Please Suggest a Headphone

chris

In the zone
Hi,

I need a headphone. I was using iball i675MV.

*www.google.com/images?q=iball i675mv

I see digit recommend Sennheiser HD201, but it look like it do not include a microphone. I need a microphone too.

Can someone recommend me a headphone with microphone ?

I mostly use headphone to use with TTS (text to speech, read web pages, not a music lover). So it will be good to have a low weight/comfortable head phone.

I budget is 1.5k max.

Thanks,

Chris

OP
C

chris

In the zone
Thanks everyone for the reply.

I brought "Logitech USB Headset H330".

But i am having problem with My TV Tunner Card. TV Tunner get no sound, if i take settings, software crashes and close. My TV Tunner is PCTV 100i, Pinnacle, Viewer software is PCTV Vision. It is old Tunner card, may be the problem.

Also watching a film in VLC, if head phone is plugged in, can't hear voice in speaker. I have to unplugg headphone to get voice in speaker. With old headphone, i can keep it plugged in, i get voice on Speaker and headphone. When i want to use headphone, i just power off speaker.

So i am back to my old iball i675MV head phone.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
If you are using Windows 7 , this should work. Windows 7 adds a new feature to route the audio on the fly to a newly arriving device like a USB headset. Likewise, when you unplug the headset, the audio will re-route to the last device it was playing on

If you want to manually move the audio, you can do so in the control panel. Here are instructions:

right-click on the volume icon and choose playback devices
right-click on the device you want audio going to and choose Set As Default Device
That's it. Audio will now route there immediately.

Last edited:
OP
C

chris

In the zone
Thank you pulkitpopli2004 for the suggestion. I have tried this before. But some problem with tv tuner care, voice won't get change to headphone. I got VLC player voice in headphone, not TV Tuner. May be because my TV Tuner is too old.

I am still using XP as My TV Tuner card do not work properly in Windows 7, when i try last time, driver from MS not sable, it work some times, not always, also recording don't work, only get a file with voice. Once i found a good TV Tuner card that work on Windows 7, i will switch to it.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
I have not used it much since on windows xp, it crash my TV Tuner, look like it is not compatible with USB headphone.

So i given it to my bro. Now i installed Win 7, i got the headphone back. But it is not working on Win 7. It says USB device malfunctioned. It need drivers installed. But no drivers available on Logitech web site, on searching i found many having problem with this headphone on Win 7.

Anyway i brought a Sennheiser HD202, but is is missing Microphone. Any one know a goof quality desktop microphone i can use with it ? I have the low cost microphone somewhere, but i prefer some better quality Mic as i want to make some youtube videos. Any suggestions ?

Top Bottom