Please review my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^Its does not matter to a visitors who posted that article. For the visitor, its posted by "itech7.com".

And get a different logo and favicon.

Also consider getting better content.

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Thats one huge bad header. Change the theme man!
The placement of ADs is bad and I don't advice to use the ADs when theirs no content.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Just one suggestion.... Change the theme...

Thats the first thing you need to do...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
1. You have got a BIG header. your logo and your header are occupying almost half of the visitor's vision field.

2. There is no point in having 4 links to your RSS feed. If people really feel that they should subscribe, they WILL dig it out from that small footer.

3. The left menu is a complete waste of space. Put something better there.

4. The subheader links are totally confusing. I absolutely have no idea who 'Shanker Ganesh' is and don't care about it. So most visitors's wont. So again you lose a prominent and highly visible space on ur website. If he is someone really important, then u must position it properly.

5. See the below screehshots:

At 1024x768: *i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/RohanShenoyThane/itech_1024x786.jpg
At 800x600: *i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/RohanShenoyThane/itech_800x600.jpg

At 1027x768, I have to scroll down the page to red the post.
At 800x600, I am not even aware if there is anything 'down there'

6. Plz plz plz change the theme. Its not good.

Will tell you more as I realize.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
And the most important thing you need to do is stop stealing content from other sites. Be aware of the copyrights. Here in India, nobody may bother, but over the net, you will have a hard time.

And yeah, please think of a better tag line, remember it not a must esp if it going to be "Technology magnified 7 times".

Content here on this site is licensed under Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 India
You yourself don't hold a valid license of the articles on your website, so you cannot sub-license it. If someone gets caught because of you, you too will have the lashings!

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Opera isn't supported by this site. Consider using Firefox

I WILL NOT CONSIDER.

So wont several users who visit the site. People really dont care about your site. If they receive a message like this, they would just skip to the next blog. Either make it better, or shut it down.

Next,
Technology Magnified 7 times!

Let me make a site called Technology Magnified 9 times! so that I can OWN your site. Completely. Last time I checked, 110mb.com OWNED 50megs.com. Hope you understand.

Give credits/sources for the posts you leech off techrepublic.com. Nuff said.

If I were to make your entire site as a gadget, I would turn it into a Copier, with misplaced buttons and junk labels and unappealing colors, with nothing useful in it, and which works ONLY under a 40 watts bulb. Florescent lamp users have to "consider" the bulb.

That was a harsh review, but if you take it with an open mind, you will be able to make your site successful.

trublu

Ta da !
What is this??

*img516.imageshack.us/img516/3112/clipboard02yp6.th.jpg

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/actions1.gif

din

Tribal Boy
@rohan_shenoy

The image says

Opera < 9.05 isn't supported by this site. Upgrade to Opera 9.50+ or use Firefox/Intenet Explorer.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
It works on Opera 8... I just tried it on VMWare on a whim :)

EDIT: Class 10 students starting a website is not wrong, its actually appreciated, provided they make the site good. You need more experience at this. I really think you should go through some blogs on the net to see why people flock to it.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I am compelled to block Opera users because FCKEditor which I have installed, doesn't support Opera < 9.50 Then thought that blocking all of the opera users won't be nice so allowed Opera 9.50+ users. :)

And I have made that editor a compulsion for users and anonymous users so that they don't break the site by INVALID HTML in posts and comments.

And I am looking for another theme :)

And plz suggest some good slogans (tag lines).

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
Why isn't version less than Opera 9.5 not supported? Remember, 9.5 is still beta. You should support the latest stable version. 9.27.

[edit- OK. if the theme doesn't support it, then change the theme!!]

You need to have the digit 7 on your site's name. A website's name isn't like email id that you append any random no after your name.

Overall, the site looks clean. All the best. :)

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Why isn't version less than Opera 9.5 not supported? Remember, 9.5 is still beta. You should support the latest stable version. 9.27.

[edit- OK. if the theme doesn't support it, then change the theme!!]

You need to have the digit 7 on your site's name. A website's name isn't like email id that you append any random no after your name.

Overall, the site looks clean. All the best. :)
I use FCKEditor for forms which doesn't work on Opera < 9.50 & TinyMCE sucks.

And I don't want users and guests to post invalid HTML in comments and posts and break the site. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom