[Complaint] please stay away from INfibeam, they are a bunch of cheaters

josin

In the zone
please stay away from INfibeam, its hard to get a delivery from them

I purchased Genius SP-HF1800A Three Way HiFi Wood Speakers with 50 Watt (Black) on 14/5/2013. i chose to pay them online(my Bad). the entire amount was paid and the delivery was promised to be on 20/5/13. Since they failed to deliver on the promised date i emailed them asking that where my the shipment is and when will shipment be delivered to me ?, their reply was "Its time to smile! The following items under order ID : *****530 (sub order ID: ***83 have been shipped from our warehouse!) once again i sent a mail to them. This time they replied that "we do not know the shipping details, please contact IBL Logistics on 079-40260260 for further details:-x( God save them). When i contacted them through the phone they said we require an ID proof for delivering the item . when i told them that you could have said this a lot earlier they said it is not their duty to inform such details to the customer. I asked them to register this as a complaint and give me a complaint number. You know what they said they have no such measures.:-x i was shell shocked to hear this. My dear friends this is a fraud company, they dont care for the customers they only care for the money they get from the customers so dont even go near them. Now i know why flipkart is so well placed in eCommerce business.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
just about the time when I thought I will get something from infi .. anyway, change of plans ..

@ OP - do mention your order id .. and If infi guys did not give you any shipping details like tracking id how did you contact IBL Logistics about the shipment ?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
It is usual they ask for id proof when delivering products if you pay online, to prevent any other person from taking your product. This is not the fault of Infibeam,but the courier service. But I am not supporting Infibeam, they should use some other courier service or their own courier, like what Flipkart have. This is the reason I allways shop from flipkart though the price is more.

For your problem any id card will work. pan card,college id. If possible go to their office and show id proof and collect the item. All the courier service sucks. including bluedart,dtdc.

OP
josin

josin

In the zone
@ OP - do mention your order id .. and If infi guys did not give you any shipping details like tracking id how did you contact IBL Logistics about the shipment ?[/QUOTE]

to contact them you only need your order ID.

BombayBoy

Journeyman
a bad experience in a deal, and i am not supporting this practice (all the customer service in India is pathetic, not even flipkart)

i have a lot of dealings in etailing and until now, infibeam hasn't cheated

you need to play hard with these guys to get your work done

@topgear - no harm in dealing with infibeam :) don't be too worried :2cents:

Flash

Lost in speed
Usually the problem lies with the "Courier", as said above. They ship at the right time, but these couriers take the liberty of delivering the product to the customer with their own time.
I recently bought a Micro SDHC from infibeam. In my case, infibeam shipped at the correct time, but the courier(my case - aramax) was hell-bent in dispatching the order. They din't updated the "Track shipment" history correctly.

I raised a complaint in Aramex, and to my surprise the goods was delivered on that day itself.

a bad experience in a deal, and i am not supporting this practice (all the customer service in India is pathetic, not even flipkart)

i have a lot of dealings in etailing and until now, infibeam hasn't cheated

you need to play hard with these guys to get your work done

@topgear - no harm in dealing with infibeam :) don't be too worried :2cents:

Yes. No matter whether it is flipkart/infibeam/homeshop18/even eBay - there will be a worried customer always.

Champ

.NET Guru
Have ordered a lot of stuff from infibeam, including few products costing over 10K, all items have arrived in perfect shape, but yes they do ship a bit slowly and AFA CS is concerned they are at least 2 steps behind flipkart

BombayBoy

Journeyman
once the courier for my FIFA 12 (purchased from Letsbuy) delivery (Bluedart) was creating problems for the delivery by giving all false reasons

i took them to task and imagine - the delivery was arranged at 11:55 PM or 12 and everyone at my home was :shock: to receive it at that time

honestly, flipkart hasn't got any better - they don't delay it much but aren't surprising you either
i've been shopping with them since they sold books and just yesterday received Bata chappals and a swimming goggles in time :)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Presently all the Courier Companies in India SUCKKKSSS....

ARAMEX is the worst of all,as I've faced issues with them when I booked + prepaid for a Multi-card reader/writer from eBay.
Even the so called elite--->BlueDart,DTDC,etc. have detoriated their services to a great deal,presently.
NO LOGIC IN THIS.:-x:deadbored::unsure:

BombayBoy

Journeyman
Presently all the Courier Companies in India SUCKKKSSS....

ARAMEX is the worst of all,as I've faced issues with them when I booked + prepaid for a Multi-card reader/writer from eBay.
Even the so called elite--->BlueDart,DTDC,etc. have detoriated their services to a great deal,presently.
NO LOGIC IN THIS.:-x:deadbored::unsure:

logic and customer service don't go hand in hand
and coming to the point of courier companies, yes
i had 2 shipments from Hong Kong for cameras coming in and the motherf!@#$*$ DHL ****ed up big time with the duty coming to 100% the value of invoice
upon bringing this to their notice, they give some lame excuses like the value was given by DHL Hong Kong where as the invoice specifically had all the details
after a lot of follow up, they "waived off" the duties which should not have been charged in the first place
they even added some service charges to it and i finally paid 3900 or 4000 to finish it for once and to get hold of my parcel
it was a hostage like situation because they had my parcel and i feel that the customs authorities are hand in glove with them

Well I ordered a game controller of 250 rs (flipkart price 350 :shocked: ) and got it within 36 hrs from infibeam. My friends bought memory cards from infibeam as they were selling the same thing at much cheaper rates. Seems to me that you are the unlucky one. You should have chosen the COD option. BTW bug their ass off by calling and complaining. They'll surely deliver it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
all right .. I' not getting too alarmed about infibeam after reading the comments of all of you ;-)

@ OP - post your infibeam order id here ... there's no point in posting a complaint without the order id.

OP
josin

josin

In the zone
all right .. I' not getting too alarmed about infibeam after reading the comments of all of you ;-)

@ OP - post your infibeam order id here ... there's no point in posting a complaint without the order id.

here it is...( see the attachment... please notice the delay in transferring the shipment to the local courier)at last they shipped it yesterday. Well some serious hard talking did the job. Now fingers crossed for delivery.
( my only complaint @infibeam was that they never informed me about the requirement of an id proof for delivery and without informing me me they held my shipment for seven days and their explanation for the delay was too unsatisfactory:-x)

Attachments

• Infibeam Logistics.pdf
    69.9 KB · Views: 133

BombayBoy

Journeyman

yes, topgear - no need to be alarmed or worried about infibeam :) people have had worse experiences even with flipkart
i am dealing with them for the EMI conversion of my latest iPad purchase ;)

here it is...( see the attachment... please notice the delay in transferring the shipment to the local courier)at last they shipped it yesterday. Well some serious hard talking did the job. Now fingers crossed for delivery.
( my only complaint @infibeam was that they never informed me about the requirement of an id proof for delivery and without informing me me they held my shipment for seven days and their explanation for the delay was too unsatisfactory:-x)

for some places, the delivery takes time. you can confirm that by talking to them before placing an order.
isn't it better that they insist on an id for the delivery?
check this quote from indiatimes shopping in the Shipping and Delivery FAQ
The delivery would be made address specific and not person specific.
last month for a mobile phone delivery, a staff from our society office collected the delivery from the courier at ground floor and delivered it to my home. this happened while i was not at home. and i was a bit shocked, because there could have been many possibilities.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ looks like there's no place left for decency now ;-)

too bad most of the call center people have no idea what they are talking about and dealing with .... same goes true for their employer.

OP
josin

josin

In the zone
for some places, the delivery takes time. you can confirm that by talking to them before placing an order.
isn't it better that they insist on an id for the delivery?
check this quote from indiatimes shopping in the Shipping and Delivery FAQ
The delivery would be made address specific and not person specific.
last month for a mobile phone delivery, a staff from our society office collected the delivery from the courier at ground floor and delivered it to my home. this happened while i was not at home. and i was a bit shocked, because there could have been many possibilities.

this was not my first time buying anything from online, ya it was my first time from infibeam. I never had an such issue from flipkart, ebay, homesop18 and even rediff. Insisting an id card is good but it is their duty to inform the customer about such a requirement. How sould the customer know that they have such a requirement? Ecommerce is actually based on trust, you dont get to see the actual seller, product or their shop, you believe what the seller says or shows, you act on such belief. Once you pay the amount the waiting starts and from morning of the promised delivery date you get exited. But what if you get to know that the package had not even shipped by seller.
I know delivery takes time, i had waited patiently for more than a month to get my dell laptop, but they delivered on the promised date. I dont understand why you are talking on behalf of infibeam. What they had done is wrong and i had lost the trust on them.

BombayBoy

Journeyman
this was not my first time buying anything from online, ya it was my first time from infibeam. I never had an such issue from flipkart, ebay, homesop18 and even rediff. Insisting an id card is good but it is their duty to inform the customer about such a requirement. How sould the customer know that they have such a requirement? Ecommerce is actually based on trust, you dont get to see the actual seller, product or their shop, you believe what the seller says or shows, you act on such belief. Once you pay the amount the waiting starts and from morning of the promised delivery date you get exited. But what if you get to know that the package had not even shipped by seller.
I know delivery takes time, i had waited patiently for more than a month to get my dell laptop, but they delivered on the promised date. I dont understand why you are talking on behalf of infibeam. What they had done is wrong and i had lost the trust on them.

let me make it clear if i haven't already, that i am not talking on behalf of infibeam or flipkart or any other e-tailer :|

i have never suggested that you were buying online for the first time and also never supported whatever happened to your delivery/order

read the fine print/FAQs/T&Cs - buyer beware/caveat emptor

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Why dont you contact Akosha with your problem?

Top Bottom