please suggest configuration under 20-22k for multitasking pc

harshitbansal

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: to run 3d softwares like 3ds max, maya and compositing softwares like after effects.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: yes open for alternate ideas.. :)

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 23k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: only when heavy rendering is required.( vry vry few occassions)

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500gb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: I have Acer 1702W dun knw abt d resolution bt it supports upto 1440 * 990

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: by mid september

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: yeah probably.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: dont need monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, HDD and DVD writer/player.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Delhi

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I want to buy AMD but i have read some negative points abt it, so if u can plz throw some light on it also..

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Here's my suggestion for your requirements-

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE| 5500
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT|700
Graphic Card |MSI HD 6850 Cyclone|9300
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |Zebronics Bijli (w/o psu)|1000
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800
| Total |24300

I want to buy AMD but i have read some negative points abt it, so if u can plz throw some light on it also..
What you've most likely heard is from local dealers or friends who've been misinformed by them. They claim that AMD has lower longevity and overheats but in reality they earn more from intel so they say these things.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Negative points ?

They must be meaning the heating issue. It was before 2004 that AMD had major heating issues. But now there is no such issues with AthlonII and PhenomII series.
You can surely go for AMD.

The config. of Cybertonic is just perfect for you. The only change I would like is to add Corsair 4GB RAM at Rs.1200 instead of 2GB.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Negative points ?

They must be meaning the heating issue. It was before 2004 that AMD had major heating issues. But now there is no such issues with AthlonII and PhenomII series.
You can surely go for AMD.

The config. of Cybertonic is just perfect for you. The only change I would like is to add Corsair 4GB RAM at Rs.1200 instead of 2GB.

I'm also a supporter for 4GB RAM modules.

jagdish

Journeyman
Never ever listen to any dealer actually if they can sell expensive hardware they can get more money,go for amd they provide much better value for money:) and go with 4gb they are dirt cheap now

OP
H

harshitbansal

Thanx a lot for the help..:)

Is it possible if i go for phenom x6 processors and go fir ATI radeon 6770???

Cilus

laborare est orare
Looking at the type of applications I think you'll be benefited from a 6 Core processor. The cheapest one is Phenom II X6 1055T, available @ 7.6K.
Now gaming is nowhere in your list of applications and going for a AMD based Gaming card for productivity is not a good idea. You should opt for a cheap workstation card based on AM FireGL or Firepro within 10K. It will give you better productivity performance. So my suggestion is ATI FirePro V4800 @ 9.5K

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
The price difference between 1055t and 1090t is hardly 1k. OP should go for 1090t since it is OCable too. Also, if you want to game get a regular card instead of workstation one. Workstation cards are just desktop cards with different drivers selling at twice the rate. Google softmodding firepro to turn a regular card into a firepro one.

bhtani

Broken In
I don't know if I am right, but u can get a cheaper GPU (say MSI/Sapphire 6670/6770) AND a better CPU like AMD A8-3850. it costs like 7k and a compatible Mobo asus F1A75V pro @ 7k..
Sweet thing is, in this CPU there is already a GPU in built in it (ATI raedon HD 6550 1GB DDR3) so if u r not into hardcore gaming, u really dont need another GPU and even if u want, u can crossfire it ;)

I'd recommend an additional CPU cooler (Cooler Master Hyper TX3 worth 1.4k) coz A8's fans are really small & almost ALWAYS (direct experience) runs at full speed.

But hey, if ur pocket is not permitting, Cybertronic's option is the BEST ;)

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I don't know if I am right, but u can get a cheaper GPU (say MSI/Sapphire 6670/6770) AND a better CPU like AMD A8-3850. it costs like 7k and a compatible Mobo asus F1A75V pro @ 7k..
Sweet thing is, in this CPU there is already a GPU in built in it (ATI raedon HD 6550 1GB DDR3) so if u r not into hardcore gaming, u really dont need another GPU and even if u want, u can crossfire it ;)

I'd recommend an additional CPU cooler (Cooler Master Hyper TX3 worth 1.4k) coz A8's fans are really small & almost ALWAYS (direct experience) runs at full speed.

I'd like to clear a few misconceptions.

First of all the A8 3850 is weaker than the Phenom ii x4 955. Also, the GPU included is decent but for OP's requirements it will not at all suffice.

For rendering, the more expensive the graphics card, the better. The OP needs it for rendering not gaming.

Also the crossfire only supports cards upto the HD 6670.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
L
Now gaming is nowhere in your list of applications and going for a AMD based Gaming card for productivity is not a good idea. You should opt for a cheap workstation card based on AM FireGL or Firepro within 10K. It will give you better productivity performance. So my suggestion is ATI FirePro V4800 @ 9.5K

But hey, AFAIK, gaming cards are the best value for money in most of the cases.

Cilus

laborare est orare
harshitbansal, let us know whether gaming is in your requirement along with the applications you've mentioned. We will suggest accordingly.

OP
H

harshitbansal

@cilus: m not a hardcore gamer will only be playing few simulation games or fps games.... and can u pls tel me dat i basically need my system for multitasking as while using maya few tabs and songs will also be open and i might also need to overclock while rendering so B/w AMD and intel which one will help.
and also please tell about the mobo as in for 2ram slots and 4..

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
get this -

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2400|9300
Motherboard |Asus P8H61-M LE B3|3300
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) * 2|2200
Graphic Card |MSI R6670-MD1GD5|5300
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |CM Elite 310|1500
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800
| Total |25400

you wont need to oc this beast. its very fast.
and get 8gb ram imo.

it also isn't overclockable.

SantoshSharma

Hi,

I am looking for a high performance workstation. I am working on very memory intensive applications of Oracle demanding high physical memory 8 gb minimal.

I do wish to use the workstation as a HTPC, but this will be fairly limited.

Gaming is not on my list.

Hoping to hear from you all.

[first post though regular subscriber of Digit ]

regards
Santosh

Top Bottom