Plz help. (buying mp3 player)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
^^loo,you noob.I would rather get a iPod touch+nokia 1100+A sony dedicated camera instead of grossly overpriced N95.

Do you think the sound quality of any cell-phone even come close to PMPs?

I agree with you too...
Dunno how ppl can b so arrogant not to note the difference in sound quality!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^Those are people who listen to music and not feel it. They even can't differenciate 64kbps quality audio and 256kbps quality audio. All that they can find is whether sound is coming or not, stereo or not. Can't blame them for this. Not everyone can feel the music.

I know a friend who can't differenciate between EP-630 and ipod stock earphones. He also cannot differenciate audio quality between ipod and w700i.

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Bhai yaad mat dila, i keep telling myself to buy EP-630 but since the Planet M in next to Bajaj Capital, i end up investing in mutual funds :-(

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^^loo,you noob.I would rather get a iPod touch+nokia 1100+A sony dedicated camera instead of grossly overpriced N95.

Do you think the sound quality of any cell-phone even come close to PMPs?

I was just messing but

Does N95 Comes in 8000/- or your so called I POD+N1100+Sony DEDICATED CAM!

I can wear thongs and move around the city if this comes in 8000/-.

nope. not any more.

Creative zen 32gb player costs $350, which means around 14k.
16Gb player costs around $199, which means around 8k, which is worth every penny
Though you can get an 80gig HDD version for $350, flash memory has it's own advantages like speed, life, ruggedness.

So, it's a worthy buy for $350. :)

but if you are getting it from US, the best deal will be

Archos 604/wifi

actual price is $450 but is available for $200 in some stores

4.3" wide touchscreen screen
30Gb HDD
Plays mp3/mp4/wma/wma drm/wav audio
plays avi, mpeg2/4, h.264, wmv video
wifi enabled
opera browser included
5hr video playback.
16 hr audio playback

I think you cannot differenciate between the quality of playback. Feel sorry for you.

Good for u to feel soory for others, really i appreciate the effort!

But have u ever listened to the BLUETOOTH headset from MOTOROLA? They sound awesome and the BOSE headphones with N95?

Though i understand that sound quality can't be compared but then also u can barely differentiate the sound quality of an I-Pod or a high end cell phone. The only thing that matters is headphone.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
LOL. You have to get a Bose headphone to get good sound in N95. hahaha.

So, you agree that you have to get a 29k phone (for 8gig space) and 10k headphones to make a cellphone sound like mp3 player.

For 40k, I can get

1) 32Gb Zen, flash based player from Creative. (Rs. 15k)
2) Canon IXUS 70 (Rs. 13k)
3) Motorokr E6 (Rs.11k)
4) Creative EP-630. (Rs. 1k)

And enjoy top notch music and video quality, amazing photos using IXUS, incredible smartphone and superb earphones.

On the other hand with N95, I get sluggish and fat cell phone with grossly overpriced headphones. Doesn't make sense. Still Creative Zen with EP-630 will sound better than a 10k headphone on N95.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
LOL. You have to get a Bose headphone to get good sound in N95. hahaha.

So, you agree that you have to get a 29k phone (for 8gig space) and 10k headphones to make a cellphone sound like mp3 player.

For 40k, I can get

1) 32Gb Zen, flash based player from Creative. (Rs. 15k)
2) Canon IXUS 70 (Rs. 13k)
3) Motorokr E6 (Rs.11k)
4) Creative EP-630. (Rs. 1k)

And enjoy top notch music and video quality, amazing photos using IXUS, incredible smartphone and superb earphones.

On the other hand with N95, I get sluggish and fat cell phone with grossly overpriced headphones. Doesn't make sense. Still Creative Zen with EP-630 will sound better than a 10k headphone on N95.
have u read the first post? If not please read it below:

Any body help me here?
i hav rs.7000/-. any body tell me which mp3 player is best for me in over all conditon in my budget.

This conclude that the person needs an MP3 player for INR 7000, my bad is i mentioned INR 8000/- well sorry for that.

I gave the suggestion which was not for u! Urs was for 8000/- for an I-Pod, N1100 and a dedicated SONY DIGI CAM!

But it was for the sound quality not for price!

U can get a SE W200i and the cable comes with that has an attachment for any headphone so u can use an EP-630. This setup will cost 5100 for cell phone 1 GB card for 1100/- and EP-630 for 1000/-
Total = 7200/-!

Dude i have a I-POD 160 GB and a W200i and a cable from W200i, i hooked the cable with I-POD stock headphones and played the same song ripped at 128KBPS and barely there was a difference into their sound quality!

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^ That is why I felt sorry for you that you can't notice difference between a player with dedicated audio chip and a phone that can play music.

Either your ears can't feel the difference or the song that you selected is of worst quality. 128kbps doesn't mean that it's top notch.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well i don't think that 128 Kbps is a bad quality?
Though that might be a possibility that my ears are not god enough but that u can ask the Computer Empire guys because it took me 45 minutes to pick my ATP3 over Creative 4.1 and several other speakers!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^ You gave the proof yourself. It takes 5 minutes to choose between ATP3 and creative 4.1.

clarity of any song depends on how you rip it and not by the bitrate. You can rip a song from cassette to 128kbps but the quality sucks.

moreover you get a cellphone with pathetic display with a gig card for 7k, music from which feels like too much low freq. sounds and say it's as good as ipod. How sad.

Music player's quality can be recognized by checking how balanced sound the player generate's and not how much bass the player sends out.

and because of the 7k budget, I recommended Zen V Plus which is a great player and is lot lot better than an ipod nano.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude there is not much difference between these Mp3 players and the normal cell phone.
The actual difference will be if they are having a 5.1 or a 7.1 channel card which i guess no MP3 player has got.

Just try my option:
Use same song..ok choose ur quality 320Kbps and play it on I-POD or whatever and play it on Walkmam series Cell phone!
Then post ur reply!
Its easy to say some noob like me but try to be little practical!

Do this thing and also give it a try!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^LOL.

Did I say that I never tested walkman phone?

I said that after checking the same song ,a 256kbps AAC quality audio ripped using iTunes and tried it on my ipod nano and on W700i.

W700i sucked when it came to giving balanced audio.

Song I tested:

Kylie Minogue : Ultimate Kylie disc 2 : Can't Get You Out of My Head.

now, for gods sake, stop saying that only difference is between 5.1 and 2.1 and not between DAP and Phone (that can just play music). Already got tired of hearing that.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yes. same headphones. Connected EP-630 to the W700i's headphone connector.
Please spare us. You can't find any difference in sound doesn't mean that others should not.

IMHO, W200i is the worst walkman phone that I ever saw. Pathetic display, pathetic headphones, pathetic sound quality. Forget about ipod or Zen. Motorola L7 looks, feels and works lot better than this bullshit phone.

You can't find difference between mp3 player and W200i.
It took 45 minutes for you to decide ATP3 or crappy 4.1 speakers.
Doesn't this feel anything to you. Please do not recommend anything related to audio to others. Coz you don't know how to find difference in quality of audio playback.

See,

In one of the thread running on philips players, one person said:

i got SA3xx series gogear video audio player 1gb...
sound quality is awesme...bundle it with ep630 n u wnt regret.
compared with ipod..ipod is a little more loud n treble is more..
still gogear is an excellent choice i love it..battery life is excellent.

Now that's called finding out the difference in music playback. So, please please please stop saying W200i and mp3 players produce same music quality.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Pardon me DESIIBOND.
I appologize for my answer and questions.
All i was giving my suggestion, i didn't knew that i m gonna bruise someone that much that someone gonna get pains.
If i can do anything for u just say the word.
U are the sound GOD and i am a cheap A** speaker!
Anything u say shall be the final words!
If that makes u happy enough!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom