Please suggest me a PSU under 3000 RS

Techguy

In the zone
For corsair, the 'CX' series are better than the 'VS'... and the 'VX' are better than the 'CX'. But i recommend u buy the corsair cx430v2....

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I dont think weight of a psu covers any aspect other than comfort and mobility.
You re most welcome :).

The popular myth of a good PSU being heavy arises majorly due to the fact that cos like Corsair, Seasonic, Coolermaster, use good quality, thick Heat Sinks. Other part of the weight is contributed by a thick, albeit strong PCB, the metal housing and good components. Good quality power ICs are heavier than their cheap counterparts.

And the Transformers. That contribute a lot of weight too..

Last edited:

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
All said and done, I think you just cant decide which psu is better judging by its weight. There is quite a possibility that an el cheapo psu is heavier than a corsair one.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Just get the Corsair 430CXV2. Its awesome. Great build, Silent, 80Plus certification... you'll fall in love with it! :D :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Corsair CX430 V2 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

have a look if you are the kind of guy who takes delight from figures and fact.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Its best if you read their testing methodology before saying that. Their operational temps are too low consider at the temps a closed case system has. Many power supplies in this range are 80% efficient, but rather give it to proper reviewers and let them say it over spending money for an 80 Plus certification and increasing cost.

Take a look at GX450 too. Even Antec has power supplies but google out for Basiq series reviews.

bubusam13

Human
Go to VS450 since I own it and *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/165842-corsair-cx-430-psu-smoked.html

It cost me 2.3k with shipping. Its very good though it don't have any certifications.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
One smoked out of how many? That's the point in having warranty policy.

The 80 Plus testing methodology is obsolete. They test power supplies in a significantly lower temperature than it usually is in closed cases systems. Besides, companies don't go for 80 plus certification since that adds to the cost of the unit, but they say its 80% efficient @ ~40 degrees celcius- and some of these units do get evaluated. cx 430. more than enough. You could consider Basiq series 350w from antec but check the reviews first.

Top Bottom