs 4.3k :shock: and no-one seems to know what is a 'Western Digital'.

This is the case with me.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ thats sucks man.thats why my hopes of buying Nehalem by end of 2008 seems to be a distant dream.

how good is the VX430W psu?is it better than the CM 650W?also there seems to be a price diff of 1000 bucks bet CM 600W & 650W?can some1 explain why?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom