Pls help me to access my hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

bratsameer

Right off the assembly line
Yesterday i downloaded software called Easydrivelock 4.1 trail version ..the software was easy to lock the hard drives so i locked 2 very importand hard drives excluding c: in which window is installed ... now when i unlock it it accepts my password but i m not able to open my 2 drives which are D and E. when i open easydrive lock it asks me to purchase the software which is about 30 dollars i really dont want that software and juz want to open the lock .. please kindly tell me ... this software also warns not to reinstall window before unlocking all drives .. i m afraid to do so even what should i do plzz suggest

paroh

Padawan
First try this

Easy Drive Lock 4.1
I learned that any locked partitions can be accessed, if you enter the full path of an item (file or folder) into Windows Explorer. So much for protection. A locked partition can be accessed either locally or by using a remote machine this way.

For backup reason
Copy all contents from that lock partition to some other partition and uninstall Easy Drive Lock 4.1. and if u could access the locked partition directly its good other wise format that locked partition.

Last edited:
Many of the softwares that lock drives uses Registry values to lock. Since your drives are locked, and you cant open them, i ask you to check the Registry and change the value. But REMEMBER CHANGING VALUES IN REGISTRY WITHOUT KNOWING CAN LEAD TO MALFUNCTION OF WINDOWS, SO BE CAREFUL, BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE CHANGING ANY VALUE, YOU CAN USE BACKUP TO RESTORE YOUR SYSTEM SETTINGS IF ANYTHING HAPPENS.

This link tells you how to backup your registry
*support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

This link tells you how to Hide and lock any drive(s) using regedit
*www.computerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=914

juli_naz

Dont Buy this software it is useless. If you lock the drive you will lost all datas.
If you have problem with Lock You can take backup the datas in windows utility.

rajeevisgupta@yahoo.com

firstly after locking the drive data cannot be copied.also there is no registry entry that can be deleted to restore the drive
i tried using a fake key to make easy drive lock fullversion,IT STILL DOES NT WORK
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
First try this

Easy Drive Lock 4.1
I learned that any locked partitions can be accessed, if you enter the full path of an item (file or folder) into Windows Explorer. So much for protection. A locked partition can be accessed either locally or by using a remote machine this way.

For backup reason
Copy all contents from that lock partition to some other partition and uninstall Easy Drive Lock 4.1. and if u could access the locked partition directly its good other wise format that locked partition.
firstly after locking the drive data cannot be copied.also there is no registry entry that can be deleted to restore the drive
i tried using a fake key to make easy drive lock fullversion,IT STILL DOES NT WORK

Last edited:

mad_max

Journeyman
Posted again:

you brought up a half year old thread to say this?

rohitbhu06

well m not sure its gonna work.
as i dont know too much abt compu :(
but give this a try too.
try to make a back up by connecting ur hard disk to another pc
and then make a full partition of hard disk(or atleast locked drives)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom